Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RTS Wargame Red Dragon is back, with South African DLC announced

Dayyālu

Arcane
Hopefully this means they'll work on the balance. Some work is direly needed particularly for some factions.

Pity we'll never get Cubans, but they simply don't have the kit for the RD kind of game.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Hopefully this means they'll work on the balance. Some work is direly needed particularly for some factions.

Pity we'll never get Cubans, but they simply don't have the kit for the RD kind of game.
I think they can easily had back the Soviet-Korean coalition. It is fully coded in the game, just "not available", and it would give more choice for the redfor. Neither USSR nor North Korea is competitive at the moment, and SovKor memefy the Soviet Deck rather than really improve it.

Other than that, they have only a few balance fix to do IMO :
1. Stuff that absolutely every one in the community agrees on :
Remove the "bug-or-feature" double missile of the Finnish MIG, align the Finnish IFV to the other IFV of the same price, and increase the price or nerf Yugoslavian recon tanks.

2. Stuff the community does not agree on
Price increase for HE5/HE6 mortars :)

Endemic

Arcane
I see where they're going with the historical angle, but for modern day warfare you may as well add a Ugandan DLC. Hey, they have the T-90S now :P

I haven't played this in a while, can't wait. There's going to be a noob deluge because of the Epic giveaway, so perfect for my rusty skills (I wasn't even good back then, heh).

ValeVelKal

Arcane
I haven't played this in a while, can't wait. There's going to be a noob deluge because of the Epic giveaway, so perfect for my rusty skills (I wasn't even good back then, heh).
There is always a noob deluge, plus a lot of the oldies came back. This is the second golden age

KateMicucci

Arcane
Some of the campaign mechanics are frustrating. I'm working on Hong Kong right now. There is one turn left. I have every region on the map captured EXCEPT for the three secondary objectives. I will take take two of them back if I play well, but the third one I cannot, and why? Because the PLA regiment there is marines, and their starting region is the water. There's no way I can kill their ships to kick them out. The reason why this is frustrating is that I have my two fleets controlling the water region on the campaign map, but they can't be used to fight off the tiny marine navy in the tactical map and they still have the inaccessible water zone.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Some of the campaign mechanics are frustrating. I'm working on Hong Kong right now. There is one turn left. I have every region on the map captured EXCEPT for the three secondary objectives. I will take take two of them back if I play well, but the third one I cannot, and why? Because the PLA regiment there is marines, and their starting region is the water. There's no way I can kill their ships to kick them out. The reason why this is frustrating is that I have my two fleets controlling the water region on the campaign map, but they can't be used to fight off the tiny marine navy in the tactical map and they still have the inaccessible water zone.

Don't they get destroyed if morale is 0 and they retreat? Also can't you use planes to destroy any ship they spawn on the map?

ValeVelKal

Arcane
The Hong Kong campaign may be the worst campaign. It is basically "defend defend defend" until the final push.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom