Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
So, is it worth it for 25 buckaroos? What's with the all the micro DLC?

I dont know, I just bought it..going to find out I guess

or play for 2 hours and refund.

honestly the only other ARPG I have ever really liked was Grimdawn, so I am giving it a 40% chance I will like it based on a wild guess... Most ARPG I don't actually like. I refund or stop playing most of them.

ADL

Prophet
Been playing for about three and a half hours and I haven't really gotten to the point where I can fuck around with builds but it's fun and the production value justifies the $25. I had a timer set for 1hr55minutes just to have the ability to refund and I didn't hesitate in keep playing when I'm usually pretty cautious about exceeding the refund window for what it's worth.

Also I found out that you can earn the DLCs through gameplay and it seems to be pretty easy to get a DLC's worth of currency a week as long as you play

Been playing for about three and a half hours and I haven't really gotten to the point where I can fuck around with builds but it's fun and the production value justifies the $25. I had a timer set for 1hr55minutes just to have the ability to refund and I didn't hesitate in keep playing when I'm usually pretty cautious about exceeding the refund window for what it's worth.

Also I found out that you can earn the DLCs through gameplay and it seems to be pretty easy to get a DLC's worth of currency a week as long as you play

thats good to hear. I may keep it for the same reason then. If they do a good enough job on the story and the peripherals it may be enough to keep me from refunding even if I don't totally love the game. But maybe I will like the game too. Who knows. its downloading now...

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I enjoyed the story. Though this is my first introduction to the Warhammer 40k universe, so a lot of it was probably just from fascination with learning about this universe. Reading the flavor text for the different planets and star systems was interesting as it gives a feeling of just how fucked up this universe is. You also get the chance to drive a tank and the Warhammer 40k equivalent of a Battlemech which is a blast. Also, past the halfway point of the main campaign you get to make some choices that affect how the rest of the main campaign plays out.

I strongly recommend playing a melee build and maxing out the movement skill tree when you unlock it. It really speeds things up and is a lot of fun.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant

This trailer details some of the changes. There is also a link to the patch notes in the trailer description which is quite extensive.

frajaq

Erudite
How is the performance for this? Kinda wanna get this because of sale but worried my toaster cant handle it

ADL

Prophet
How is the performance for this? Kinda wanna get this because of sale but worried my toaster cant handle it
It ran perfectly for me as soon as I enabled syncing my GPU to CPU performance. I was getting some stutter before I turned that option on. I'm on a really high-end system though so that doesn't answer your question. I definitely feel it's optimized though fwiw.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Bought the game mainly because of the patch. It is out for some time. There are some new bugs (I have problems with my thunderhammer) but overall it feels like a better game. The combat feels more chunky, some good hard hits and isn't as janky as it was before. I don't know about the psyker and assassin but the crusader feels like a walking monster. Can't wait for Tyranids and Eldar from the expansion. I want to clobber Avatars of Khaine and Hive Tyrants.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I played for exactly 2 hours and found it to be clunky and boring (still).
If it wasn't always online and thus easily crackable they'd have even less success. Kind of like Elite Dangerous.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ordered this thanks for sale if my toaster will try to melt-down will hit refund button hope this game is not some nue WH gayotic heresy.

So how was the performance on your toaster comrade?

Its only melts my processor on most hot days Comrade, I got my fun for zion bux payed but run onto the mission impossible to finish on my build and since I am not interested in MP doing the side missions and such instead. Game is fun and worth 25 shekels but the only online crap and being balanced to play it with Nigger Wytch and wombyn assassin leaves somehow sour taste I did not remember single mission in Grim Dawn/Titan Quest which was so trololo like slugging down the corridor for ten minutes only to be left with one tarantula to defend tech priest fag against 3 sides assault with 5 waves of enemies both charging and having long range cover ignoring weapons, impossible for my power sword and storm shield crusader to beat cause you either run out of focus middle of wave, got stun locked by hordes of enemies and die or game crashes or bugs if you complete it thanks to only on-line... oh and no saving during missions not even checkpoints so if your charge dies you need to do the 10 minutes slug first then only try again would hit refund if this was first mission in campaign cause its borderline trolling from developers. Would not advice to buy it unless you either have someone to help you out during this and Chapter five mission or huge WH40K fan cause GD or even TQ are far better game for single player.

Last edited:

frajaq

Erudite
Ordered this thanks for sale if my toaster will try to melt-down will hit refund button hope this game is not some nue WH gayotic heresy.

Its only melts my processor on most hot days Comrade, I got my fun for zion bux payed but run onto the mission impossible to finish on my build and since I am not interested in MP doing the side missions and such instead. Game is fun and worth 25 shekels but the only online crap and being balanced to play it with Nigger Wytch and wombyn assassin leaves somehow sour taste I did not remember single mission in Grim Dawn/Titan Quest which was so trololo like slugging down the corridor for ten minutes only to be left with one tarantula to defend tech priest fag against 3 sides assault with 5 waves of enemies both charging and having long range cover ignoring weapons, impossible for my power sword and storm shield crusader to beat cause you either run out of focus middle of wave, got stun locked by hordes of enemies and die or game crashes or bugs if you complete it thanks to only on-line... oh and no saving during missions not even checkpoints so if your charge dies you need to do the 10 minutes slug first then only try again would hit refund if this was first mission in campaign cause its borderline trolling from developers. Would not advice to buy it unless you either have someone to help you out during this and Chapter five mission or huge WH40K fan cause GD or even TQ are far better game for single player.

I tried the game out and I have a "solution" that also exemplifies a big balance problem with this game: The Grav Gun, an absolutely busted OP weapon that will make any other fucking weapon you find basically a joke

I reached the mission you mentioned with the tech-priest wave defense and I'm pretty sure if I didn't have that weapon it would be near impossible to solo it, it's so fucking stupid and it makes me sad because the supporting systems this game has (Perks/Passive Trees/Attributes/Crafting) are actually decent

I'm still enjoying myself but learning the story and doing the missions but man the devs need to take a look at some of their campaign missions and enemy HP/damage values

This is definetly one of those "wait for sale" games that I'm glad I correctly waited for one before trying it out

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

I tried the game out and I have a "solution" that also exemplifies a big balance problem with this game: The Grav Gun, an absolutely busted OP weapon that will make any other fucking weapon you find basically a joke

I reached the mission you mentioned with the tech-priest wave defense and I'm pretty sure if I didn't have that weapon it would be near impossible to solo it, it's so fucking stupid and it makes me sad because the supporting systems this game has (Perks/Passive Trees/Attributes/Crafting) are actually decent

I'm still enjoying myself but learning the story and doing the missions but man the devs need to take a look at some of their campaign missions and enemy HP/damage values

This is definetly one of those "wait for sale" games that I'm glad I correctly waited for one before trying it out

Yes I got help from Russian Comrade it was easy when he guarded one side with his 65 level assassin and I stomped the mobs on the opposite side with my 33 level assault Crusader. Got onto another defense mission but this one was cake walk with only two roads to get onto the generator and soldiers who helped a lot dieing... actually they did quite well in one ramp when i stomped the wave coming from other side. But this mission is just atrocious them mobs can charge from all direction and ignore the only cover the Priest has if wave is huge you have trouble to stay alive not only protecting him and played it on normal and then story line difficulty while normally now I play on hard finally getting decent gear and build. Why not they patch it to bring some turrets, get some cover for priest or six stormtroopers to help? Would never be able to complete this mission alone on my build.
Those new Chaos and Dark Eldar investigations are fun so yes game is worth buying while on sale 50% off Also grab the DLC with Item shop and the one in which you can farm the mobs for epic gear Comrade. Grav Gun is nice and fine but I don't like those new Addons to WH40K and would prefer to play with heavy bolter/Flamer/Melta holy trinity instead. The Morality system adds to the depth of game I went of course full puritan with my Crusader if i ever will play as Psyker will go radical to only see what consequences of my choices will be.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Patron
Got onto the 64 level and completed Campaign with another defense mission in chapter 5 forcing me to re-roll my char to use grav gun cheese:

lGEktCf.jpg

Got finally all relic gear must say this power-armor looks much more like Ignis than those space marine like suits from lower sets, game was defiantly worth buying for 25 shekels hope that they will continue to add the content though.

frajaq

Erudite
Is this worth playing?

It's been on my wishlist for ages

buy it on sale if you genuinely enjoy ARPGs, if you're a 40k fan (I assume yes because of profile pic) you will enjoy it

this isn't one of those games where Games Workship just handed the IP to some random ass dev that doesn't know the lore about it, but it's still lackluster in places where I simply couldn't recommend buying it at full price

do mind that there is a relevant expansion coming with playable Techpriest-ty character very soon

frajaq

Erudite
Warhammer Martyr - Prophecy standalone "expansion" is out today

apperently if you have the base game you get a discount on it on Steam

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom