Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III: Reforged - now with lowest user metacritic score of all time

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Dawkinsfan69, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nathir Savant

Nathir
    And people will still give money to Blizzard for TBC remaster and D2 remaster.

• honk honk! honk honk! x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • consume product consume product x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. OctavianRomulus Learned

OctavianRomulus
    I suppose the good news is that this indirectly made D2 Resurrected into the game is shaping up to be...unless they manage to fuck that up too.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • sheeple sheeple x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Olinser Savant

Olinser

HOW. I mean seriously. HOW THE HELL could it POSSIBLY take them MONTHS to revamp ONE SINGLE LEVEL!?!?!?!?!?

MONTHS for a single level????? Solo schmucks on the internet have made entire campaigns in less time -- WITH voice acting.

This literally boggles my mind, and just confirms that this was a group of low-tier morons that had no idea what the hell they were doing from the start, and that they were incapable of doing this justice no matter how much time they were given.

But hey. At least they got those female death knight and demon hunter models out, right?? Gotta focus on the IMPORTANT things!!!

• Funny Funny x 7
    ^ Top  
  4. Olinser Savant

Olinser
    Given that they've already openly said that they're fucking with the base game and that the D2 remaster is only going to be '70% original', its pretty much a guarantee that it will be shit.

Nobody at Activision Blizzard has the talent to make a game like D2, this is going to end like that idiot lady that decided she was going to 'fix' the painting of Jesus.

[​IMG]

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • decline x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It really depends on what they thought the scope of the project was. There are endless ways you could attempt to improve an old 3D game. At the high end you're creating an entirely new game, like FF7 remake vs FF7.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    • decline decline x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Preben Arbiter

Preben
    It's still, ugly clunky and badly optimized. I stopped playing midway through the Blood Elven campaign and never looked back.
    The only thing that's objectively better is that some rules from The Frozen Throne were transplanted into the base game, so for example heroes with orbs can take down fliers.

No initial design vision/direction and no graphics pipeline.

^ Top  
  7. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    Wasn't all the art done overseas by outsourcers (i.e Chinks & Koreans as usually happens)? This is just peak American game dev and American "corporations" in general now. A bunch of overpaid upper middle class retards doing nothing while management outsources all the work to other countries, does a bad job, then releases it as a shitshow, and the American devs complain about how they were mistreated for doing literally nothing.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    what is going to change in the D2 remaster? I though it was just a modern graphical overlay with the old game running underneath

^ Top  
  9. MajorMace Liturgist Patron

MajorMace

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Yeah after the bewildering revelations of these last weeks, I'm just simply not addicted or nostalgic enough to give this company a penny.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. TheDiceMustRoll Game Analist

Self-Ejected
    "We only got a plate full of shit, there wasn't even any broken glass in it!"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Zeriel Arcane

Zeriel
    "Sure, the dining room is full of radioactive waste and the chef chopped off my leg, but this restaurant USED to be good. Does it really matter if we almost died going there this time? I'm going back next week!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Olinser Savant

Olinser
    'Key quality of life improvements' was the verbiage being thrown around, and they were talking up SJW bullshit like 'accessibility' and how a player with a disability could play the game. They're also making it 'cross progression' so that consoles and PC can play at the same time (which means they're dumbing down the gameplay so that console mouthbreathers won't be at a disadvantage).

I pretty much completely tuned out at that point. Nothing about anything Activision Blizzard has done the last 5 years makes me think that they have the SLIGHEST idea why the game was actually popular, and that they have every intention of fucking the base game up in the name of 'accessibility'.

Blizzard is dead and buried. It's Activision Blizzard now.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Mazisky Magister

Mazisky
    Just a note, I've tried the Quenching mod and it improves the graphics considerably, expecially the environments. I suggest giving it a try

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Nathir Savant

Nathir
    "Atleast the next one will be good, right guys?"

Don't forget to preorder WotLK classic, D4 and the SC2 remaster.

• consume product consume product x 2
    • No No x 1
    • +20 Social Credit +20 Social Credit x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. OctavianRomulus Learned

OctavianRomulus
    Considering what a huge PR disaster this was (on top of many others), the decent thing would be to redo it all over again. Old Blizzard would have done it or rather would never have released a half-baked game. New Blizzard doesn't even want to talk about this game.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Psquit Arcane

Psquit
    "Activision Blizzard is being investigated for sexist workplace practices" Uh oh.

^ Top  
  17. [UCHIHA]XxDarkSasuke420xX Prospernaut Shitposter

[UCHIHA]XxDarkSasuke420xX
    >mfw WC3R doesn't have multiplayer ladder so I can't show off my 1337 gamer skills and copy paste build orders
    [​IMG]

• STOP! posting x 4
    • retadred x 4
    • Someone has issues x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • Edgy x 1
    • No x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • cuck x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. OctavianRomulus Learned

OctavianRomulus
    What a fucking dumpster fire. The people of Blizzard used to be my heroes. I think Diablo 4 is their last chance. D2R looks good but it's really just buying time until D4.

No wonder their stories are so fucking bad these days. I don't expect such morally bankrupt people to make a good, inspiring story. I get the feeling that Mike Morhaime and Chris Metzen were the good guys at Blizzard and Chris is a bit too idealistic for me.

• sheeple sheeple x 7
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. [UCHIHA]XxDarkSasuke420xX Prospernaut Shitposter

[UCHIHA]XxDarkSasuke420xX
    >HEH, guys, I just watched *youtube eceleb/twitch streamer/esports nerd* ABSOLUTELY DUNK on WC3R! What an EPIC FAIL game! *sips soylent*
    [​IMG]

• STOP! posting x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • WTF am I reading x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. MajorMace Liturgist Patron

MajorMace

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    You seem upset.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. JBro Arbiter

JBro
    Me

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    i mean its one thing to go back to a violent husband but youre talking about going back to a husband who murdered you cut you into pieces and buried them in a dark unknown wood somewhere in Chechnya

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Edgy Edgy x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    I imagine many a Banshee would.

• Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fork Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

fork
    Why is there no jurisdiction in the world where it's legal to raise funds to kill faggots such as those depicted (and go through with it). I mean, fuck!, 5 minutes on twitter, reddit, facebook or any other random place of the web and it's abundantly clear what the world's problems are. Why does nobody solve them...

• STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.