Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

Wild Slop

Arcane
Smeetas don't smeet anymore!?

the game lost the plot quite some time ago by larding over so many unfinished grinds and exploding the story into all sorts of incoherent directions.

But the core gameplay is and always will be * mmmwah *.
Very much agreed on both counts.

I haven't played a lot of online games but after falling in love with Warframe years ago I've tried Destiny, Division, Anthem, Overwatch and Titanfall and Warframe stands so much head and shoulders above the rest it's almost embarrassing (ok Titanfall 2 was actually fun.)

Can't understand how can anyone keep playing all these when there's a clearly superior option.
If Warframe was released as a SP campaign with mission format, would be the best 3rd Person Shooter-Melee game ever.

It has:
- variety in locations, enemies and missions (I´m a big fan of the infiltration mission with puzzle vaults, best sensation of being a ninja spy ever)
- Fantastic art and aesthetics- Good graphics
- Best 3rd person movement ever, great shooting, satisfying melee and cool powers.
- Depth in the customization of weapons, armor and character.

But they chose to make a degenerate MP grinding game. Still worth playing of course.
Wasted potential. Found the FTP shit too corrosive and had to stop.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
DE must have finally figured out how to add a real grind to the game if y'all's complaints are legitimate, because they fucked that up for years and resources were stupid easy to farm.

I haven't played since 2017 when I gave all my shiny Pokemon and cute tattoos away ITT.

Gerrard

Arcane
Pop quiz: what is 300 + 440%? If you answered 740, you may just be an Excalibur player.

Vitality (+440% Heath), Redirection (+440% Shields), Flow (+150% Energy), and Steel Fiber (+110% Armor) come with large modifier values that don’t seem to match their outcome in-game. This is because these Mods apply their multiplier to the base stats of the Warframe - i.e., the stats you have at Rank 0. In the Excalibur example, a Rank 30 Excalibur’s Health stat of 300 earns an additional 440 Health from max rank Vitality (+440% Heath) since it applies to his base rank Health stat of 100, resulting in 740 total health.

In this update, we have removed this obfuscation by having Health, Shield, Energy, and Armor Mods apply to the stats of Warframes at their current rank. Continuing our Excalibur example, instead of Vitality always applying to Excalibur’s base rank 100 Health, it would apply to his Health stat based on his rank - namely, the stat you can actually see in your Arsenal. If your Excalibur were Rank 30, his Health stat would be 300, which means Vitality’s multiplier would be calculated off of 300.
Holy shit DE finally found common sense after 10 years.

Turjan

Arcane
k

Wednesday you gain access to the most lethal weapon type yet...

book

The quest is actually quite nice. The grind is more of the same, a bit like Zariman 2.0
There's something like a raid boss. Sort of.

There's a 4 weeks long "clan event" (I use that term lightly) going on that gives some easier access to some of the rarest arcanes.

They changed tons of mechanics though. Melee got a rework again, new mods, arcanes, etc. Companions are actually useful.

I'd say they are generally looking into the right direction, but the main issue is that the game gets more and more unwieldy. It's the fate of live service games, I guess, with no really good solution.

Caim

Arcane
k

Wednesday you gain access to the most lethal weapon type yet...

book

The quest is actually quite nice. The grind is more of the same, a bit like Zariman 2.0
There's something like a raid boss. Sort of.

There's a 4 weeks long "clan event" (I use that term lightly) going on that gives some easier access to some of the rarest arcanes.

They changed tons of mechanics though. Melee got a rework again, new mods, arcanes, etc. Companions are actually useful.

I'd say they are generally looking into the right direction, but the main issue is that the game gets more and more unwieldy. It's the fate of live service games, I guess, with no really good solution.

Yeah, it's been a while since I last touched Warframe, but even a year ago I felt that there was so much stuff that the game started to get in its own way.

Turjan

Arcane
Yeah, it's been a while since I last touched Warframe, but even a year ago I felt that there was so much stuff that the game started to get in its own way.
Just curious: How far did you get in the game until you got bored?

Caim

Arcane
Just curious: How far did you get in the game until you got bored?
A good chunk of Jupiter done, alongside most quests you can do in those areas. I did peek around a bit on the open world maps, but I didn't put that much time into them.

Turjan

Arcane
I remember when I first came to Jupiter and saw those platform sections on the outside of the gas cities and thought "You got to be kidding me!" (not implying you had any issue with this). I was still rather slow, and those maps were overly vast. Even though I like the aesthetics, I have never bothered with the secret vaults on Jupiter to this day, and if the task comes up in Nightwave, I ignore it. On Ceres, I still had fun finding all those hidden rooms (though they don't contain anything worthwhile most of the time), but not here. If I go there nowadays, my pick is almost certainly Titania, just to fly through it. So yeah, I had a moment where I thought about quitting at that point, too.

the problem with jupiter is that it's been remade with the veteran player in mind, who can just at a glance identify where he can go, what platform he can reach. several junctions are going to be a pain for new players who have to just stop and stare for some solid minutes to identify the way to go forward.

Gerrard

Arcane
I hate the current """parkour""" system, the bullet jump was a mistake. A costly mistake that crippled the rest of the game's gameplay design.

Caim

Arcane
the problem with jupiter is that it's been remade with the veteran player in mind, who can just at a glance identify where he can go, what platform he can reach. several junctions are going to be a pain for new players who have to just stop and stare for some solid minutes to identify the way to go forward.
Yeah, the first outside section in one of the early Jupiter levels had me scratching my head for a bit, but I managed to make it through.

Then again, I'm the kind of player that likes to take his time and look around.

Turjan

Arcane
I hate the current """parkour""" system, the bullet jump was a mistake. A costly mistake that crippled the rest of the game's gameplay design.
One of the most asked questions from new players in the clan I joined is "Where is the trading post?"
This is asked that often that the answer is part of the "welcome" message every time you start the game, but that's easy to miss. Some joker thought it was a good idea to put it at spawn, but up. You can only reach it by a well targeted bullet jump.

I hate the current """parkour""" system, the bullet jump was a mistake.
removing stamina was the real mistake. being able to endlessly jump your way out of any trouble deprives of significance the moment when you truly needed to execute a complex manouver and manage to pull it off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom