Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://neocoregames.com/en/games/warhammer-40k-inquisitor-martyr

It seems that the hungarian developers of the Van Helsing and the King Arthur series are working on some kind of Warhammer 40K game. They are hiring a WH40K asset manager for a "unannonced WH40K game". His/her job would be to gather source material from the license owner, and presenting it to the developers, helping their job.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eyeball

Arcane
I really don't get it. Games Workshop has so many valuable IPs, but they just keep whoring them out to these worthless Eastern European devs who proceed to make shitty games. Don't they realise they're making the public profoundly fed up with their vidyashit?

I'm sure some moe talented studios would love to work with the Warhammer 40.0000 franchise....'cept they might actually expect to get PAID for the privilege!

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I really don't get it. Games Workshop has so many valuable IPs, but they just keep whoring them out to these worthless Eastern European devs who proceed to make shitty games. Don't they realise they're making the public profoundly fed up with their vidyashit?

I'm sure some moe talented studios would love to work with the Warhammer 40.0000 franchise....'cept they might actually expect to get PAID for the privilege!

While I wouldnt call games like King Arthur or The Kings' Crusade a masterpieces they were still good games, especially King Arthur which I enjoyed very much. Seeing how their games have similarities with old Warhammer games like SotHR and Dark Omen they seem like the most logical choice for creating successor to them.

Unwanted
Douchebag! Shitposter
So they think they can compete with CA's fantasy Total War with their own 40K King Arthur?

Hungarian studios really are the failboat that keeps on sinking.

A horse of course

Because people claimed that GW were being stingy with their IPs after Dawn of War. Still, I think people were hoping for small-scale, logical partnerships, rather than throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks (Lane strategy, Chess, f2p RTS etc.)

Nalenth

Novice
What's your problem with Eastern European devs? They are all the same as other devs. And i'm actually thinking Neocore Games making good games. I'm certain they will make a good Warhammer 40k game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/15/new-warhammer-40000-action-rpg-announced

NEW WARHAMMER 40,000 ACTION-RPG ANNOUNCED
Coming to PC and consoles next year.

Budapest-based developer NeocoreGames has announced Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr; an action-RPG it’s building in collaboration with Warhammer 40,000 creator Games Workshop.

NeocoreGames describes Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr as a “persistent sandbox action-RPG” and explains that the single-player campaign will thrust players “into a grim and secret war among the stars as the agents of the ever-vigilant Inquisition.” NeocoreGames also promises that, after the campaign concludes, the story will continue “in a colossal sandbox game” that the developer claims will give players “years of constant entertainment, gradual development and a continuous flow of content that enriches the action-RPG gameplay.”

“There’s a reason why we chose the world of Warhammer 40,000: it’s intense, brutal, visceral – a perfect material for an action RPG,” said producer Zoltán Pozsonyi in a statement. “Working with Games Workshop, we’re doing our best to bring a high quality game to the community. We’re huge fans as well, so we care deeply about this game.”

Hungarian studio NeocoreGames, founded in 2005, has developed several other RPGs, including King Arthur and The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

The announcement itself doesn’t linger on any real specifics so we don’t know a great deal else about Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr at this stage. It’s due out in 2016 for PC, Mac, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

gestalt11

Arbiter

20 years ago they found one in particular which would have made them win an absurd amount of money. They managed to fuck up their own deal before release and Blizzard went on to make billions with their swiftly renamed IP.

Well they probably weren't expecting to have their IP essentially stolen and have an army of fanboys pretend Blizzard was like original or something. Blizzard are some the biggest creative hacks around. Warcraft is one of the most blatant ripoffs in gaming history IMO. But certainly in hindsight GW fucked up big.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
GW have Dark Heresy. Here! Ready set of rules, items and shit. Make all turn-based RPGs you want. No! I don't want to make a turn-based RPG, I want to smear myself in shit and pump a diablo shovelware.

gestalt11

Arbiter
What's your problem with Eastern European devs? They are all the same as other devs. And i'm actually thinking Neocore Games making good games. I'm certain they will make a good Warhammer 40k game.

As a professional developer it amuses me when people from a nationality such as the USA (and I was born and live in the USA) talk shit about eastern europeans when the USA produces jack shit in number for software developers and I often work tons of eastern europeans. When I was at grad school the supposedly "high quality" nationalities were outnumbered 10 to 1 by the supposedly bad nationalities. Some of those tried to stay in the USA and get jobs at big or prestigous companies of course, but a number had to go home either because of their governments or families.

I see it all the time when some guy is like "Them thar Murican companies like Google or Amazon are just way better than some crap indian or russian outfit" and I am thinking "Um do you have any idea who actually works at those companies cuz its almost certainly not a majority of <fill in the cool kids nationality here>?"

Maschtervoz

Learned
This constant stream of hideous 40k shovelware is slowly killing me. I don't even want a proper Dark Heresy cRPG anymore, I just want the pain to end.

:negative::negative::negative:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Space Marine was damn good in small doses, ere you don't think Titus has become an Inquisitor do you, hence this shit?

Still it's about time we had an RPG, I vote for Genestealer infestation investigated by an Inquisitor and his coterie, with maybe a Deathwatch Killteam called in if needed at the end.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
They don't actually use mail do they, mind you ceramite or armaplas fist just doesn't sound as good does it?

It's Grey Knights speak.

The trailer text quite reminded me of this (more awesome trailer):

Also could the PR agencies please remove "visceral" from their "words which have to be in every press release" list?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom