Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vote for Colony Ship in the Unreal Engine Dev Contest

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,7857.0.html

So, Epic Games, the creators of Unreal Engine, teamed up with some sponsors and a Russian site Disgusting Men to hold a contest and showcase some UE-based projects. For the sake of visibility, we decided to participate and made to quarter-finals so far. Here is our game page there:

https://unrealcontest.disgustingmen.com/2020/game/622/

There is an upvote button under the screenshots, feel free to support us. Upvotes do not influence the contest score, but might highlight CSG as a "popular" project, which will get it featured on the front page more often.

Oh hey, Raf Colantonio is on the jury: https://unrealcontest.disgustingmen.com/2020/competition/

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Big ups to the team for winning the Unreal Developer award!!
Thanks!

Vault Dweller care to share more details of what getting a custom tool means for development?
Here's an overview:
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/custom-license

Essentially, we get more features, full source code access, premium support, and what the overview refers to as flexible (meaning better) terms. I can't talk about the latter, but I can illustrate the former with an example. Our dialogue system was working fine in the dev build but when we compiled the first Steam build (a month or so before we started beta-testing the combat demo) it stopped working completely. Such problems (something that should be working fine but doesn't) are fairly common. We had them with Torque and we had them with Unreal (the dialogue system isn't the only example). Without 'premium support', you're on your own and it takes you a couple of weeks to do what someone who knows the engine inside out (and has full access to source code) can do in a day.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Aaah looking forward to the EGS announcement.

Hope you have the DLC/expansion ready by the time the game is on Steam and GOG VD

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Aaah looking forward to the EGS announcement.
Better terms with Epic Games and an exclusivity deal with Epic Games Store are two different things.

Yeah I was joking. Probably need some emoticon or something there to make my intent clear heh.

But really, winning the award is probably one step to get the deal, and theoretically speaking, if you are offered the deal, I doubt any dev would refuse considering the rumor on what Epic offered to devs just for 1 year exclusivity.

Ihavenoidea

Educated
and theoretically speaking, if you are offered the deal, I doubt any dev would refuse considering the rumor on what Epic offered to devs just for 1 year exclusivity.
Sounds great to be honest. I don't really care if I have a game on steam, gog, epic, or whatever Ubisoft has, as long as I can play it.
And if the green flows into the Tower - more power to them. If Vince sells out at least I will know we have a new top 10 richest person in whatever country he's in, cause it's hard for me to imagine him selling for less.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom