Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Found that world where you can join chaos.
ia2pgy.jfif

I assume this is just CYOA section? Instead of big gameplay setpiece

Joyvankek

Learned
Found that world where you can join chaos.
ia2pgy.jfif

I assume this is just CYOA section? Instead of big gameplay setpiece
Yeah, it also doesn't give you anything other than a perk of being a herald if you join(No benefits or debuffs in the description of it), and rumor if you purge that filth.
I found clues that, I assume, are about an option to fully join chaos in the game, but I'm not sure how much of that is in alpha yet.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Wait, they don't show the exterminatus? That's a missed opportunity, even if it is just pressing a button and a cutscene.

Mauman

Learned
A conventionally attractive noble in an Owlcat game?

Oh shit, she's going to be a psycho cannibal again, isn't she.

Hopefully, she's still helpful :P

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

If so, lore accurate.

But look at 'em shoulders.

100% she's gonna betray you for the dark eldar.

lightbane

Arcane
I see that someone read the "Player Rogue Traders will eventually make a hat large enough to hide a single-shot multi-melta inside" meme and took it for real.
If that thing isn't capable of shooting energy beams, I'll be disappointed.

There is a precedent in the books, as there's a single-shot "bolter cane" that is just that, a cane to "immediately resolve disagreements and later take a sip of amasec" or something like that.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Considering our modern nobles are also psycho cannibals Owlcat did nothing wrong. They just added a bit more realism into their game.

Last edited:

Trithne

Erudite
Spoilers from the Alpha for that character and the planet Janus:

She's a Slaaneshi cult leader, using some manner of granted power to try and keep the jungles of the planet under control, but its not working, and the Eldar are passed because it's a Maiden World, so they're backing a rebellion to try and depose her. You can choose to not believe the Eldar and just kill them, or you can confront her with this claim and she'll be like "so? I use this power in your service. Your mother was accommodating about it". You van then either kill her, or choose to look the other way.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

She's a Slaaneshi cult leader, using some manner of granted power to try and keep the jungles of the planet under control, but its not working, and the Eldar are passed because it's a Maiden World, so they're backing a rebellion to try and depose her. You can choose to not believe the Eldar and just kill them, or you can confront her with this claim and she'll be like "so? I use this power in your service. Your mother was accommodating about it". You van then either kill her, or choose to look the other way.
is there an option to kill her AND the Eldar?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

is there an option to kill her AND the Eldar?

Yeah probably could've seen that coming a mile away.
80% of women who are conventionally attractive in modern video games are evil for some reason.

Mauman

Learned
I FUCKING KNEW IT!!

Seriously,
what is with Owlcat and attractive seriously screwed up women? For bonus points, I wonder if she's a cannibal too (many chaos worshipers are)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom