Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
This thread went places. Just like Bioware, Warhammer and/or Owlcat tend to bring out the worst in people it seems.

And Obsidian, and Blizzard, and... You know, I don't think it's related to the company or game.
maybe its about the friends we made along the way

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am very curious how Owlcat will be able to sell their game, after the embargo on Russian companies. I don't see a Steam page at all and this could be the reason.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am very curious how Owlcat will be able to sell their game, after the embargo on Russian companies. I don't see a Steam page at all and this could be the reason.
What russian company are you talking about? They are all 100% Cypriots.

:hmmm:

Their company is officially based in Cyprus. This is know since KM days.

This means the company probably has account in Cyprus banks.

They probably can't do transfer to Russian banks or something but business wise it should not be an issue. How they could do the the payment to their employee in Russia or whether they are even still in Russia nobody knows.

Codex Year of the Donut
What russian company are you talking about? They are all 100% Cypriots.

:hmmm:

Their company is officially based in Cyprus. This is know since KM days.

This means the company probably has account in Cyprus banks.

They probably can't do transfer to Russian banks or something but business wise it should not be an issue. How they could do the the payment to their employee in Russia or whether they are even still in Russia nobody knows.
What Russian employees? They are in Cyprus!

Dodo1610

Arcane
I don't see a Steam page at all and this could be the reason.

For WOTR only started preorders on Steam mere months before release since they want to sell as many copies as possible on their own website where they don't have to give 30% to Valve.

Humbaba

Arcane
But I don't want Owlcat touching that franchise. They'll pervert it and fuck it up. How dare they taint it.
I'll say it again, GW is very particular about their IP and let's no one tamper with it to any great extent. Case in point, confirmed no gay (or straight) romance with the Spess Wolf, as is lore-compliant. Owlcat only got away with the gay shit in Pathfinder because Paizo is homo already.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

The Moscow office has been abandoned, they're all in Cyprus or elsewhere in Europe https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Not like they had any attachment to Russian culture in the first place.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I don't understand why Owlcat didn't work on a Starfinder game instead of fucking around the WH40K universe.
No Paizo meddling.

I'll say it again, GW is very particular about their IP and let's no one tamper with it to any great extent.
Are you sure? I always got the impression that GW license their IP to anyone who pays them. That's why so many (bad) Warhammer games exist.
CA made up a fat ghost lady for their Vampire Coast DLC and GW didn't cared.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
I'll say it again, GW is very particular about their IP and let's no one tamper with it to any great extent.
Are you sure? I always got the impression that GW license their IP to anyone who pays them. That's why so many (bad) Warhammer games exist.

Ok, I should maybe clarify some things, so we can stop having this conversation:

GW license their IP to anyone who pays them. That's why so many (bad) Warhammer games exist.
This is true, GW does not care about the quality of the games that use their licence, because it's not part of their main business model anyway and all that matters is that the brand name is thrown out there. Even so, those games are always lore-friendly, if technically suspect. I am not aware of any officially licensed GW game that contains fan fiction.

Also true but
1. Additions like that are the exception
2. are completely fine, because WFB is dead anyway (I know about Old World, but that's gonna take place during a different time period, so it's not truly WFB)
3. are only done when approved by GW, if they don't violate the setting's lore, as was the case with the fat ghost.

That last part is important and it's why I am very sure that we will not see things like EldarxHuman romance because that stuff is canonically verboten and I highly doubt GW would ever sanction that or give Owlcat that sort of creative freedom. At most, we'll get to bang the Navigator.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
That last part is important and it's why I am very sure that we will not see things like EldarxHuman romance because that stuff is canonically verboten and I highly doubt GW would ever sanction that or give Owlcat that sort of creative freedom. At most, we'll get to bang the Navigator.
Otoh, Love Can Bloom on the battlefield (and has been implied/referenced as canon in one of the TTRPG rulebooks, although I can't recall if it was a rogue trader one or a dark heresy).

But I don't really expect to be able to romance the eldar. I'm p sure most rogue traders would be happy to create children with a navigator through marriage, that's an incredible political powermove if I'm remembering navigator politics right.

Thonius

Arcane
This thread went places. Just like Bioware, Warhammer and/or Owlcat tend to bring out the worst in people it seems.
Have a good day and a kitty!
images

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom