Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

Andnjord

Arcane
So it has no end game basically.
You can play up to the end of the campaign, which is long enough and entertaining enough to be worth the £20. Don't expect the best hack'n slash game ever, but it's fun enough for a couple of playthrough to try out different builds. I've never been much into the endless treadmilling of Diablo and its ilk, so I can't comment on how it holds up once you really get into the high level, nightmare-like difficulty part of the game.
For £20? Yeah, I'd say worth it for sure.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's 20 eurors with 25 DLCs or some shit how much content does this game have now? One issue i had with Grim Dawn is that there was so much shit to do i ended up over leveling my character which made the game piss easy towards the final act. I wonder if all those DLCs are going to do the same for this.

Yeah i never bothered myself with end game for this kind of games as i get burned out at some point. The only time i did that was with Path of Exile and that's because they DID try to make it a bit more interesting than just doing final boss runs for 50 hours like in D2.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
£55 on Steam for the complete edition. £34 for the entry level game. :negative:

You missed the sale i gues. It was 20 euros for the complete edition just sevel hours ago.

For 20 bucks i suppose i could have gotten worse.

Question: the DLC (Prophecy) seems to be integraded to the original game. Not sure why i have both as separate in my steam library with separate shortcuts but i assume they both load the same thing, right?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Yes, I think if you have Prophecy, they both load the same game (version 2).

Peachcurl

Cipher
If you play only one class/campaign it probably should be the Tech Adept from the DLC.

Are you sure this is a good idea? It's been a while, so I might misremember the details... but I 'member that the Tech Adept actually "skips" the first campaign.
Wheras the original classes get the first campaign PLUS the second campaign.

i.e.:
Original classes -> first campaign + second campaign (miss the intro chapter of tech adept)
Tech Adept -> intro chapter + second campaign (miss the first campaign)

This setup is one of the more obscure things they did with this game. Anyways.

In my opinion (and if the above is correct), if you really plan to play only one character, then go for one of the original classes because they get the more complete content.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you play only one class/campaign it probably should be the Tech Adept from the DLC.

Are you sure this is a good idea? It's been a while, so I might misremember the details... but I 'member that the Tech Adept actually "skips" the first campaign.
Wheras the original classes get the first campaign PLUS the second campaign.

i.e.:
Original classes -> first campaign + second campaign (miss the intro chapter of tech adept)
Tech Adept -> intro chapter + second campaign (miss the first campaign)

This setup is one of the more obscure things they did with this game. Anyways.

In my opinion (and if the above is correct), if you really plan to play only one character, then go for one of the original classes because they get the more complete content.

Yes; I've just installed it (since I bought the game on the latest sale) with a tech adept I start on another campaign compared to the other classes

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So far the voice acting and writing is very generic.

Not that i expected anything different, but i'm amazed how all Warhammer media i tried so far, be it books, games or what have you all get the atmosphere of the setting wrong.

I never said anything about playing with only one character. If there is a genre that invites multiple playthrough is Diablo-likes. Much more likely that i will make alts in future playthroughs than grind to the max level with the same character. I never did in Path of Exile for instance. Highest level i ever reached was 90 but i have a dozen alts. I'm of the opinon that the "end game" issue that plagues those kind of games is unsolvable. That it is in the nature of the carrot on a stick draw that defines this genre that eventually the grind has to stop. I welcome any attempt to make the end game interesting but it's just pure delusion to think the problem is actually solvable.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i rolled a Psyker, pressed some skills at random and now i have a blue spiral shit following me around trying to kill me. The shit is that?

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not that i expected anything different, but i'm amazed how all Warhammer media i tried so far, be it books, games or what have you all get the atmosphere of the setting wrong.

what's the issue with the atmosphere?

So i rolled a Psyker, pressed some skills at random and now i have a blue spiral shit following me around trying to kill me. The shit is that?
that's the specific mechanic for the psyker ( Warp Heat mechanic). You can find more information in the tutorial section. In short each time you use a psychic power, you accumulate heat; once it goes over a threshold, there's a chance of bad shit happening, like the blue spiral;
Note that the first attack of psyker weapons (like the psychic rods) reduce warp heat

I'm disapointed there's no orks to fight; there's a lot of other enemies types, but orks are always fun

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
My problem is that the writing in those games or books don't seem to do the setting justice.

You have this very grim and dark setting but then the stories written for this world are more of then than not your generic run of the mill fantasy stuff.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Played up to the fourth mission today. So far it's not terrible. Kinda piss easy but i suppose that's because those are still the "tutorial" missions. I'm like level 4 or some shit, so.

I got some points that i can now spend on my build but i'm looking at the talent trees and fuck if i know where to put them. Grim Dawn had a lot of trees to chose from but was much more straightfoward to figure out. Maybe i should have gone with something easier like the Crusader for my first playthough. I'm actually finding the warp effects kinda of annoying. After i kill monsters i want to go around looking for hidden loot but it's obnixious to be chased around by those effects. For now i'm making sure never to get past the green section of the warp heat meter so i can explore the map in peace after a fight.

BTW, is it possible to pick a different location for the skills in the bar? The order seems to be set by the weapon and sometime some weapon has the same skill but in a different location which is messing up my finger memory already.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom