Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
You all act as if it's the first time. On top of that WH was always inclusive of all races (black etc)
And trans. :]
Your brain processed her/it as trans my brain processes it as sick, flat female = furniture.
That's how they look. They look like a crack addict.
23b.jpg

photo_2022-06-23_18-16-53.jpg

Does she? Look like crack addict? Yeah. Having big booba women is nice but big booba women with crack addiction is not a nice sight.
COPE POST

Sarathiour

Cipher
Yeah, as I thought the very moment they stop making bland copy of already existing model, it immediately look like shit.

We always knew that they art direction is gonna be shit, no surprise here.

Robber Baron

Savant
A smug black woman is everywhere in the media nowadays
This character archetype is always bland, boring and is offensively overused
But we all know why we need to mod our games to have blonds with big tits in them

Trithne

Erudite
Because as we all know, space wizards can only ever be pallid dudes. The 41st millennium is a vast setting intentionally designed to let anything be possible, but only if it matches a GW model somewhere.

I mean, it's not as if there's a whole bunch of psykers out there that look perfectly human, or even superhuman. The idea that anyone could be a psyker, with no visible tells, is a bit part of why the Inquisition exists.

Sure, she looks like she'll be annoying as fuck, but there's some serious chasing at shadows going on in here.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's the same thing as the 80's cartoons and if you don't like one of them you wouldn't like the other and you should pack your no-model bags and post in a thread about a hobby you actually like.
Untrue, 80's cartoons and action figures are shit and minis are dope. Sounds like you're the one who doesn't like 40k very much seeing as you're equating the most intricate setting in the nerd-sphere with cheaply made cashgrabs.
Masters of the Universe has actually deeper lore than Warhammer but I wouldn't expect a fake nerd who isn't into either hobby to know anything about that.
That's functionally impossible just based on target demographics and the sheer density and variety of content that it has been produced for 40k relative to MotU.

40k has had an overwhelmingly larger number of creatives with different point of view develop the material and has basically has its signature" grimdark" reinterpretation of every single major sci-fi, apocalyptic, and fantasy motif (philosophical, technological, etc) that has ever existed since the Golden Age of Sci-F with Heinlein, Herbert, Tolkien, and Asimov.

There's probably more depth in just the concept of Space Marines Chapters and the differences that developed between them than in all of MoTU.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Does she? Look like crack addict? Yeah.
Nope. She doesn't. Imagine she would've, then there'd be resemblance with the stereotypical image "nigger-crackhead" and it would be hilarious actually but the artist would commit suicide afterwards.

And I wasn't talking about boobs specifically by the way, any feminine features/shapes. She looks like a skinny trap, tits or not.

His Dudeness

Augur
Because as we all know, space wizards can only ever be pallid dudes. The 41st millennium is a vast setting intentionally designed to let anything be possible, but only if it matches a GW model somewhere.

I mean, it's not as if there's a whole bunch of psykers out there that look perfectly human, or even superhuman. The idea that anyone could be a psyker, with no visible tells, is a bit part of why the Inquisition exists.

Sure, she looks like she'll be annoying as fuck, but there's some serious chasing at shadows going on in here.
Not only that, human supremacy over the alien is one of the biggest driving ideologies within the Empire of Man. A racist empire fan is a walking contradiction.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
i’m generally not nostalgic nor that conservative but fuck it if i don’t pine for the days where every single thread didn’t devolve into tranny debate

i swear you people are more obsessed by trannies than sex tourists in thailand

Thonius

Arcane
Does she? Look like crack addict? Yeah.
Nope. She doesn't. Imagine she would've, then there'd be resemblance with the stereotypical image "nigger-crackhead" and it would be hilarious actually but the artist would commit suicide afterwards.

And I wasn't talking about boobs specifically by the way, any feminine features/shapes. She looks like a skinny trap, tits or not.
She does look to me like crack addict or at very least alcoholic.
No booba plates in Astra Militarium / IG arts.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
i’m generally not nostalgic nor that conservative but fuck it if i don’t pine for the days where every single thread didn’t devolve into tranny debate

Optimistic that you think that the whiners aren't the sorts of people who go to Thailand for sex holidays or would be if they could afford the flight and could pretend the population was white.

It'll be easier to filter the whining once any substantial information about the game is released. There's not a whole heck of a lot to say about this yet, afaik. I'd say I'd expect the shitposting to decrease at that point as well, but history suggests that won't be the case. At least it might get its own quarantine thread for the purpose.

Other than that about art style complaints, Wrath really did start out looking exactly like Kingmaker because they started building it using Kingmaker assets as placeholders. They subbed them out over time and the game became noticeably better looking as time went on. I fully expect that to happen again with Rogue Trader, although I wish they were doing something like Fading Suns instead of 40K. 40K is so... meh and is present in so much shovelware that I'm kind of tired of it. I probably wouldn't even be following this if it wasn't Owlcat.

Thonius

Arcane
ct that to happen again with Rogue Trader, although I wish they were doing something like Fading Suns instead of 40K. 40K is so... meh and is present in so much shovelware that I'm kind of tired of it. I probably wouldn't even be following this if it wasn't Owlcat.
I feel like release of the trailer was more like "hey guys we are alive, and Cyprus company now". Recent wh games got noticeable bump in quality probably due to licensing actually doing their job, or maybe changing whole model.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Right you are, Grunker.

I continue to be amazed by the army of people obsessed with finding gays, lesbians and trannies in video-games... and excitedly and vocally discussing this topic on game forums.
Do you guys get a hard-on from discovering such characters/topics, or something?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
ct that to happen again with Rogue Trader, although I wish they were doing something like Fading Suns instead of 40K. 40K is so... meh and is present in so much shovelware that I'm kind of tired of it. I probably wouldn't even be following this if it wasn't Owlcat.
I feel like release of the trailer was more like "hey guys we are alive, and Cyprus company now". Recent wh games got noticeable bump in quality probably due to licensing actually doing their job, or maybe changing whole model.
That would be nice. It's not like I dislike the WHF and WH40K settings, I'm just tired of an endless torrent of garbage with the logo stamped on it.

Thonius

Arcane
That would be nice. It's not like I dislike the WHF and WH40K settings, I'm just tired of an endless torrent of garbage with the logo stamped on it.
Well recent WH games are mediocre and up, no disasters at least I don't know any. Sanctus reach are alright, gothic fleet too, fantasy total wars are great, vermintides are alright for what they are, heard good things about gladius, hired gun is meh to ok. Overall it's good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom