Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Dev Diary #2 - Meet the Rogue Traders

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Owlcat Games; Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader

Owlcat have continued to publish various lore and companion updates for Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader over the past months, including a useful content digest in September. None of them seem to have any particular relation with today's dev diary video, however. Although it contains a few snippets of in-engine footage, it's primarily a lore video describing the role of the Rogue Traders in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. With the command of his own massive voidship, the game's protagonist will have to confront all manner of xenos and heretics as he ventures into the Koronus Expanse.

As you may recall, the first alpha build of Rogue Trader was supposed to be released this year. If that's going to happen, I suppose we'll be hearing about it soon.

ozymandiusz

Novice
I don't know... my woke allert goes pew pew anytime I see Owlcat game. What's the release date? I am sure the game will be ok after a year, when "enhanced edition" hits the market, or should I say when this game will be fucking playable without gamebreaking bugs.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
They should cut out the lame cartoonish cut scenes and just stick to the in-game graphics or the occasional black-and-white concept art.

I do hope that the maps are bigger than in Kingmaker and that you will not get railroaded as much.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The mismatch between the awesome artwork and the in-game graphics is... something.

"Hey, we'd love to make a game set in your grimdark universe!"

also

"We think it works best with World of Warcraft-type graphics and cartoon cutscenes!"

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
Refuse Russian Chypriot RPGs, embrace French RPGs.
tru1p6sw02a81.png

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The mismatch between the awesome artwork and the in-game graphics is... something.

"Hey, we'd love to make a game set in your grimdark universe!"

also

"We think it works best with World of Warcraft-type graphics and cartoon cutscenes!"
First of all, grimdark does not mean your color pallet should go from brown to grey.

Second, rogue trader is one of the least grimdark parts of 40k. It's all about hyperwealthy merchants exploring the galaxy for prestige and profit. Having the planets you discover be pretty is good, pretty but deceptively deadly is better.

The anime style cutscenes do feel out of place, but imo the environments look pretty good.

ropetight

Scholar
Why didn't Putin send these people to the frontline to soak up bullets?
Because Owlcat is located in Cyprus.

Owlcat HQ is located in Cyprus, which is known as offshore/tax haven for Central/Eastern Europe (especially Russian) companies.
Development was based in at least three countries - Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.
Recently they moved development from Russia and Ukraine because of war and draft.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/comments/ubmo1m/owlcat_games_cyprus_or_moscow/

Skdursh

Savant
Any ideas on what I should name my thread? Thinking of going with "Cringe Trader 40k"
"Semitic Usurer 40k... 20k!?! I can't believe you're here with your spiel asking to borrow 10k! The gall of this goy schleping over here and asking me for my only 5k, oy vey. Ok, ok, I'll give you the 1k at 25% APR, with a couple extra little surcharges, of course. Anyways, Mazel Tov! You've just haggled the deal of the century out of me for that 500 with only a 175% APR!. My yarmulke's off to ya!"

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I really loathe the new artistic choices GeeDubs is making. The new wave of Warhammer art is just really stale...

Compare to this
KhK08uQB8MnhjrfOnHfnK0iViZ9nh77yF-G-1n97NRk.jpg

Or this
40K-20170921054109.jpg

And this
IMG_3908.jpeg

Just create another based Dawn of War-like game.
Or a PROPER sequel to Space Marine,with gigachad Titus kicking assorted ork,tyranid and heretic ass.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom