Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters - Grey Knights turn-based tactical RPG

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Lol GW is trying to keep their games as PG-13 as possible. The God of depraved/degenerate pleasure is a tall order when you can't even include naked tits in your game.

It's perfectly alright to have cartoon characters for 5yo children ripping each other apart with chainsaws and to drown the screen in blood but showing tits is a major offense...

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
However, I never really understood how Slaanesh followers were finding his creatures appealing. I may be in the minority, but being ripped apart by a clawed monster is not something I am longing for.

So the problem with having a degenerate sex god when you can't depict graphic carnal acts is that... you can't have a sex god.

That's why instead of succubae and sex marines, we have the ugly-as-shit daemonettes and noise marines.

Also, let's face it, depicting [insert disgusting fetish here] cults is gonna get you banned from just about everything. So GW does what it does best, just hint vaguely at it.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
However, I never really understood how Slaanesh followers were finding his creatures appealing. I may be in the minority, but being ripped apart by a clawed monster is not something I am longing for.

nurgle = boring
still better than Khorne on that regard

Not really nurgle is more popular both in video games and tabletop still I wish they would use Tzeentch and Slanesh more instead pretending that they don't exist.
07412476b40b2ba913948e656642c6fc.jpg

Lol GW is trying to keep their games as PG-13 as possible. The God of depraved/degenerate pleasure is a tall order when you can't even include naked tits in your game.

The whole thing is that the Slaanesh monsters are hideous and no one would find them attractive - except they have magic powers to make their victims (including Slaanesh cultists) enthralled and see them as beautiful. The Slaanesh followers are basically being cheated, like all other Chaos worshipers (ie Nurgle promises immunity to suffering, but the price is that you turn into a walking sack of puss, Slaanesh promises boudless bliss, but it comes from consorting with monsters that would make a normal person throw up etc).

Sunri

Liturgist

nurgle = boring

Not really nurgle is more popular both in video games and tabletop still I wish they would use Tzeentch and Slanesh more instead pretending that they don't exist.

It doesn't matter if you like how they look they have some simp aura in the novel empire/kislev (fantasy WH) soldiers were enchanted and throwed themselves at the daemonettes.

Legends tell of Templars of Ulric, zealous men who vowed before the Flame of their god to bring down Azazel or to die trying. Before they could land one blow on Slaanesh's daemonic general, they had been reduced to gibbering imbeciles, slaves to the slightest whim of Azazel and his master. Another tale tells of a Questing Knight called Guido de Brionne who kneeled before the Daemon Prince before he could issue his challenge and had his head cut off while not moving an inch, utterly convinced of the justification of the act.[

Anyway i would fuck crab pussy.

37c4e29bb6096e07db054f062ed3c00b.jpg

1cd11eee942e9215377f505dc4fd7435.jpg
\
0f237101623b8f9167640eb06848c448.jpg

vgwbywnyeox71.png

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
nurgle = boring

yeah, at least for TW:W3 all the chaos gods are here, though so far the rosters for each god shown so far (Khorne and Tzeench) seem lackluster

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
nurgle = boring

yeah, at least for TW:W3 all the chaos gods are here, though so far the rosters for each god shown so far (Khorne and Tzeench) seem lackluster

Still, props for attempting to balance all those factions in both multiplayer and campaign, and staying relatively lore accurate.

Total Warhammer is probably the best treatment of a GW product since OG Dawn of War.

Sunri

Liturgist
nurgle = boring

Still, props for attempting to balance all those factions in both multiplayer and campaign, and staying relatively lore accurate.

Total Warhammer is probably the best treatment of a GW product since OG Dawn of War.

To be honest game is balanced around dlc try playing basic skavens lol

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Yea they look really bad but to be honest if you don't play space marine or aos most GW models look like shit

I haven't kept in touch with tabletop, do people not play eldar at all? They haven't gotten an army update since like, what, the 90s?

To be honest game is balanced around dlc try playing basic skavens lol

Oh, the game's not even remotely balanced, I just applaud them for trying. Mostly I wonder if Creative Assembly will just bite the bullet and make Total War 40k like everyone wants.

The problem is that they'll probably need a completely different engine.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Half of these enemy abilities seem to be defensive.

So I know Nurglites/Death Guard have a reputation for being annoying to fight on tabletop because they're hard to kill. Hopefully I hope this doesn't transfer over to the game, because whittling down giant HP ballsacks is the exact opposite of fun.

automatic hit

"muh no RNG" bullshit...morons and simpletons always thinks removing RNG means you make a game 'more strategic' when in reality you remove a lot of actual strategy, fog of war and tension. It just sucks but whiny bitches cry a lot about RNG and so companies remove them or perhaps younger generation are just more inclined to think its good game design...

dipshits cry about 'how could I miss when he was just standing still! right in front of me?!' because they don't understand what Turn-based combat is representing. Its not representing people standing still waiting and taking turns whacking at each other...

Harthwain

Magister
Between determinism and RNG there is another option - the mix of the two.

Unity of Command is an example of such approach. The result of combat is largely determined by things you control (what units you use, on what terrain, against what enemy units you are attacking, on what terrain, etc.), but some RNG is involved on top of all that to modify the final result (both positively and negatively). As such while strategy remains vital, at the same time results are not binary, which I find more interesting to deal with than the usual binary outcome.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The low poly mobile game look is the least fitting aesthetic for 40k. The more and more I see of the game, the less I want it. I'd rather have 2D sprites.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dev Diary #2:

https://www.frontier.co.uk/news/pre...00-chaos-gate-daemonhunters-developer-diary-2

Cambridge, UK – 25 NOVEMBER 2021. Frontier Foundry, the games label of Frontier Developments plc (AIM: FDEV, ‘Frontier’), today unveiled the second developer diary for the upcoming turn-based tactical RPG Warhammer 40,000®: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters, in partnership with developers Complex Games and Warhammer 40,000 creator Games Workshop®.

Players are once again greeted by Complex Games’ Creative Director Noah Decter-Jackson and Lead Designer Peter Schnabl. They are joined by Senior Programmer David Reimer to introduce the campaign’s main antagonists and how players will battle against the Bloom itself across individual missions and the entire sector.

In the second of a three-part video series, “Episode 2 – Seeding the Bloom” takes an in-depth look at the Bloom and how it mutates the forces of Nurgle, challenging players to evolve their strategies throughout the game. When a planet is infected, unpredictable warp surges can occur during missions, summoning enemy reinforcements or strengthening their abilities. Not only do enemies evolve throughout the campaign, but so does the Bloom itself, with a variety of ‘strains’ which further increase the danger of combat missions the longer the plague is left to corrupt a planet.

Iconic Black Library author Aaron Dembski-Bowden also joins the developers to provide additional insight into Nurgle, his minions and the fearsome Death Guard. The developer diary concludes with the introduction of a familiar face as the driving force behind the Bloom, the Prince of Decay and Primarch of the Death Guard, Mortarion. As well as the Pale King, the Complex Games team preview the unique challenges posed by each of the game’s boss encounters; towering Greater Daemons and cunning Daemon Princes which must be overcome in their own domain, between Realspace and the Warp.

For fans of the tabletop Warhammer 40,000 experience, this episode of Beyond the Gate features an in-depth look into the influence of lore on Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, bringing the grim darkness of the far future to life through armaments and abilities. Aaron also explores the process of bringing his narrative talents to video games, including an introduction to the Bloom and what makes this plague unique amongst Nurgle’s previous ‘gifts’.

As the forces of Chaos spill from the gate, the galaxy awaits the arrival of the Grey Knights to cleanse the corruption in the final part of the developer diary series, as well as further news updates on Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters in 2022.

Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters will release on PC in 2022 on Steam and the Epic Games Store, published by Frontier Foundry, and is available to wishlist now.

Follow the game on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. Visit the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters official website at www.chaosgate.com.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why so much negativity? He just likes posting news, is all. The more 40K posts there are on the Codex the better this forum will become, so the news posting serves a higher purpose in this case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom