Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
TBH fam, I thought that the Dark Eldar (and especially Wyches) will either get hyper-sexualised (a respectable approach) or will go for the maximum fucked up/BDSM/goth look. The artwork they presented is no fap material, but it doesnt provoke disgust either - its really like something out of a sunday morning cartoon (and honestly the animated Battletech series for example had wilder shit than this). Weak.

a1f46d24e838c28a668831b223aa9339--rogue-traders-the-rogues.jpg

If they dont want to make Eldar hot space elves, they should go for the proper alien representation at least. I mean I sure as fuck wouldnt realise those are supposed to be Dark Eldar Wyches if the picture didnt have it written on it and that´s a pretty good sign they are doing it wrong.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
PnP Rogue Trader featured both as NPCs/enemies, though as far as I know only Dark Eldar had stats for playable characters (they had their own sourcebook).

Sarathiour

Cipher
TBH fam, I thought that the Dark Eldar (and especially Wyches) will either get hyper-sexualised (a respectable approach) or will go for the maximum fucked up/BDSM/goth look. The artwork they presented is no fap material, but it doesnt provoke disgust either - its really like something out of a sunday morning cartoon (and honestly the animated Battletech series for example had wilder shit than this). Weak.

View attachment 25136

If they dont want to make Eldar hot space elves, they should go for the proper alien representation at least. I mean I sure as fuck wouldnt realise those are supposed to be Dark Eldar Wyches if the picture didnt have it written on it and that´s a pretty good sign they are doing it wrong.

Yeah, it's unfortunatly just a bland copy paste of the most recent mini for wyches. :decline:

Mauman

Learned
Eldar and Tau are most friendly races for the Imperium and humans will gladly kill them with fire, we love the setting for other things.
The Eldar...the same group that literally let millions of humans die to save a (comparatively) much smaller group of their own?

The Tau....the same group that perform mass brainwashing and sterilization on their own allies? Especially the poor schmucks they persuade to betray their former teams and side with them?

There are reasons why the Imperium has taken a "keep finger on trigger" policy to these groups when dealing with them.

Thonius

Arcane
YEAH but rules mention DARK Eldar! I mean someone posted video here that looks over all carrier paths and such. Cant find anything mentioning them in open sources...
At any rate ork frebota or no buy!

Trithne

Erudite
Wait, so wych (heh) is it?

* Eldar are too human like, they're supposed to be impossibly lithe and slender by human standards, clearly alien.
* These Eldar aren't conventionally hot enough by human standards for me, knees too pointy, 0/10 would not bang.

The wychs are, as was mentioned, basically just the gw models. The Eldar ideal of beauty isn't T&A, so why would wychs have fat asses?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
The Eldar...the same group that literally let millions of humans die to save a (comparatively) much smaller group of their own?

The Tau....the same group that perform mass brainwashing and sterilization on their own allies? Especially the poor schmucks they persuade to betray their former teams and side with them?

There are reasons why the Imperium has taken a "keep finger on trigger" policy to these groups when dealing with them.
In literally any other setting the Tau would be the villains. It's just that everything is so fucked and the Tau are a little more subtle than the Imperium with their dickery that they look good by comparison. They're still cunts.

Trithne

Erudite
Yeah, Eldar don't even have human anatomy. Big titties and arses shouldn't be a thing on them.
40k isn't Mass Effect, no banging aliens here. Unless it's with a gun, that is.

Eh, I vaguely recall throwaway lines about Half-Eldar in RT, since D&D had Half-Elves so of course that was a thing, but even if the Eldar is fuckable, she shouldn't be into it the way a human is.

Knowing Owlcat she's probably a lesbian.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Eh, I vaguely recall throwaway lines about Half-Eldar in RT, since D&D had Half-Elves so of course that was a thing, but even if the Eldar is fuckable, she shouldn't be into it the way a human is.

Knowing Owlcat she's probably a lesbian.
Does RT even count though? Rogue Trader is so far apart from 40k it's arguably not even the same setting. More like a prototype for what turn into 40k.

Peachcurl

Cipher
I meant more like in terms of how it works internally. Apparently Eldar crap out crystals when they defecate, for example. I'm not even sure Eldar babies drink milk. No milk, no mammary glands, no tits.

okay, that pooping thing is some interesting detail I never knew I missed :lol:

About milk, that would be a fair point, if true. Doesn't exactly match with the GW miniature design though, but of course those are not really necessarily consistent.

See, e.g., the Link Thonius posted. https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Eldar-Wyches?_requestid=6620703

Nevermore

Novice
Does RT even count though? Rogue Trader is so far apart from 40k it's arguably not even the same setting. More like a prototype for what turn into 40k.
Owlcat's game based on the Rogue Trader TTRPG by Fantasy Flight Games. Not on the first edition of 40k.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom