Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That flash animations level garbage is nothing like classic 80s animations like MotU, Heavy Metal or Fire & Ice etc. Especially not artistically or style-wise
Masters of the Universe's animation was really terrible. It wasn't that different. Putting it in the same category as two feature films is eyebrow-raising.

Häyhä

Arbiter
Masters of the Universe's animation was really terrible. It wasn't that different. Putting it in the same category as two feature films is eyebrow-raising.

True. However MotU owes it's existence to the mentioned films. It still imitates the art style of those even though it's cheaply made Saturday morning animation for children.

Thonius

Arcane
Warhammer_-Rogue_Trader_Key-Art1.png

possible companions
Bookmark this post.

Untitled-2.jpg
: "F-filthy human p-pig!!! Ape! Mayfly! You can't comprehend how strong Eldar emotions are! You can't comprehend how much I... I don't... hate you..."

Untitled-22.jpg
: "<CHARNAME>, do you think... Do you think I'm pretty? My exotic blue skin, third eye and nimble six fingers probably make me look like a freak. Ah, I never cared about this... But since I've met you... I feel things I've never felt before."
Owlcat better include much more exotic space babes than just space elves, it's too vanilla.
Here's the art at the end that shows the companions:
FULyR3lX0AMgVpM
No boobs armor on SoB :decline:
I spy cute eldar gf! I hope they keep romance content similar to wotr.
They should improve on them and take some risks.
Pretty sure that blue chick? is astronavigator aka mutie.

Thonius

Arcane
DnSg3Fa.png

Judging from this shot from the trailer this game seems to have a cover system.
Going through the PnP rulebook there do be a cover system. Probably the reason why this one's turn based only. Cover in RTWP sounds fiddly.
Could be a factor, but Dawn of War II has an excellent cover system and it's an RTS.
You guys looking to much into a video made from some slapped together assets for the sake of pre-order cashgrabbies.

jungl

Augur
Would of been more interesting if you played as a greenskin crew that is not voice acted besides grunts and occasional stuff. you go around collecting space mushroom kind of like bananas in the donkey kong games. Your nemesis could be that woman in trailer that pissed your tribe off. Romance options are what babe you want your goblin boy stab or orc buddy thrash.

Drop Duck

Learned
That flash animations level garbage is nothing like classic 80s animations like MotU, Heavy Metal or Fire & Ice etc. Especially not artistically or style-wise
The trailer animation is almost exactly the same as those low budget animations from back in the day. Beamdog also wants the 80's cartoon audience but if you want to look at how to do it wrong then they provide a good example of that.

Compare that to the Warhammer toon.

Longes

Augur
The trailer animation is almost exactly the same as those low budget animations from back in the day. Beamdog also wants the 80's cartoon audience but if you want to look at how to do it wrong then they provide a good example of that.

"Dogshit bad animation now looks exactly like the dogshit bad animation from 40 years ago" is a positive?

Drop Duck

Learned
lol @boomers still idolising their terribly animated action figure commercials.
You are aware that this is the Warhammer thread? A game made only to sell action figures toys miniature models to adult men? And that the video games are commercials for the tabletop game?

Drop Duck

Learned
You are aware that this is the Warhammer thread? A game made only to sell action figures toys miniature models to adult men? And that the video games are commercials for the tabletop game?
Your point being?
It's the same thing as the 80's cartoons and if you don't like one of them you wouldn't like the other and you should pack your no-model bags and post in a thread about a hobby you actually like.

Humbaba

Arcane
It's the same thing as the 80's cartoons and if you don't like one of them you wouldn't like the other and you should pack your no-model bags and post in a thread about a hobby you actually like.
Untrue, 80's cartoons and action figures are shit and minis are dope. Sounds like you're the one who doesn't like 40k very much seeing as you're equating the most intricate setting in the nerd-sphere with cheaply made cashgrabs.

Drop Duck

Learned
Untrue, 80's cartoons and action figures are shit and minis are dope. Sounds like you're the one who doesn't like 40k very much seeing as you're equating the most intricate setting in the nerd-sphere with cheaply made cashgrabs.
Masters of the Universe has actually deeper lore than Warhammer but I wouldn't expect a fake nerd who isn't into either hobby to know anything about that.

Harthwain

Magister
You can play Blood Bowl video games and not touch the tabletop version of it.

Thonius

Arcane
Would of been more interesting if you played as a greenskin crew that is not voice acted besides grunts and occasional stuff. you go around collecting space mushroom kind of like bananas in the donkey kong games. Your nemesis could be that woman in trailer that pissed your tribe off. Romance options are what babe you want your goblin boy stab or orc buddy thrash.
Orcs in WH dont do snu snu they got no genitals. sooo. DENY.

Thonius

Arcane
It's low effort shit, is what it is. Hope this helps.
Today it's easier to make CGI 3D trailer (or even something like arcane, kinda ironic a bit) than it is to commission actually drawn toon. I liked it, it's kind of fresh. BUT toon and Owlcats stylized brand of graphics and wh40k kind of don't mix right now, they need to work colors and add details imo.
Also pretty sure that timecode 1.02 is homage to some anime or tv cartoon, something with robots. Also that battle scene from trailers in eldari ruins reminds me somehow about Dark Crusade or whatever name that MMO WOW warhammer clone had.
Doubt it, but I don't feel motivated right now to argue with a racist who is clearly acting in bad faith wherever he goes.
Racist on interwebs? Damn!
Navigators are sanctioned mutants, totally different.
Well, kind of not really. They are tolerated because they are needed and such. Average potato farmer in WH40K still very sus about them, avoids them (because chances of them meeting each other are like 0.00000000001%) and shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom