Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters - Grey Knights turn-based tactical RPG

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Infinitron, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Darth Canoli Arcane

Darth Canoli
    It's perfectly alright to have cartoon characters for 5yo children ripping each other apart with chainsaws and to drown the screen in blood but showing tits is a major offense...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    So the problem with having a degenerate sex god when you can't depict graphic carnal acts is that... you can't have a sex god.

That's why instead of succubae and sex marines, we have the ugly-as-shit daemonettes and noise marines.

Also, let's face it, depicting [insert disgusting fetish here] cults is gonna get you banned from just about everything. So GW does what it does best, just hint vaguely at it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  3. Parsimonious cook Prophet Patron

Parsimonious cook
    Strap Yourselves In
    The whole thing is that the Slaanesh monsters are hideous and no one would find them attractive - except they have magic powers to make their victims (including Slaanesh cultists) enthralled and see them as beautiful. The Slaanesh followers are basically being cheated, like all other Chaos worshipers (ie Nurgle promises immunity to suffering, but the price is that you turn into a walking sack of puss, Slaanesh promises boudless bliss, but it comes from consorting with monsters that would make a normal person throw up etc).

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    It doesn't matter if you like how they look they have some simp aura in the novel empire/kislev (fantasy WH) soldiers were enchanted and throwed themselves at the daemonettes.

Show Spoiler
    Legends tell of Templars of Ulric, zealous men who vowed before the Flame of their god to bring down Azazel or to die trying. Before they could land one blow on Slaanesh's daemonic general, they had been reduced to gibbering imbeciles, slaves to the slightest whim of Azazel and his master. Another tale tells of a Questing Knight called Guido de Brionne who kneeled before the Daemon Prince before he could issue his challenge and had his head cut off while not moving an inch, utterly convinced of the justification of the act.[

Anyway i would fuck crab pussy.

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]\
    [​IMG]

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    New daemonette models don't even have tiddies anymore.

[​IMG]

• decline decline x 9
    ^ Top  
  6. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    Yea they look really bad but to be honest if you don't play space marine or aos most GW models look like shit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. baud Arcane Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    yeah, at least for TW:W3 all the chaos gods are here, though so far the rosters for each god shown so far (Khorne and Tzeench) seem lackluster

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Still, props for attempting to balance all those factions in both multiplayer and campaign, and staying relatively lore accurate.

Total Warhammer is probably the best treatment of a GW product since OG Dawn of War.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Sunri Savant

Sunri
    To be honest game is balanced around dlc try playing basic skavens lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    I haven't kept in touch with tabletop, do people not play eldar at all? They haven't gotten an army update since like, what, the 90s?

Oh, the game's not even remotely balanced, I just applaud them for trying. Mostly I wonder if Creative Assembly will just bite the bullet and make Total War 40k like everyone wants.

The problem is that they'll probably need a completely different engine.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Half of these enemy abilities seem to be defensive.

So I know Nurglites/Death Guard have a reputation for being annoying to fight on tabletop because they're hard to kill. Hopefully I hope this doesn't transfer over to the game, because whittling down giant HP ballsacks is the exact opposite of fun.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. cyborgboy95 Prestigious Gentleman News Cyborg

cyborgboy95

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    These videos are pointless filler that tell you nothing about the actual game.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Peachcurl Arbiter

Peachcurl
    At least the videos seem to be produced by the game engine, rather than pointless CGI and concept art tweets.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    automatic hit

"muh no RNG" bullshit...morons and simpletons always thinks removing RNG means you make a game 'more strategic' when in reality you remove a lot of actual strategy, fog of war and tension. It just sucks but whiny bitches cry a lot about RNG and so companies remove them or perhaps younger generation are just more inclined to think its good game design...

dipshits cry about 'how could I miss when he was just standing still! right in front of me?!' because they don't understand what Turn-based combat is representing. Its not representing people standing still waiting and taking turns whacking at each other...

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Harthwain Magister

Harthwain
    Between determinism and RNG there is another option - the mix of the two.

Unity of Command is an example of such approach. The result of combat is largely determined by things you control (what units you use, on what terrain, against what enemy units you are attacking, on what terrain, etc.), but some RNG is involved on top of all that to modify the final result (both positively and negatively). As such while strategy remains vital, at the same time results are not binary, which I find more interesting to deal with than the usual binary outcome.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    The low poly mobile game look is the least fitting aesthetic for 40k. The more and more I see of the game, the less I want it. I'd rather have 2D sprites.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Dev Diary #2:

https://www.frontier.co.uk/news/pre...00-chaos-gate-daemonhunters-developer-diary-2

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • meh meh x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Fedora Master Arcane Patron Edgy

Fedora Master
    So what did they offer you for being their shillpig? Do you even like Warhammer?

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Parsimonious cook Prophet Patron

Parsimonious cook
    Strap Yourselves In
    Why so much negativity? He just likes posting news, is all. The more 40K posts there are on the Codex the better this forum will become, so the news posting serves a higher purpose in this case.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • No No x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.