Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
DLCs are only cosmetics and/or short prority missions (mini campaigns) bought couple of them when they were on last sale too support the devs but since they are not needed in any way to actually play and enjoy the game I cant see how they are retarded. Its not like Neocore butchered the game and sold parts of it as DLCs. And its doesn't play at all as diablo there its much more tactical game which reminds me of Dawn of War II. (Although its not squad based). Anyways tried to play as another tech adept and all of them except Dominus suck you got melee fighter witch sucks compared to Crusader and Ranged guy who sucks when compared to Assasin Sniper and Tactical Marine. Guess will see consequences of going librul radical on Joo tube. Dominus on other hand is fun it plays close to table top and seting up those Mechas to stomp tech heretics for you is fun.

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just completed the Prophecy those two chapters are nicely done conclusion to story line and since I gave up and embraced the Grav Gun cheese quick to play with no frustrating parts (Played On Hard). 71 levels on my Crusaders I think I will wait for next update to play it too Comrades as Admech Inquisitor is meh pun intended, and void crusade are good for autistic types who need to have their perfect build. There are no new robots or weapons to play with anyway and sector was saved. Emperor Protects!

:hero:

Codex Year of the Donut
Just realized the devs of the Van Helsing games made this.
Disappointed there was no companion like Van Helsing's Lady Katarina, it was one of the highlights of the game.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Your retinue are your companions Comrade and yes going to play Van Helsing next if Planetfall will prove to be meh. I think problem with this game aside from bugs was that it was intended by Devs as Co-op Game while most people I met prefer to play it alone. This always on-line is super annoying too still sunk 170 hours of my life in this game and not regret it. You don't have that much ARPGS or decent WH40K games after all.

Codex Year of the Donut
Your retinue are your companions Comrade and yes going to play Van Helsing next if Planetfall will prove to be meh.
eh, not quite the same.
Lady Katarina is a combat companion that's always with you with her own unique skill tree/inventory/etc., Has pretty good AI, banters with you a ton. You can even send her back to town with stuff to sell to offload your inventory quickly.

Would have been nice if the space marine guy(forgot his name) could join you in combat

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
They've improved some things (pacing of progression and gameplay) but left the core elements of an ARPG a wasteland of disappointment and frustration (itemization, character progression, skills).

Sadly, this is non-salvageable. If you need your ARPG fix, Grim Dawn remains the go-to, and perhaps will for the next few years.

Wolcen, maybe, with another four or five years of development...

Commissar Draco

Patron
Yes Grim Dawn has all those unique higher tiers items and sets of armors which really define the class or classes you pick, I guess I am too big sucker for WH40K to not play it now when the game play got improved and most of bugs got squished out and game was offered on sale. Grim Dawn has its second Millennia look and feel really would prefer the GWS to progress setting to XIX century and steam punk meeting cosmic horrors but instead we got Age of Sigmar aka spaceh Marines in Heaven shtick. :decline:

Codex Year of the Donut
They've improved some things (pacing of progression and gameplay) but left the core elements of an ARPG a wasteland of disappointment and frustration (itemization, character progression, skills).

Sadly, this is non-salvageable. If you need your ARPG fix, Grim Dawn remains the go-to, and perhaps will for the next few years.

Wolcen, maybe, with another four or five years of development...
The only real reason to play the game is because it's WH40k themed.
Their Van Helsing games were way better IMO.

Lone Wolf

Arcane
Vatnik
Van Helsing was pretty good. Not amazing, but good. Again, the studio's weakness seems to be ARPG systems. Even VH - which had humour, atmosphere and character - just doesn't do itemization or progression well. Combat is so floaty (much like I:M) and skills just aren't snappy and responsive enough.

In D2, Titan Quest and GD, from level 1 to level 100 the combat is meaty and impactful. For example, you can really feel each thwack with your weapon in D2 once you leave the Rogue Camp. VH/I:M your weapons just pass through and either gib the enemy or cause some numbers to pop off. No sense of impact. Bleh.

Codex Year of the Donut
Agreed, they aren't quite the same type of games as D2/Path of Exile. I'd put Van Helsing as closer to D1 in that it has a heavier focus on atmosphere, characters & story while less so on loot and combat.

I was never really a fan of D2 so this doesn't bother me :M

Renevent

Cipher
Yeah, got to level 60-something and there's really nothing to grind for. Not a single orange/red item I've seen has anything even remotely approaching interesting on them stat/build wise. For $20 I spent on it was fun enough while it lasted, but even with the cool setting/pet class the end game completely falls flat on it's face for a Diablo-style ARPG. That, and there's STILL a ton of bugs and poorly thought out design choices.

For instance, there's a class of red items that for each stat you have do mini-missions (kill x of y, complete x missions without y, etc) which is a cool idea. The problem? You don't get any credit for your robot's kills. Good luck killing villain level enemies without your robot's help much less normal enemies.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Many players complained that all weapons except from grav gun are useless so developers buffed up couple off them including my personal favorite in WH40K setting the heavy bolter here is readme for 30 January patch:

New features

New event: Hidden Foes

Enemies of the Imperium have established many hideouts across the subsector in an attempt to avoid righteous prosecution. A special purpose intelligence unit has gathered significant data on these cowardly scum.They shall not avoid their just punishment much longer.
The relevant information shall now be disseminated through secure channels to all Throne Agents. The Conclave expects every opportunity to eradicate the hiding vermin be taken.

Hidden rooms on interior maps will appear far more often than usual. Find as many as you can and eliminate enemies found in them. Event rewards at the end are based on the number of hidden rooms cleared.

Ecru Void Crusade

Gather 5 Ecru Shards to open the brand new Ecru Crusade and complete its challenging missions to receive epic rewards! Fight and defeat the Alpha Legion, Tyranids, and the Aeldari to collect your righteous bounty.
  • 25 new missions available
  • Enemy factions in the Ecru Void Crusade: Alpha Legion, Aeldari, Tyranid, Nurgle

Cortex Fragments

From now on Cortex Fragments can be looted from Villains, Elites, and Commanders. After collecting 100 of them you can exchange them for Favour at Custodian Rebus. The maximum amount of fragments you can gather is 200 per week. Favour then can be exchanged for valuable items at Custodian Rebus’s store.

Added a new Aura and Footprint effect to Custodian Rebus's store.
  • Custodian Rebus is only available from Friday through Sunday at the Ormeus System

Fixed Bugs

• Several crash fixes and stability improvements
  • Fixed the Ordo stores' reset time. They will reset on a daily basis from now on
  • Fixed the 'Consume resource' enchant unlock requirement which could prevent players from getting into a coop mission and from now on it will count the Warp Heat reduce in case the item will be equipped by a Psyker
  • Fixed the Only War achievement which could be unlocked even below Level 50
  • Fixed an issue in an Ebony Void Crusade mission where if the Survivor died on the way to the terminal, the panel could not be interacted with
  • Corrected the displayed number of Intels in Void Crusade
  • Reduced the size of the Kill Streak, Massacre etc. buffs
  • An enchant providing damage bonus for the Suppression Shield's Block skill can no longer roll onto such items
  • Reduced the speed of the Wandering Servoskull in Void Crusade

Balance

• Drastically increased the damage of Shock Traps
  • Tweaked monster settings for Void Crusade map to better suit indoors type missions
  • All DoT base duration values reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds
  • All DoT base damage values increased roughly by 200%
  • Demolition armor’s “Cyclone missile launcher” cooldown decreased from 60 seconds to 5 seconds
  • The Unbreakable Effect now restores 3% HP/sec from 10 HP/sec as well as instead of 10 Suppression/sec it restores 3% Suppression/sec now
  • The Remote mine now places 3 mines simultaneously that can be detonated one by one, its damage increased from 5.0/piece to 8.0 and received a Critical Strike tag as well
  • The Stun mine now places 10 mines, it properly deals massive Suppression damage and its cooldown was increased to 15 seconds

Ranged weapons

Heavy Bolter
  • The Spin up salvo skill was renamed to Full Auto and the spin up was removed. The skill now fires every 0.125 sec instead of 0.3 sec, received a Traumatize tag, its damage and spread was slightly reduced and its cooldown values adjusted to 0.5 sec to provide a comparable DPS
  • The Concentrated salvo skill’s fire rate was increased from 0.3 sec/shot to 0.225 sec/shot, its spread reduced from 12° to 5° and its cooldown values were adjusted to 0.5 sec
  • The Disengage skill’s spread was increased from 12° to 16°, its fire rate was increased from 0.3 sec/shot to 0.15 sec/shot. The skill’s damage was increased 0.75 to 0.8 and its cooldown is 14 seconds now
  • The Hellstorm skill’s spread area got reduced to a 2.5 meter radius from 3.0 meter, its cooldown values adjusted to 0.5 sec to provide a comparable DPS as well as its spread angle got reduced from 8° to 5°. The skill’s damage was increased from 0.86 to 1.4, received a spin up and Knockdown, Knockback and Weak vs Armored tags. Its explosion radius reduced from 2 meters to 1.5 meters and its cooldown is 10 seconds now

Multi-Melta
  • The charge-up time of the Melta Blast and the Overcharged Shot skills were halved (from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds)

Shotgun
  • The Single Shot’s Weak vs Armored tag was removed and its damage multiplier was increased from 1.0 to 1.3
  • The Flechette Rounds’ maximum damage was reduced to 200% from 300%, its cooldown was decreased from 5 sec to 2.5 sec and its charge-up also reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds
  • The Short Burst received an Assault tag while its Giant Killer tag was removed. Its cooldown was reduced to 3 sec from 10 sec and its damage multiplier was slightly increased. While firing the player moves forward
  • The Manstopper Round received a Physical Vulnerability tag and its cooldown was reduced from 3 seconds to 1.75 seconds

Lasgun
  • The Single Shot received a Heat Vulnerability tag, its damage multiplier changed from 0.92 to 0.82 and it now pierces through multiple enemies
  • The Short Burst received a Fleshbane tag, its cooldown was reduced to 1 second from 2 seconds, its damage multiplier changed from 0.84 to 1.0 and it fires 4 shots instead of 3 now
  • The Aimed Shot skill’s damage multiplier changed from 2.2 to 2.9
  • The Hotshot's damage multiplier was increased from 1.0 to 1.5, its range increased from 28 meters to 40 meters and the player keeps moving backward while firing

Plasma Gun
  • The Single Shot’s damage multiplier increased from 0.85 to 1.0 and received a Fleshbane tag
  • The Short Burst skill’s overheat value reduced to 0.5/projectile from 2/projectile and the time between the projectiles got reduced from 0.4 sec to 0.2 sec
  • The Focused Bolt received a Piercing tag and its damage multiplier reduced from 3 to 2
  • The Compressed Plasma's charge-up time reduced from 3 seconds to 2 seconds and its damage multiplier changed from 3.0 to 2.66

Grav-gun
  • The Single Shot’s damage multiplier was increased from 0.63 to 1.08, its animation speed increased from 0.5 to 0.3 second
  • The Temporal Anomaly received a Piercing tag, its cooldown was increased from 3 to 4 seconds and its damage multiplier increased from 2.0 to 2.2
  • The Gravity Surge received a High Suppression tag but the Stun and Slow tags were removed, its cooldown was adjusted to 0.5 sec and its damage multiplier was reduced from 1.0 to 0.66. The area of the secondary effect was reduced from 5 meters to 3 meters
  • The Gravity Implosion’s initial damage multiplier was reduced from 1.0 to 0.5, its overheat reduced from 5/shot to 4/shot and its overtime damage multiplier was increased from 0.2 to 0.475

Plasma Cannon
  • The Single Shot skill received a Heat Vulnerability, an Armor Breaking and a Breacher tag while its Demolisher tag was removed. Its animation speed was slightly increased and its damage multiplier was reduced from 1.65 to 1.4
  • The Overdrive Discharge’s base attack speed was increased from 0.5 sec/shot to 0.25 sec/shot, its damage multiplier increased from 0.85 to 1.2 and removed the spin up as well as the Armor Breaking tag
  • The Compressed Plasma’s chargeup time was reduced from 3 sec to 1.5 sec but its damage increase was kept
  • The Plasma Barrage’s number of projectiles was increased from 4 to 6 when fired

Grenade Launcher
  • The weapon’s reload time was increased from 1.5 sec to 2.5 sec
  • The Single Shot skill’s damage multiplier was increased from 1.0 to 1.35 and its cooldown was reduced from 0.9 sec to 0.65 sec
  • The Short Burst skill now fires every 0.2 seconds instead of 0.5 seconds and its spread was reduced from 4.5 meter radius to 4.0 meters
  • Proximity Mine now launches 5 mines instead of 1. The mines have a 1.5 sec arming time and do not explode on direct contact. The mines’ damage multiplier was reduced from 1.6 to 0.75 and its activation radius changed from 1.5 meters to 2.5 meters

Heavy Flamer
  • The Flame Cone received an Assault tag as well as a Flee tag (Flee causes enemies with red or no suppression to turn their back and run. It affects all enemy types) while its High Suppression tag was removed. It now causes Burning and while using it the player slowly moves forward
  • The Phosphorous Splash’s damage multiplier was increased from 1.2 to 1.5, received a High Suppression tag and the projectiles’ speed was doubled
  • The Scorched Earth received a High Suppression tag

Boltgun
  • The Single Shot’s damage multiplier was increased 0.95 to 1.4, its animation speed was also increased and adjusted the global cooldown value to 0.5 second
  • The Full Auto now fires every 0.2 second instead of 0.3 second and its damage multiplier was increased from 0.7 to 0.825
  • The Aimed Shot’s cooldown was decreased to 0.5 second, it received a Knockdown tag and adjusted the global cooldown to 0.5 second
  • The Frag Burst’s fire rate was greatly increased and its damage multiplier was increased from 0.85 to 1.36

Melta Gun
  • The Inferno Beam's rotation speed was decreased from 40°/sec to 5°/sec

Autogun
  • The Full Auto now fires every 0.08 second instead of 1 second and adjusted the global cooldown to 0.5 second
  • The Shoot and Retreat now fires every 0.06 second instead of 0.15 second, its spread increased from 10° to 15 ° and adjusted the global cooldown to 0.5 second. From now on both weapons use ammunition at the same rate and fires simultaneously

Autopistol
  • While using the Crippling Salvo, both weapons use ammunition at the same rate and fires simultaneously
  • The Shoot and Retreat skill’s cooldown was increased from 0.5 second to 5 seconds

Grav Pistol
  • The Gravity Flare's overheat was changed from 2/shot to 6/shot and its cooldown was reduced from 7 seconds to 6 seconds
  • The Gravity Well's damage multiplier was increased from 0.3 to 0.45 and from now on the overheat value will be shared between the weapons
  • The Single Shot's overheat cost was reduced from 2/shot to 1/shot

Laspistol
  • The Pulse Shot's overheat cost was reduced from 2/shot to 1.2/shot
  • The Single Shot's overheat cost was reduced from 1.0/shot to 0.5/shot

Plasma Pistol
  • The Focused Bolt's overheat cost was reduced from 3.0/shot to 1.2/shot

Inferno Pistol
  • The Melting Ray's overheat cost was halved

Here is also link to change-log to November patch:

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791459382762/announcements/detail/2754443176887952134

Tried couple of missions and the game play :incline:-ed thanks Comrades.

frajaq

Erudite
good news to me, the Shotgun in this game was REALLY satisfying to use but simply didnt compare to grav-gun in usefulness

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Neocore Games rate as my all time most disapointing developer. King Arthur 1 was probably one of the most inspired games I've played in over a decade. Then they obviously ran out of time with King Arthur 2, before lowering their expectations from that point onwards.

Between the bugs and the balance issues with Van Helsing (I didn't buy Van Helsing 2) I just despair at the direction they took. Imagine if they had kept to the formula and obvious investment they had for King Arthur 1 and applied it to the Warhammer universe?.

I think I just jizzed a bit. I'd better leave it at that.

ADL

Prophet
Played The Ascent for a couple hours today, uninstalled that and reinstalled this instead. Really glad I bought Prophecy during the last sale. Haven't touched the new class yet but it's reviewed well.

Yoomazir

Educated
Kamikaze bots are OP. :)
Sadly it's the only viable end game build for that class, and that's just to reach the other classes mid-tier builds. And I hate that spam fest.
TA was overhauled recently. It's quite different now and with far more viable builds. It's a pretty top tier class now.
Good to hear, do you have any examples of what's viable for him? I used to go with Castelans only.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Kamikaze bots are OP. :)
Sadly it's the only viable end game build for that class, and that's just to reach the other classes mid-tier builds. And I hate that spam fest.
TA was overhauled recently. It's quite different now and with far more viable builds. It's a pretty top tier class now.
Good to hear, do you have any examples of what's viable for him? I used to go with Castelans only.
I used 3 Combustors with Lasguns, 1 with a melta and 1 Vanguard.

Edit: I'll just briefly touch on the changes they made for the TA: all 5 pet specific passive trees were completely changed and are a lot more exciting now. You don't need to unlock modules or weapons for your pets anymore via passives, they unlock by level. A new TA specific resource has been added that you accumulate as you kill enemies. This resource is used to upgrade the weapon types for your pets, which means that they will always scale to your level, however the balancing is done in a way that you can't upgrade everything so you have to specialize by picking 2-3 different weapon types. As such pet weapons are no longer craftable, but modules still are.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom