Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Dev Diary #1

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

Since it was announced last month, Owlcat have published several lore and companion updates for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader on the game's official website. Coming right on the heels of their Wrath of the Righteous DLC announcement, yesterday they unveiled the first in a series of Rogue Trader dev diary videos. Narrated by lead narrative designer Olga Kellner, this first episode is a basic introduction to the game's premise, including concept art and a few snippets of WIP gameplay footage. It also offers a quick look at a few of the game's companions, which include the player character's loyal seneschal, an unsanctioned psyker, a Battle Sister, an Aeldari Ranger, and a Space Marine from the Space Wolves chapter.

That's it for Owlcat weekend. If you'd like to learn more about Rogue Trader, there were also a couple of interviews recently with creative director Alexander Gusev at Rock Paper Shotgun and IGN.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
It also offers a quick look at a few of the game's companions,...

oh fuck off. No one gives a shit what snowflake NPC they are going to come up with

companions nowadays are so shit... not only are they poorly written and annoying, they also force u to play with them by being mandatory

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
companions nowadays are so shit... not only are they poorly written and annoying, they also force u to play with them by being mandatory
In both of Owlcat's games you can make your own party members once you're past the introduction.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
In both of Owlcat's games you can make your own party members once you're past the introduction.
And Owlcat can manage to make the occasional neat companion too, see Regill in Wrath.
Untitled.png

Excuse me what the fuck

Joyvankek

Learned
And Owlcat can manage to make the occasional neat companion too, see Regill in Wrath.
True.
Though it would be cool if you could join ADMech and just roll with party composed of servitors and Skitarii.
That would solve problem with potential shitty companions and would be awesome RP option.
I also hope you will be able to play psyker yourself, cause the one they showed us, looks like mandatory diversity inclusion.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
You're rather heavily penalized for it, unfortunately. Particularly in comparison to other crpgs that let you roll with both "morrigan approves" and hand-made parties.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
You're rather heavily penalized for it, unfortunately. Particularly in comparison to other crpgs that let you roll with both "morrigan approves" and hand-made parties.
I think if you do it early enough you are fine. You are right though it does cost a bit.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Cost is the least important factor. Companions in these game constitute a shitload of quest content, have often very high point total (often with option to further improve them) and are integral to the management layer. You are losing way more going full merc here than your are in BG1-2 or PoE.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Lots of people just disable that management shit or make it easier. Next game I will crank the difficulty up for sure.

Tyrion8338

Novice
I have such high hopes for this game, warhammer 40k is a setting with very high potential for interesting story and it`s quite shocking there are no other story heavy rpgs in this verse, I liked pathfinder but the game wasnt all that interesting after a while and that childish gnome was quite annoying, anyway owlcat has shown they can make a good rpg so this game and baldurs gate 3 are atm my main interests in rpg genre.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
After visiting Abyss itself in WotR, I have high hopes about the Owlcat's take on the Warp.

I can't wait to see Bloodletter commoners, Horrors Tzeentch begging for spare change on street corner and a shifty Great Unclean One running a tavern.

:gumpyhead:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
After visiting Abyss itself in WotR, I have high hopes about the Owlcat's take on the Warp.

I can't wait to see Bloodletter commoners, Horrors Tzeentch begging for spare change on street corner and a shifty Great Unclean One running a tavern.

What was Owlcat's take on Abyss in WotR?

Humbaba

Arcane

I just hope it doesn't lag as much and has a less headache inducing soundscape.

MuffinBun

Educated
Fellas, what is a "narrative lead"? Is that the ideaguy, the coordinator of writers, or the main writer?

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Her accent sounds like some over the top russian villain from some obscure 80's action B movie. She sould do voice acting for the game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fellas, what is a "narrative lead"? Is that the ideaguy, the coordinator of writers, or the main writer?
It is both the main writer and the one who coordinates all the other writers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom