Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Luka-boy

Arcane
If they include all the major xenos races I'll buy the game just for having the ambition to do that. I can't think of a single game besides Dawn of War I that did that, and they had to do it in installments and still missed the 'nids.
Battlefleet Gothic: Armada 2 has in the base game:

-Empire (Divided in Navy, Astartes and Mechanicus each one with different ships)
-Chaos (With a subfaction per god)
-Eldar (Corsairs and Craftworld)
-Dark Eldar
-Orks
-Necrons
-Tyranids
-Tau

Also has a bitching soundtrack, memorable voice acting and the four campaigns are what-if scenarios that change the galaxy forever.

Sykar

Arcane
nurgle is easiest to implement. just make game about zombies and shit.

Case in point: Darktide is literally Left4Dead with 40k aesthetics.

Game's kind of shit but the bolter is so fucking good that I'm waiting for them to add content so I can play more.

It only has like 15 rounds per mag but it straight up deletes anything that's not a boss, even on Damnation.

:shredder:
I like the Psyker implementation. Overuse leads to instant death which is cool and as it should be.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If they include all the major xenos races I'll buy the game just for having the ambition to do that. I can't think of a single game besides Dawn of War I that did that, and they had to do it in installments and still missed the 'nids.

-Empire (Divided in Navy, Astartes and Mechanicus each one with different ships)
-Dark Eldar
-Orks
-Necrons
-Tyranids
-Tau

Also has a bitching soundtrack, memorable voice acting and the four campaigns are what-if scenarios that change the galaxy forever.
How is that game compared with first one? I didn't play the sequel yet, don't know if I need to since I spent a fair bit of hours playing the first one.

Alpharius

Scholar

-Dark Eldar
-Orks
-Necrons
-Tyranids
-Tau

How is that game compared with first one? I didn't play the sequel yet, don't know if I need to since I spent a fair bit of hours playing the first one.
Second allows multiple fleets and has less story missions. Its like you capture enemy planets, defend your planets, get resources from the planets to build more ships. If i'm not mistaken the whole map is available at the start of the game with main bases for each faction, and you can defeat a faction by capturing its base. So more of a strategy game.

The space battles are more or less the same.

I think i liked the first one more.

Luka-boy

Arcane

-Dark Eldar
-Orks
-Necrons
-Tyranids
-Tau

If i'm not mistaken the whole map is available at the start of the game with main bases for each faction, and you can defeat a faction by capturing its base. So more of a strategy game.
Not quite. You have a limited amount of sectors to conquer/manage initially and unlock more as the campaigns progress, which normally is done via story missions and there are plenty of those. Factions are also defeated via story missions kind of like in Dawn of War. There are also plenty of non-story random invasions to keep you on your toes and level up. Depending on how much you like to turtle and build up you can easily have a 50-50 split between story missions and invasion battles.

notpl

Arbiter

Game's kind of shit but the bolter is so fucking good that I'm waiting for them to add content so I can play more.

It only has like 15 rounds per mag but it straight up deletes anything that's not a boss, even on Damnation.

What is the fucking deal with warhammer faggots and the "bolter?" Serious question. Literally EVERY FUCKING TIME anything even vaguely related to warhammer 40k is released or even brought up, some sperg appears from the tall grass to ask about the bolter, is the bolter in? does the bolter sound good? what does the bolter look like? Star wars fans give fewer fucks about lightsabers than you subhumans do about your fantasyland's version of the basic assault rifle.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

What is the fucking deal with warhammer faggots and the "bolter?" Serious question. Literally EVERY FUCKING TIME anything even vaguely related to warhammer 40k is released or even brought up, some sperg appears from the tall grass to ask about the bolter, is the bolter in? does the bolter sound good? what does the bolter look like? Star wars fans give fewer fucks about lightsabers than you subhumans do about your fantasyland's version of the basic assault rifle.
>He thinks the bolter is a basic assault rifle
> Not the setting's equivalent to the Devastator from Duke Nukem
Lorelet confirmed.

Harthwain

Magister
:imperialscum:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Big gun go big boom make penis big.

Big gun no big boom? Made by weak men. Maybe space elf shit.

No buy game.

EvilWolf

Learned
People making fun of notpl by proving his point for him. Oh no, how dare you call the bolter an assault rifle! The projectiles are way bigger!

:avatard:
I remember reading about how they used fixed assault rifles during the civil war to take out entire companies of guys, or how during world war 2 the nazis used assault rifles that THEY called "panzerschrecks" to destroy TANKS!

Peachcurl

Cipher
At the codex: "Oh, it's just bigger? Size doesn't matter."
Meanwhile, right above in orbit:

macrocan2.png

None

Scholar

In regards to the bolter and video games, it is a good litmus test to see if the developer understands the universe. How it operates in-universe isn't exactly hard to come by knowledge, so if the dev fucks that up you can be assured they'll fuck up details that may actually matter.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh no, how dare you call the bolter an assault rifle! The projectiles are way bigger!
Not. The. Point!

Projectiles also explode, you absolute cretin!
Tell me more about how I mischaracterized your favourite imaginary gun.
You have a small gun in your pants.
You might not be an incel if you'd go outside instead of thinking about imaginary guns and my penis all day.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Oh no, how dare you call the bolter an assault rifle! The projectiles are way bigger!
Not. The. Point!

You might not be an incel if you'd go outside instead of thinking about imaginary guns and my penis all day.
>Using Incel as an insult
> When posting on the codex

scrubs-where-do-you-think-we-are.gif

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not. The. Point!

>Using Incel as an insult
> When posting on the codex

scrubs-where-do-you-think-we-are.gif
It was more a statement of fact than insulting. :P

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom