Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness VTMB Prelude mod by Wesp5

Wesp5

Arcane
https://www.moddb.com/mods/vtmb-prelude Wesp5 Did you post about this project already?

Oh wow, this looks amazing. How long is it projected to be when all the episodes are factored in?

The problem is that I am currently the last one in the team as I can't reach the others since months! Maybe I will be able to edit the existing maps to at least hint at what we originally planned.

And of course the dialogues may sound weird, what with three Germans writing English ;). But we got burgermeister from Clan Quest Mod to look them over, so they shouldn't be that bad...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will this be good?
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

CyberModuled

Savant
So I'm starting to play the mod now and uh... I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to feel when

the second level is filled with loads of Tzimisce enemies including ones that you'd encounter in the sewers and then Adrei decides to dump a fucking boss on my ass near the end of the level (while the game only gives me the basic revolver, Glcok, and shotgun to use along with a small amount of XP). Along with that it feels like the "holy" powers you get are either bugged or outright don't work. Holy Shield and Sight does nothing while still using up the faith meter while the healing one works but then if I try to use it again while it's on cooldown (which aside from being poorly conveyed other than the top left message text telling me so or not) it won't heal me but then still use my faith. Also I think this might be the first time I've seen a Source engine game have fucking floating text on my screen like it's a coked up version of the DVD bouncing logo if I dare to use my powers while I have a gun in hand. Worst of all using Source code cheats can't really help me here when the game has the tendency to sporadically crash in the middle of any combat.

I don't want to sound like the guy who crushes the passion of the modders who created this but this feels unpolished as fuck for a "1.0" release and it's a shame because I think the concept of initially playing as a student of Grünfeld Back is neat (even if it's being unsubtle about the fact that your character is probably going to be Embraced).

tl;dr this mod isn't very :balance: or particularly stable

Wesp5

Arcane

I agree that fighting on the oil rig is hard, but then you are a human and no supernatural vampire now. Try using Divine Light to blind enemy vampires and kill the humans however you like! If you sneak those Tzimisce creatures will not appear in the first place ;). As for the final boss, the easiest way to kill him is using the zombies. As for the weapon_null error, I'll look into this. You have been lucky as there are random crashes on the oil rig too, which we couldn't figure out yet! After all making the player a hunter needed some very ugly hacks in the first place :)...

CyberModuled

Savant

I agree that fighting on the oil rig is hard, but then you are a human and no supernatural vampire now. Try using Divine Light to blind enemy vampires and kill the humans however you like! If you sneak those Tzimisce creatures will not appear in the first place ;). As for the final boss, the easiest way to kill him is using the zombies. As for the weapon_null error, I'll look into this. You have been lucky as there are random crashes on the oil rig too, which we couldn't figure out yet! After all making the player a hunter needed some very ugly hacks in the first place :)...
Yeah after playing it some more I realized how much I underutilized Divine Light and it does help stun enemies more than I thought. I'm still not entirely happy about how the oil rig is designed (particularly this part) though at this point I'm just going to boil it down to me potentially missing a completely separate part of the level to avoid those enemies/missing an item to throw as a distraction and I might just be retarded. Also after making my comment and trying Holy Vision again it just seemed to work as it should so I retract my previous statement. Boss is definitely easier with the advice as well.

Honestly after that section though I didn't really have too many other bugs other than one regarding friendly AI where one of the two hunters that accompanies you at the end somehow got pissed at the other and started constantly shooting at him even though he was invincible (though considering how fucky AI is in the original game I don't really blame you guys). After the cliffhanger as well I gotta say that I'm actually looking forward to what the mod team has in store for Part 2 of the the Prelude mod. Overall the game visually looked pretty nice in terms of new/modified environments while the writing overall felt on point even with the lack of VA presentation. Best of luck to you guys.

Wesp5

Arcane
I'm still not entirely happy about how the oil rig is designed (particularly this part) though at this point I'm just going to boil it down to me potentially missing a completely separate part of the level to avoid those enemies/missing an item to throw as a distraction and I might just be retarded.

Right after you leave through the door with the code lock there is a way down under the platform to the left, hidden by some boxes, using it you can sneak past several enemies. The section you mention is intended for sneaking as well, but your Stealth stats were probably not high enough so you always got caught starting off, no? Maybe I should place another box there to help players out...

Honestly after that section though I didn't really have too many other bugs other than one regarding friendly AI where one of the two hunters that accompanies you at the end somehow got pissed at the other and started constantly shooting at him even though he was invincible (though considering how fucky AI is in the original game I don't really blame you guys).

I thought I had fixed that in 1.0, so I hope you were still playing 0.9 or an earlier version :)!

Zer0wing

Cipher
How many episodes planned? Or this is like anime ongoings and will last until developers are bored continuing it?

frajaq

Erudite
Can I just install this on the GOG version of VtMB or do I need to do Modding Bullshit

Wesp5

Arcane
The GOG version should work fine as it already includes the needed Game Mod Loader. Also for now we have three parts planned with a very definite ending which must fit to the beginning of Bloodlines!

Codex Year of the Donut
Are the abilities available to the character based on the actual pnp at all?
To be fair, Bach's weren't either.

Wesp5

Arcane
Are the abilities available to the character based on the actual pnp at all?

I don't know. I took what I found in the game files, intended probably for the cut multiplayer, which was Divine Light, Holy Vision, Shield of Faith and Mind Shield. As the last one wasn't working at all, I merged it with Shield of Faith to Faith Shield, which is in fact Fortitude, as Shield of Faith isn't saved correctly. Just recently I discovered unused particles for Faith Heal, so I recreated that using the Mind Shield icons and invisible blood packs, as luckily Faith and Blood aren't even handled differently. You see, it's one big hack to even make it work!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom