Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters - Grey Knights turn-based tactical RPG

Harthwain

Magister
My gripes:
I kind of understand what they were going for:

• Random equipment - you're expected to play around what you get, rather than making cutter-cookie builds.
  • Advanced classes - advanced classes being rare makes them more valuable as part of team mixup.
  • Critical Wounds - the assumption is you get Critical Wounds as part of playing the game. So either you're to good for the game on the level you're playing at or the balance itself is not good enough.
  • Respec on death - in Games Workshop games dying is commonplace (think: Battle Brothers). You are expected to lose party members and this mechanic plays into it. This is, once again, a problem with the balance of the difficulty more than anything else.
  • Random abilities - Once more, this is to prevent people from making cutter-cookie builds and incentivize "How I can make this useful" line of thinking.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Random abilities - Once more, this is to prevent people from making cutter-cookie builds and incentivize "How I can make this useful" line of thinking.

It's a cheap trick to BALINSE the game so the best players don't get perfect units and it doesn't change anything for the worst ones.
Cheaper than having two handcrafted difficulty modes to please everyone, rather, you please no one but play on the random vibe coming from Roguelikes.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Random abilities - Once more, this is to prevent people from making cutter-cookie builds and incentivize "How I can make this useful" line of thinking.

It's a cheap trick to BALINSE the game so the best players don't get perfect units and it doesn't change anything for the worst ones.
Cheaper than having two handcrafted difficulty modes to please everyone, rather, you please no one but play on the random vibe coming from Roguelikes.
Random abilities are not as bad as random gear. It is very frustrating indeed to have no option to choose what you want at all (at least a sub-category of item).
I'd like to be able to pay req to reroll some items at least.

Saduj

Arcane
Btw did they remove the AP reset when discovering a new pod? Seems like a mistake to me, will certainly increase the number of ragequits among the players with low willpower. :)

Just did a gate mission where not only did the AP not reset on new encounters but the AP did not reset/weapons did not reload at end of encounters. New enemies were also warping in every other turn along the path I had to take. This happened twice in a row on same mission. I had to choose between reloading weapons and making little progress or trying to keep moving with empty weapons.

The first time I reached the gate by ignoring the 3rd warp in. Ended up being a mistake as the gate was surrounded by those plant mortars, the warped in group was strong, ranged weapons were empty and I got stuck between the two groups. Restarted mission.

The 2nd time, I tried to be meticulous. When I cleared the map, I'd reload on any knight with leftover AP and if there was any AP left after that, I'd move forward. New warp in would appear on next turn and I head for it. My team was at full health after three encounters but I was moving at a snail's pace and it just felt like busy work so I rage quit.

The game wasn't doing this last night and I don't see a new patch today so I don't know what's up. Not refreshing AP on new encounter isn't that bad. The annoying part is lack of reload/new AP when the map is cleared because it just makes moving across the map an annoying chore. Not quitting the game but I'm done for the night. :argh: I really hope this isn't intentional because it ain't fun.

Did anyone research the 1 WP per warp surge? Does it indeed trigger every warp surge, or is it just once per mission?

Yes. Very useful and works during boss fights, unlike stratagems.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Random equipment - you're expected to play around what you get, rather than making cutter-cookie builds.
Yea, nah. Like I said, I wanted a Force Sword, only ONCE it dropped the whole game, when I got 5 Croziuses... and I have only ONE Chaplain. That's just shit. There should be a choice or let me reroll something else. I've had so many Servoskulls that 'show enemy locations' that it isn't funny. That skill isn't useful in this game.
Advanced classes - advanced classes being rare makes them more valuable as part of team mixup.
'Mixup', how can I know what is valuable when I don't get the Paladin? To test him out? All +20 of his abilities? That would be nice if I could test everything, otherwise I need replay the game over and over. Here's the kicker, advanced classes are mid game, thus you need to invest X hours into the game to maybe get an advanced class. Remember, you only get a respec if somebody dies. If you Paladin/Chaplain dies, you don't get them back.
Critical Wounds - the assumption is you get Critical Wounds as part of playing the game. So either you're to good for the game on the level you're playing at or the balance itself is not good enough.
Respec on death - in Games Workshop games dying is commonplace (think: Battle Brothers). You are expected to lose party members and this mechanic plays into it. This is, once again, a problem with the balance of the difficulty more than anything else.
This is the same thing - this is BAD game design. You don't limit the useful and fun features behind getting penalties. You don't say to the player 'shoot yourself in the foot to have fun or to gain access to additional features', that's dumb. More so that what I'm guessing losing a lot of your GKs to boost others (respec or gain abilities) will get you negative marks with Ectar or Grandmaster. I'm fucking sure of it. It's the same as for example in Total War Warhammer you have a trait that gives you 'bonus to X' for LOSING battles. Mate, you are supposed to WIN battles, you don't encourage bad gameplay, you should encourage good gameplay. Why not let people augment their bodies like some Techmarine? It's in the lore/setting. Why do I need to get into a mission, and get my guy PURPOSEFULLY maimed/killed to gain a bonus? Same goes with respec (I'm not touching Bonus Abilities for dead GKs, that's a nice bonus). Why do I have to kill one of my GKs to get a respec for an older GK? Especially when they do nerfs in a SINGLEplayer game and some builds 'do not work anymore'. Perfecting balance is for multiplayer games, get this shit out of my singleplayer games. Make fun and interesting choices for the player to make.
Sure, whatever. Still, rather have a respec. Because you know what it makes the player do? Not use these characters. The majority of players will stick to their 4 main guys (which in this game is a bad choice, since you need 8 guys at the last mission).

Harthwain

Magister
Yea, nah. Like I said, I wanted a Force Sword, only ONCE it dropped the whole game, when I got 5 Croziuses... and I have only ONE Chaplain. That's just shit. There should be a choice or let me reroll something else. I've had so many Servoskulls that 'show enemy locations' that it isn't funny. That skill isn't useful in this game.
Having an option to re-roll isn't a bad idea. I would also throw in a hidden bonus to ensure you're having better chances to get some items or classes you don't have so you aren't geting 5 of the same thing you can't even use. Or insert a mechanic that allows you to scrap trash and "buy" a specific weapon type out of it. But overall this is a balance problem more than anything else.

'Mixup', how can I know what is valuable when I don't get the Paladin?
If you have a limited access to something then it is, by definition, more valuable than something that you have an unlimited access to.

To test him out? All +20 of his abilities? That would be nice if I could test everything, otherwise I need replay the game over and over.
Hm... How about building your character as you go? Or do you want to know The Best Build™ right at the start?

This is the same thing - this is BAD game design. You don't limit the useful and fun features behind getting penalties.
You don't understand - this isn't a penalty. It is supposed to be par to the course. Much like mercenaries in Battle Brothers are expected to get wounded or die as core part of the gameplay. So it is not the idea that's wrong, but the balance. Because in the perfect world you are supposed to struggle, not breeze through the game. Unless you pick a story difficulty or something like that. So, again, either you are that good (and should be play on harder difficulty) or the game isn't balanced well enough.

It's the same as for example in Total War Warhammer you have a trait that gives you 'bonus to X' for LOSING battles. Mate, you are supposed to WIN battles, you don't encourage bad gameplay, you should encourage good gameplay.
In Hearts of Iron 4 you get experience from losses. Why? Because in real life you can learn a lot from defeats and this way you can get experience to reorganize your army. In A Game of Thrones: The Board Game there is the Roose Bolton battle card, which allows you to take your entire discard pile after losing a battle. And it is considered to be one of the strongest cards in the game.

Make fun and interesting choices for the player to make.
Sure. The problem is what is considered fun.

Sure, whatever. Still, rather have a respec. Because you know what it makes the player do? Not use these characters. The majority of players will stick to their 4 main guys (which in this game is a bad choice, since you need 8 guys at the last mission).
Since when "the majority of players" is an argument for anything? The problem isn't getting random abilities. It's either the people's inability to adapt or their abilities not being good enough. If it is the former - and the game is singleplayer-focused experience - then adding a toggleable option to re-roll whatever you want, as many times as you want is a way to keep the original idea, while allowing others to play as they want without making it a chore of constant re-loading.

Alpharius

Scholar
Btw did they remove the AP reset when discovering a new pod? Seems like a mistake to me, will certainly increase the number of ragequits among the players with low willpower. :)

Just did a gate mission where not only did the AP not reset on new encounters but the AP did not reset/weapons did not reload at end of encounters. New enemies were also warping in every other turn along the path I had to take. This happened twice in a row on same mission. I had to choose between reloading weapons and making little progress or trying to keep moving with empty weapons.
I think this happens only in "close the gate" missions. Btw i started getting one of these almost every time now, and if i dont fly to it then its a +1 to "lose the game" counter. :argh: The mission itself kinda sucks, i much preferred the regular ones. Also protip: the inquisitor can banish the the giant 45 hp flowers in one hit, since they are daemonic.

On the topic of random loot, i've got a bunch of +grenade ammo, range and area armors, stun grenades +3 and a "crazed" grenade with 5 damage (enemies hit by it get crazed affliction and attack eachother for three turns). So now i dont even need to spend the willpower to execute all the enemies. Purgator has 6 of each grenades and can throw them across half the map, the rest of the team has 3-4 stun grenades.

Also Chaplains litany of hate is bugged apparently, or somehow multiples the AP gain instead of incrementing it. The knight executing the enemy now usually gets from 6 to 10 AP if the litany of hate is active(may be activated on the first turn and stays on for the whole mission). :hahano:

Didn't get a single paladin yet too, and ulikely to get one either since i rarely can choose the mission now (have to close the gate).

No critical injuires on ironman + legendary either, so the balance is definitely off. Perhaps it would have been different if i started playing on the current patch and not release version.

Last edited:

Alpharius

Scholar
Got a bunch of "knight just dies a final death in x turns" afflictions in a boss fight against a blue great unclean one (Malathian). :negative:
An interceptor with 17 action points from executing two plaguebeares made short work of him.:dealwithit:
Perhaps an apothecary could have dispelled it but all my apothecaries were occupied in a random event.

Saduj

Arcane
The demon that represents the green plague is an annoying fight and it seemed to me like the game was giving bullshit advice during it. I took out the masses that spawn the little gremlin dudes but it didn't seem to make too much of a difference because the boss still barfs out enough of them to protect him/attack you every turn anyway. I knocked over a couple of torches to burn some of them and the game kept telling me to do more but I didn't see any reliable way to herd them into position (without putting my own guy in position to get burned with them) and waiting around for the opportunity to burn more than 1-2 at a time seemed like a horrible idea. When I did kill some, it never seemed to matter much anyway because he spawns more every turn than I can reliably kill. Eventually, I just ignored what the game was saying and bum rushed the boss, killing him while doing reduced damage. Ended up with three critical injuries during that fight. Two of those were because when I finally did rush the boss, I left him with 8 hp and he got another turn. The AP I had wasted on those little turds could have easily been used to chip away another 8 hp before I fully committed.

Am I wrong to think that ignoring those little fuckers completely is the right thing to do?

Alpharius

Scholar
The demon that represents the green plague is an annoying fight and it seemed to me like the game was giving bullshit advice during it. I took out the masses that spawn the little gremlin dudes but it didn't seem to make too much of a difference because the boss still barfs out enough of them to protect him/attack you every turn anyway. I knocked over a couple of torches to burn some of them and the game kept telling me to do more but I didn't see any reliable way to herd them into position (without putting my own guy in position to get burned with them) and waiting around for the opportunity to burn more than 1-2 at a time seemed like a horrible idea. When I did kill some, it never seemed to matter much anyway because he spawns more every turn than I can reliably kill. Eventually, I just ignored what the game was saying and bum rushed the boss, killing him while doing reduced damage. Ended up with three critical injuries during that fight. Two of those were because when I finally did rush the boss, I left him with 8 hp and he got another turn. The AP I had wasted on those little turds could have easily been used to chip away another 8 hp before I fully committed.

Am I wrong to think that ignoring those little fuckers completely is the right thing to do?
I destroyed the three(?) nurgling spawners in the corners of the map and then just tanked him since one of my knights had 5 armor with aegis + plague immunity and he only deals 6 damage per hit if i'm not mistaken. After that the new nurglings all died each turn while intercepting bolter fire from the rest of the knights.
I think the nurglings don't do much apart from attacking knights sometimes when they are close. When they turn into plaguebearers its just free AP. Still better to destroy them spawners at least (they weren't visible when in the fog of war i think, so perhaps i missed one).

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
I sent my interceptor clear the speaking grounds as he wouldn't last long against the boss without terminator armour and sent the 3 other guys to smack him (paladin, justicar and librarian), and he eventually died with my interceptor at 3 hp.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Should I wait for some more patching or the game is good enough already?
I'd say it is safe to wait. Some players encountered campaign breaking bugs, like construction halted forever after an event, but many managed to finish the campaign without issue. I personally encountered no major bug, but it would be a major risk if playing ironman.

Ruchy

Scholar
Should I wait for some more patching or the game is good enough already?
I'd say it is safe to wait. Some players encountered campaign breaking bugs, like construction halted forever after an event, but many managed to finish the campaign without issue. I personally encountered no major bug, but it would be a major risk if playing ironman.

I just finished an Ironman play through tonight, had a bug on the last mission where the enemy turn would stall forever, had to exit and reload the game a few times and change what I did in my turn to get past it but luckily made it through.

Alpharius

Scholar
No bugs for me either, only a few crashes.

Just killed the purple boss Munificus. Was pretty tough, spent all 7 stun grenades +5 on him, all the enemies except for the boss were small bloom spawn plants so no free AP from executions and i didn't have + will power on warp surge either so i quickly ran out of will power for the apo heals and buffs and honour the chapter. Was unable to destroy the plants faster than they spawn so i had to retreat to another part of the map a couple of times, though perhaps i was unlucky with warp surges (they also spawned these plants). Maybe a flamer or psilincer with bonus damage against demons would have been useful here to deal with the plants, psycanon wasn't very effective.

Managed to make the boss skip turns by stunning him with overwarch, otherwise i would have been fucked as he has like 5 different ranged attacks per round and can only be harmed by melee crits. :shredder:

randir14

Augur
They released a performance patch today. It's a pretty good improvement, I haven't dropped under 60 fps so far and most of the stuttering is gone.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Well it’s quite fun. But. I’ve noticed that the AI is kinda braindead and it only can compensate with quantity. I’ve had a mission where I’ve engaged three plague marines, their actions were plain stupid: running around without actually attacking anybody, making AOE attacks with no one inside a killzones. They could have wrecked me good since I was only three wounded knights strong, but ended up not dealing any damage at all. That’s kind of disappointing.

Excited to see more factions added, seeing myself as an absolute DLC whore if they are good.

By the way I would strongly recommend playing your first playthrough on ironman, adds lots of fun.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1611910/view/3201508488817773515

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters | Update V

Ave Imperator, Force Commanders.

We have released a new update for Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters to resolve a number of issues raised since launch. If you continue to experience issues please do report them to us as soon as possible and include as much information as you can.

Here are the update notes:

Manufactorum Projects

• Some events could cause projects in the Manufactorum to be unable to be completed. Saves with this issue will now be able to repair as normal. Saves in the middle of any of these events will have their timers set to 40 days instead of infinite.

Performance

• Fixed an issue when trying to load a corrupted save.
  • Fixed an issue when trying to load an invalid save would freeze the game.
  • We have optimized a number of elements to improve performance, including:
    • Improvements to the ship HUD, which will improve performance overall when accessing ship menus.
    • Additional draw distances have been reduced to improve performance.
    • Optimizations have been done on all objects in rooms on the Baleful Edict.
    • Ship room elements have been optimised improve performance.
    • Some new optimisations to the Combat HUD to improve performance.
    • Updated debris pool loading which will improve performance.

• Fixed issues with event holograms that caused drops in FPS.
  • Performance improvements during the tutorial when facing Ere’khul.
Balance Changes

• Grey Knights are now more resilient to becoming wounded in the early stages of the game on all difficulties.
  • Grey Knights will now recover to full health after the Purgation Ritual is completed.
  • Grey Knights on assignment will have that status cleared.
    All ship statuses such as character morale statuses will also be cleared.
  • Critically Wounded Knights will not receive augmetics in this way.
  • Enemy reinforcement groups are now smaller for Standard and Merciful difficulties. This will not affect current saves in combat on these difficulties but will affect subsequent combats on these difficulties.
  • Battlefield Medicine base cost adjusted to 2WP.
  • Closed some exploits that could be used to circumvent game mechanics.

Grey Knights

• Chaplains
    • Fixed an issue where Chaplain litany bonuses would not stack correctly with two Chaplains.
    • Fixed an issue where litanies would not correctly apply to incapacitated Grey Knights, once they had been released or recovered.
    • Fixed an issue where litanies would not apply correctly after a save/load.

• Apothecaries
    • Resolved an issue where reaction strikes from Apothecaries using Nartheciums in Terminator Armour would deal zero damage.

• Castellan Garran Crowe
    • Resolved an issue where Castellan Crowe’s Titan trait didn't work as intended; Castellan Crowe will no longer receive Augmetics after being Critically Wounded.

• Grey Knight Event Fixes
    • Grey Knights in the Suspended Wounded state due to Surgical Problems will now be able to heal as normal.
    • Events will no longer apply benefits or penalties to the wrong Grey Knight.
    • If a Grey Knight sent on a Paladin’s quest fails and dies, the pop up will now clear when confirming it.

• Grey Knight Abilities
    • Enduring Reflexes will now allow Support Fire to trigger twice for the same enemy.
    • Blast abilities like Vortex of Doom targeted in doorways will no longer appear on the ceiling.
    • Sanctified Kill Zone Warp Charge will now ignore cover like the base ability.
    • Crushing charge will no longer cause the game to lock if you charge through an enemy that's in the process of dying.

• Equipment and Augmetic Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where Autosanguine Augmetic has no icon.
    • Fixed an issue where the Psycannon's Psychic Onslaught range did not match weapon range. Psychic Onslaught will now take the weapon’s base range as it’s own range.
    • Fixed an issue where the Apothecarion Skull ignores Biomancy upgrades. The Apothecarion Skull will now add all unlocked upgrades to Biomancies it applies.
    • Fixed a graphical issue where Passive Wargear would overlap each other in the Grey Knight information view.
    • Fixed an issue where Defend Position’s armour bonus was expiring at end of turn. Defend Position’s armour bonus will now expire at the end of the enemy turn and will properly stack with the Aegis Shield and Fortress Armour bonuses.
    • Fixed an issue where Terminator Armour caused infinite loading.
    • Fixed an issue where Flames of Purity is affected by cover. Flames of Purity damage will no longer be affected by cover or distance as per normal Spread Attack rules.

Gameplay

• Combat Fixes
    • The
      Take No More Than xx Damage
      Glorious Deed no longer counts damage to armour or damage dealt to Hailer Skulls.
    • Healthbar and armour will now drain more smoothly when a unit suffers multiple instances of damage at once.
    • Fixed an issue where Grey Knights could walk onto the same cell as a Critically Wounded Grey Knight.
    • Fixed an issue where enemy effects will no longer trigger a fail for No Willpower Glorious Deed.
    • Fixed an issue where enemies on timebombs and Bloom Roots could not be attacked in melee due to the camera angle.
    • Fixed an issue where an incorrect amount of action points would be displayed when performing an action in specific situations, such as a Grey Knight stepping out to make a ranged attack.
    • Newly created Hazard areas such as Ignited Oil, Flame Bowl fire and Prometheum Spray will now attribute any kills to the creator of the Hazard area, causing them to gain Willpower and Experience as normal.
  • Enemy Fixes
    • Helbrutes will no longer do an ungraceful slide when performing a rush attack after a stun.
    • Enemies who have had limbs removed will no longer regenerate said limbs if you load a save file.
    • Enraged enemies will now try to get as close to their target as possible to melee attack them.
    • Fixed an issue where the Foetid Bloat Drone's Saturation Bombing ability could cause infinite looping.

• Event Fixes
    • Some Events have been updated to be clearer when your ship will be in danger.
    • Fixed an issue where some SFX and VFX for some Events were not playing when the ship took damage.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause the Damage Spreading Event to be impossible to resolve if you saved and loaded after it had started.

• Ship UI
    • Using the 'i' button or middle mouse-click to inspect a mission will now properly calculate how many days are left on the mission
    • New Current Project displays have been added to the Manufactorum and Libris Malleus that display the current project in progress and the number of days to complete it.
    • The description of the Stasis Chamber has been updated to more accurately represent its benefits.
    • The numbering of Apothecarion and Libris upgrades have been updated to make more sense.
    • Fixed an issue where some ability Bane/Boons were not displaying correctly in the active/passive/auto menu in the Barracks.

• Tutorial Fixes
    • Fixed an issue that could cause a softlock during the tutorial.
    • Fixed an issue where if the Prognosticar Tutorial and any event that triggers a cinematic occur at the same time, it resulted in a black screen.
    • Fixed an issue that could cause multiple and incorrect popups during the Seed Extraction tutorial.
    • Fixed an issue where a lock could occur if player attacks during stratagem tutorial.

• Cinematic Fixes
    • Story Cinematics and Combat Cinematics will properly adjust and display borders correctly in large display resolutions.
    • The black screen period after the Ritual Interrupted Cinematic is now shorter.
    • Fixed an issue where tabbing out would cause the loss of music during cinematics, if watched through the Cinematics Menu in Windowed Fullscreen mode.

Gamepad Fixes

• The cursor position will now auto update to where the camera pans while using a gamepad.
  • Fixed an issue where the gamepad can become unresponsive after tabbing out during XP allocation.
  • Fixed an issue where the Stratagem Tutorial could show the wrong button for the gamepad.
  • Fixed an issue where, in some situations, the movement area would disappear when using a gamepad.

Misc Fixes

• Resolved some typos and incorrect wording for localised text.
  • Fixed an issue where player could not select anything on the main menu.

We continue to review reports and feedback so do please continue to share your comments and issues with us.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
Well it’s quite fun. But. I’ve noticed that the AI is kinda braindead and it only can compensate with quantity. I’ve had a mission where I’ve engaged three plague marines, their actions were plain stupid: running around without actually attacking anybody, making AOE attacks with no one inside a killzones. They could have wrecked me good since I was only three wounded knights strong, but ended up not dealing any damage at all. That’s kind of disappointing.

Yeah if ranged enemies were to use the AP they waste on overwatch on actual attacks, the game would be tougher.

Anyway, finished the game a couple of days ago. No real bugs to speak of. Had to shut it down via Program Manager once when the game hung up but that was the only problem I've had in 60 hours.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So how do you guys get an access to the advanced classes? It’s day 250 for me and I haven’t seen any of them yet.

Saduj

Arcane
So how do you guys get an access to the advanced classes? It’s day 250 for me and I haven’t seen any of them yet.

They come up infrequently as mission rewards. I don't think I saw any until was about as far into the game as you are now. I only had opportunities to recruit 2 Paladins, 1 Librarian, 1 Purifier and 1 Chaplain the whole time I played. The Chaplain didn't come up until I was about to start the end game so I never got one. I didn't like the way the Purifier was set up and ended up sending him back to Titan without using him. The Paladin was low level and I only used him a couple of times. I liked the Librarian and would mix him in sometimes.

Not sure if you can also get them via the recruiting screen, I never saw anything but basic classes there.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
You need to complete the craft world mission first.
Then, between the next Grandmaster report and the one after, you will be proposed one of the 4 advanced classes during an event.
Afterwards, you will be proposed advanced classes as mission rewards. You can see the class before playing the mission, as with all rewards (you see the item category and level on the mission info screen), so you can prioritize the missions that reward you with the classes you want.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You need to complete the craft world mission first.
Then, between the next Grandmaster report and the one after, you will be proposed one of the 4 advanced classes during an event.
Afterwards, you will be proposed advanced classes as mission rewards. You can see the class before playing the mission, as with all rewards (you see the item category and level on the mission info screen), so you can prioritize the missions that reward you with the classes you want.
Yes, I got my first librarian, and I sent my apothekary to a quest to become a paladin. Honestly it’s a very nice way to introduce such stuff. Overall this game has a very good mix of mechanics that keep both strategic and tactical levels fresh and engaging throughout the gameplay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom