Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr - WH40K action-RPG from NeocoreGames

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finished Martyr (at least the Martyr + Prophecy storylines), at level 78 (played a lot of the contents alongside the main storyline missions). Final boss
a clone of Fabius Bile, which is a nice trick to have a well known character in the story, killing him, but then his death doesn't change anything,
went down like a bitch, even on +10 difficulty level, but then I got a lot of good loot on void crusades and had enough money (a good chunk coming from my seasonal character) to reroll all the enchants to fit my build (direct damage with the Heavy Flamer, a very fun build, seeing packs of enemies just disappear in flames was really fun).
Talking about loot, I like being able to reroll enchants on items, that way I could get exactly what I wanted, even if it's usually very expensive, that solve the issue of having to search for the right item with the right combination.
Tarot cards were nice too, being able to customize the difficulty and the rewards of missions, but I feel like there should be available on more missions, like the Warzone and Priority assignments missions. Also it's quite fun when the difficulty modifier rolled isn't much of a hindrance, like getting enemy resistance to physical damage, while all I'm dealing is heat damage (or bonuses to horde-type enemies to eldar, who don't get any horde-type enemies).
Instead of the customary health potions, having a equivalent that can be customized with various effect is nice.
The story of the base game is alright, I like how it's not just smash a random bad guy (even if there's a some occurrences of that, especially in the non-main storylines), but more of trying to solve a mystery, as befitting an inquisitor, helped by the investigation system. The story expansion is fine, but I feel like it's trying to go to fast and the how the different sequences articulates suffer from it, with little set up or explanation why the main character decide to go after an obscure prophecy.

Having the skills tied to the weapons and two equipment slots is limiting, but I didn't feel too constrained by that, there was enough possibilities to build my characters (stats, passive skills trees, perks and equipment). It's less of an issue with the Psyker and Tech priest, since they get slots where they can put any of their skills/summons.

As a 40k adaptation, I'd say it gets more things right than wrong and it translates rather well the look (not so much the feel, not Grimdark enough).

The fights in Imperial knights were particularly unfun, between the clumsy movement and boring weapons, especially for situation that my character on foot would have easily solved (except maybe the last one). The mission in the super-heavy tank was fine, though.

Compared to say Titan Quest, I'm missing the permanent map, since it gives a (kinda) tangible sense of progression, instead of disconnected maps with opposition scaled on player's level. Though it's easier to get infinite levels with this setup.

Last edited:

Trithne

Erudite
Waiting for the Adepta Sororitas update!

Give me cute Adepta Sororitas wifes! (Sounds of coughing and sputtering as corruption is purged)

Ahem. Post Battle Sisters.
am71Q84_460swp.webp

ADL

Prophet
This is a game that demands a sequel so they can improve on everything they've learned from the first game and cut down on the jank. Still recommend Inquisitor and Prophecy for the price is goes for on sale. Are they working on a new project yet or is it all hands on deck for the console port and class DLC? Speaking of the class DLC... Where the fuck is she? It's been the better part of a year since she was announced and as far as I'm aware she hasn't even been shown in game.

Harthwain

Magister
It really saddens me how underutilized the cover mechanic is in this game. It could easily had been its defining characteristic, especially in contrast to other Diablo-like games. Another flaw is not being able to use the Tarot too often, which is way better way of "designing" a mission over playing the standard ones (which the player is forced to play way too much before they get repetitive).

Peachcurl

Cipher
Speaking of the class DLC... Where the fuck is she? It's been the better part of a year since she was announced and as far as I'm aware she hasn't even been shown in game.

most recent 'official' post I have seen on this:

I know they're not exactly connected. But, is it possible we'll see the introduction of the ex-Sister DLC for the next season? It's genuinely my biggest want for this game. Sorry if it's been a pestering question.
The arrival of the DLC can be expected either around the end of this summer or mid-Fall, depending on the development phase and the emerging issues.
source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/527430/discussions/0/3385031179211539430/#c3416556480585848252
From 1st of June.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Been playing a few days now. Enjoy it so far. Up to level 20 with a melee crusader. But I switched to using the demolition armor to give me a little ranged and I use a refractor field.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Faith without question and weapons beyond deadly - Battle Sisters will soon join us as the game's fifth playable class. Let's take a look at one of the subclasses, shall we?
⚜️

The Sororitas DLC is coming soon, stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks!
301943722_498541192273280_1910800374305056461_n.jpg

Codex Year of the Donut
https://neocoregames.com/en/community/hub/ps5-xsx-xss-inquisitor-release-date-amp-details

NACON and NeocoreGames announce today that

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Ultimate Edition for PlayStation®5 and Xbox Series S|X launches OCTOBER 27, 2022, alongside enhanced features including all 25, previously released DLCs.​

These features include the following:
  • Native 4k support (4K on PS5 & XSX, 2K on XSS)
  • Higher resolution textures
  • Improved destruction physics
  • Improved shadows
  • Cross-gen multiplayer & cross-progression
  • DualSense controller support on PlayStation 5 with Haptic feedback
  • Adaptive triggers support for DualSense - coming shortly after release
The new playable class, announced back in 2021, is coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S|X consoles as a DLC at a later date. The new Sororitas Class -an Inquisitor with a Sister of Battle background - will bring new mechanics and item types to Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr as well.
You are an Inquisitor, one of the most powerful agents of the Imperium. You operate in the Caligari Sector, a region overrun with heretics, mutants and Daemons of Chaos.
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, the first action RPG to be set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, features both fast-paced and tactical combat, featuring multiple classes of the Inquisition who carry out the Emperor's will. From destructible environments and a cover-based combat system, to skill trees and a wide range of vehicles and weapons, the game offers a truly unique experience. The game is also set in a persistent universe, which boasts incredible replay value thanks to its size and a procedurally generated mission system.
Brutalize Chaos as a Crusader, summon deadly constructs as a Tech-Adept, take down abominations with guile and agility as an Assassin or fight fire with fire playing as a Psyker. In single player, two-player local co-op (exclusively on consoles) or four-player online multiplayer, you must enforce the will of the Emperor and cleanse the darkest sectors of the Imperium of heresy.

Seasonal Closure on PS4 and XboxOne
Season of the Void Brethren became the longest-running Season over the last year but it's time to end its marathon. We officially announce the closure of Inquisitor's 3rd Season both on PS4 and XboxOne. Players have 1 week left to finish up all the objectives of the ongoing Season as it will end on 12 October.
The end of Season 3 can mean only one thing: the arrival of Season of the Emyprean Echoes to both platforms. The release date of Season 4 will be announced on the upcoming weeks but it's not far away!

Until then, finish your remaining objectives, acquire every loot possible and pile up your resources as you will need them all in Season 4!
The Emperor Protects.
mmmm, potatoes

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom