Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Which is weird to me, because Eldar were supposed to look like this :

Eldar_Warlock.jpg

I blame video games for turning them into hot elves instead of freaky aliens with pointy ears.

Edit : should be fixed now. I dunno why it broke, it was working when I posted it.

TBH fam, I am pretty sure that in this day and age, many people would hit that shit hard. But I certainly do agree that Eldar moved towards more human-like looks over the years. Its the basic market principle in action I guess - people want fap material and people will get it.

5006a9f75d172e45e9755671881f613d--warhammer-eldar-warhammer-fantasy.jpg

ChildInTime

Learned
I wouldnt be surprised if there was a lot of non-consentual fucking done by Dark Eldar with their captives though...

Read Nightbringer by Graham McNeill, it starts with
some dark eldar whore fucking a man paralyzed by toxins, and gore and other cool things only escalate the further it goes, also the dark eldar trilogy about Commoragh, but I don't exactly remember a lot of fucking there, and that's the official side. I wouldn't even go into fanfiction about dark eldar - I read some really disturbing fucked up shit produced by fans, and I consider myself something of a connossieur in regards to fucked up shit.

Anyway, there is a lot of HERESY in this thread, you should all start praising the Emperor right this instant. Or else.

3UHuVmN.jpg

Aarwolf

Learned
ABELARD WERSERIAN: A MAN OF HIS DUTY

Rogue Traders are the bright stars of the Koronus Expanse. They traverse the void, conquering savage worlds, hunting ancient treasures, and bringing the Light of the Emperor to the wild frontier. Their great minds are focused on major tasks (or distracted by the pleasures that the lavish lifestyle of Imperial nobility brings… but that's another matter). In any case, each Rogue Trader needs a trusted person to handle the not-so-great tasks, like keeping the colonial governments on all those conquered worlds from falling apart, or turning all those ancient treasures into actual profit. Enter the Seneschal.

Seneschal.jpg

Decades ago, the diligent and imperious Abelard Werserian was first officer on a cruiser voidship, until fate intervened in the form of Theodora von Valancius, an eccentric, wayward Rogue Trader. Different as night and day, the pair learned to appreciate and respect each other during a joint operation between Navis Imperialis and Rogue Trader forces. Impressed, Theodora claimed Abelard as her new Seneschal – a position that confers the highest honors, as well as the greatest burdens.

Decades later, Abelard, as the Rogue Trader's right hand, remains vigilant against threats to the von Valancius trade empire. Time and its tribulations have turned his hair gray and his demeanor even more difficult than it was in his Navy days. And yet Abelard is still one of the most reliable of the Rogue Trader's crew, fiercely loyal to the trade empire he helped to build and operate. Anything that endangers this precious creation he views as a personal threat. And these dangers are many, for great and fearsome powers lurk in the depths of the Koronus Expanse. Is there still enough strength in the aging Seneschal’s hands to hold the trade empire together and protect it from ruin?

https://owlcat.games/news/72

Last edited by a moderator:

Camel

Scholar
I mean there sure were all kinds of fan-fics about dudes fucking hot Eldar bitches, but I am not quite sure whether anything remotly official ever went that way. There was the case of Inquisitor Czevak, who lived on the craftworld Ilyanden for a long time on an ivitation of a Farseer, though even there I am not aware that there was anything like that going on. I wouldnt be surprised if there was a lot of non-consentual fucking done by Dark Eldar with their captives though...
Right, Eldar consider Humans as little above primitive and violent apes so any thought of romance between them disgusts arrogant space elves. We'll see.
TBH fam, I am pretty sure that in this day and age, many people would hit that shit hard. But I certainly do agree that Eldar moved towards more human-like looks over the years. Its the basic market principle in action I guess - people want fap material and people will get it.
Nothing wrong with titillation and "objectification" of women.
Which is weird to me, because Eldar were supposed to look like this :

Eldar_Warlock.jpg

I blame video games for turning them into hot elves instead of freaky aliens with pointy ears.

Edit : should be fixed now. I dunno why it broke, it was working when I posted it.
Well, considering increasingly woke entertainment and game development, your wish of ugly and creepy Eldar will be granted in the Rogue trader. I see nothing wrong with sexualisation of women anywhere in entertainment anyway. "Male gaze" is awesome.
This farseer is almost classic Tolkien elf.
latest

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane

Rogue Traders are the bright stars of the Koronus Expanse. They traverse the void, conquering savage worlds, hunting ancient treasures, and bringing the Light of the Emperor to the wild frontier. Their great minds are focused on major tasks (or distracted by the pleasures that the lavish lifestyle of Imperial nobility brings… but that's another matter). In any case, each Rogue Trader needs a trusted person to handle the not-so-great tasks, like keeping the colonial governments on all those conquered worlds from falling apart, or turning all those ancient treasures into actual profit. Enter the Seneschal.

Seneschal.jpg

Decades ago, the diligent and imperious Abelard Werserian was first officer on a cruiser voidship, until fate intervened in the form of Theodora von Valancius, an eccentric, wayward Rogue Trader. Different as night and day, the pair learned to appreciate and respect each other during a joint operation between Navis Imperialis and Rogue Trader forces. Impressed, Theodora claimed Abelard as her new Seneschal – a position that confers the highest honors, as well as the greatest burdens.

Decades later, Abelard, as the Rogue Trader's right hand, remains vigilant against threats to the von Valancius trade empire. Time and its tribulations have turned his hair gray and his demeanor even more difficult than it was in his Navy days. And yet Abelard is still one of the most reliable of the Rogue Trader's crew, fiercely loyal to the trade empire he helped to build and operate. Anything that endangers this precious creation he views as a personal threat. And these dangers are many, for great and fearsome powers lurk in the depths of the Koronus Expanse. Is there still enough strength in the aging Seneschal’s hands to hold the trade empire together and protect it from ruin?

Old man as advisor? Do I dare hope?

ChildInTime

Learned

Seneschal.jpg

He's a companion, fully in your party.

Salvo

Arcane

Seneschal.jpg

He's a companion, fully in your party.
If he's based like Regill it's permaslot for my party

Dodo1610

Arcane
Theodora von Valancius,

Guess this is your PC mother.

Aberlard will probably serve as your mentor in this game. Sounds like this game wants to tell a much more personal story.

Last edited:
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Seneschal.jpg

Seneschal is an actual class from PnP Rogue Trader - he is basicaly a spymaster, a highly social oriented class that is meant to network and gain intel. Its good to see they are sticking to the existing classes.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Well, considering increasingly woke entertainment and game development, your wish of ugly and creepy Eldar will be granted in the Rogue trader. I see nothing wrong with sexualisation of women anywhere in entertainment anyway. "Male gaze" is awesome.
This farseer is almost classic Tolkien elf.
latest
Oh don't get me wrong, I like sexy.
Just not in a setting where the premise is that aliens are out to wipe out humanity and are seen as unnatural.
Kind of hard to get a guardsmen to fear and hate the xenos when he's popping a boner.

Iirc, Eldar are supposed to have an uncanny valley thing going on about them where they look human, but there's something off about them that's unsettling to most humans.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Just not in a setting where the premise is that aliens are out to wipe out humanity and are seen as unnatural.
Kind of hard to get a guardsmen to fear and hate the xenos when he's popping a boner.

Iirc, Eldar are supposed to have an uncanny valley thing going on about them where they look human, but there's something off about them that's unsettling to most humans.

But the Eldar essentially created Slaanesh, the Prince of Pleasure, by the power of their own debauchery!

And the obstructive boner is part of their plan to wipe out humanity. It makes perfect sense.

Camel

Scholar

Understood. Agreed, W40k is not a setting for sexy or romances, after all it was created for wargames/miniature collection. Eldar and Tau are most friendly races for the Imperium and humans will gladly kill them with fire, we love the setting for other things. The guardsmen will love anything their kommissar tells them to love.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It's precisely because the guardsman's natural inclination when encountering an Eldar slut is to pop a boner that it's important to teach him to hate the xenos. Base instincts can be overcome by discipline.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There's your straight white male companion, are you happy now?

Too bad Theodora didn't live long enough to see Owlcat reference her in their latest game. (edit: good news, she did)

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
Eldar and Tau are most friendly races for the Imperium and humans will gladly kill them with fire, we love the setting for other things.
Thing is "most friendly races" are not really friendly towards the Imperium.

Sarathiour

Cipher
There's your straight white male companion, are you happy now?

Too bad Theodora didn't live long enough to see Owlcat reference her in their latest game.

Not enough reference to hooker and whore, 3/10 for the effort, I'm expecting better next time Owlcat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom