Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's the other way around, the moment devs try to manipulate the rules to "better fit PCs" it goes to shit. Look at the IE games. There's a reason nobody touches 5E's rules on PC anymore. Gloomhaven also says hi. Tabletop RPGs tend to be more elegantly designed due to the nature of the medium. You can't overcomplicate them needlessly because the game has to be played fairly smoothly by human beings. Well, you can, but you get the abomination that was 3.5E and Pathfinder 1E.

Humanophage

Arcane
For comparison, Warhammer 40k: Darktide satisfies the woke demands by (consciously) adding Negroes and other non-whites everywhere, but at least they maintain the tone.
Diversity in facial structure and ethnic descent has been part of our goals for providing face variations to the player. We want to offer a broad set of options, so players from different parts of the world and age groups can feel represented when creating their characters. Part of that representation is also imperfection, and it is something that we see as an important pillar when it comes to the character art in Darktide. For example, faces in real life are imperfect and more asymmetric than one might think, and we want to capture that in our set of faces. Crooked nose, grinded jaw, moles, veins, and skin conditions: These more minor details are important when making a face look like it has personality and soul. These imperfections ultimately contribute to our view of the ugly and gritty universe of Warhammer 40,000.
https://www.playdarktide.com/it/news/dev-blog-character-customization/

0EKByig.jpg

sVtOE9r.jpg

velaOvE.png

The current thing looks like Star Traders.
FUGhtdrXEAE5hsL

4A9ABBE345ED718DF2047426110CF8D5756563DE

Last edited:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist

Few key points:
  • Along with the sanctioned psyker in the key art there is also an unsanctioned psyker companion.
  • Eldar Ranger isn't the only xenos companion either.
  • Selectable character backgrounds (Imperial Navy, Commisar, Crime Lord, etc.) No clue as to what these actually do.
  • Emphasis on companion/faction tensions, example given is that the Sororita and Space Marine will leave/get violent if you're too nice to aliens.
They also showed some Slaanesh stuff:
JvCNTTH.png

Sarathiour

Cipher
Looke like they are set on making carbon copy of the most recent mini, down to the same haircut.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Looke like they are set on making carbon copy of the most recent mini, down to the same haircut.
Of course, GW probably explicitly asks them to.
The art direction being good in Warhammer games is pretty much the one redeeming feature most of them have and that's only because the artists can make use of a massive amount of technical drawings and artwork that GW already has, so it doesn't even take any effort on their side.

Thonius

Arcane
For comparison, Warhammer 40k: Darktide satisfies the woke demands by (consciously) adding Negroes and other non-whites everywhere, but at least they maintain the tone.
Diversity in facial structure and ethnic descent has been part of our goals for providing face variations to the player. We want to offer a broad set of options, so players from different parts of the world and age groups can feel represented when creating their characters. Part of that representation is also imperfection, and it is something that we see as an important pillar when it comes to the character art in Darktide. For example, faces in real life are imperfect and more asymmetric than one might think, and we want to capture that in our set of faces. Crooked nose, grinded jaw, moles, veins, and skin conditions: These more minor details are important when making a face look like it has personality and soul. These imperfections ultimately contribute to our view of the ugly and gritty universe of Warhammer 40,000.
https://www.playdarktide.com/it/news/dev-blog-character-customization/

0EKByig.jpg

sVtOE9r.jpg

velaOvE.png

The current thing looks like Star Traders.
FUGhtdrXEAE5hsL

4A9ABBE345ED718DF2047426110CF8D5756563DE
You realize that Warhammer got planets full of mongols, planets full of german clones, planets full of roman larpers and such... surely there are planets full of negroes as long as they serve Emperor it's ok!

Sarathiour

Cipher
I mean, I have conflicted feeling about this. The setting is rich enough that could do some variation on the model while keeping the tone of the settings, but that would require talented artist, and most of us here will agree that the majority of humanoid model in pathfinder looked like shit, be it the portrait or the in-game model.

On one hand, I regret this totally risk-free approach, but on the others, it might be for the better that I do not want to gouge my eyes on ugly models, that will still manage to make my computer overheat because unity.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I mean, I have conflicted feeling about this. The setting is rich enough that could do some variation on the model while keeping the tone of the settings, but that would require talented artist, and most of us here will agree that the majority of humanoid model in pathfinder looked like shit, be it the portrait or the in-game model.

On one hand, I regret this totally risk-free approach, but on the others, it might be for the better that I do not want to gouge my eyes on ugly models, that will still manage to make my computer overheat because unity.
Have you tried turning on VSync? I found that keeping VSync on makes unity behave itself. If that doesn't work you might have to go to your GPU control panel and force a frame rate lock.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, that's what I did, I don't exactly have a powerful rig, but it was barely playable without doing so.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Well, after wotr, it clearly seems like owlcat have an hard on for cannibal, so I'm fully expecting kroot shaper waifu.

Stoned Ape

Savant
You realize that Warhammer got planets full of mongols, planets full of german clones, planets full of roman larpers and such... surely there are planets full of negroes as long as they serve Emperor it's ok!
Best Space Marine chapter is very black:

0e43a7d1e24757f582de39c1410b3d5f.jpg

Thonius

Arcane
Best Space Marine chapter is very black:

0e43a7d1e24757f582de39c1410b3d5f.jpg
Yeah but they literally skin deep, something about radiation or some shit.

Mauman

Learned

Something tells me most (though some do) planets don't give a shit about normal skin colors when there's human-types with red, coal black, and other non-normal skin colars running around.

Nevermind the abhumans.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom