Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Darktide - co-op action from Vermintide devs

Reever

Scholar
Patron
They finally release a Death Korps of Krieg set and they inflate the prices. Why does it always have to be like this with Fatshark? Why can't I just compliment them on something without them pulling a fast one a few days later?

Joyvankek

Learned
They finally release a Death Korps of Krieg set and they inflate the prices. Why does it always have to be like this with Fatshark? Why can't I just compliment them on something without them pulling a fast one a few days later?
This is the type of company they chose to be. Especially after they sold out to Tencent.

randir14

Augur
They didn't even design it correctly, the air hose is missing.

Steve

Augur
The talent trees are a huge improvement, they allow varied playstyles and leveling up feels rewarding as most of the nodes give you significant bonuses. However, most of the other systems are still pretty bad. The map/difficulty selection is RNG, the weapon shop is RNG, crafting is RNG (stats gets rolled on a gun when you buy it so you might have to buy it multiple times to get what you want). Maps lack variety and identity, I can't name a single map or if somebody showed me screenshots of the game I couldn't tell you which missions they were taken from.

It's a shame because the combat is ridiculously fun and completely carries this game, it's like somebody at Fatshark thinks you need these MMOish type RNG carrot on a stick grinds to keep player retention instead of just a fun game, I just think it's off-putting as I have to go through the horrid crafting system every time I want to try a different weapon.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
This game is what happens when the people in charge of monetization have no idea what they're doing. They just took a bunch of random mobile game mechanics intended to extend the game's lifespan and incentivize a cash shop, but had no idea how to combine them.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Stuff:

b5706619483db464bf9a04eb08b4be629952a911.jpeg

Last edited:

Akratus II

Savant
Patron
I started playing again. The game still isn't as good as Vermintide II in my opinion but at least with the latest update the performance is slightly better. Also, I'm loving the Ogryn with a gun build. I was planning on going for the giant anti-air gun but the shotgun-in-the-form-of-a-grenade-launcher, the kickback, has become my darling. I love the stun, cleave and sheer one shot damage of this beastie.

Last edited:

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Stuff! pt.2:

6568af6b40f8669c58835d74_Darktide-Traitor-Curse-Roadmap_Part-2_HD%20(1).png

The Traitor Curse Part 2 includes:

• New Consumables - Stimms: Loot four different Stimms from the field to aid you in the fight against the heretics; restoring health, boosting damage, increasing speed or hasten cooldown regeneration
  • New Weapon Marks: Quartermaster Brunt has new weapon variations available to diversify your playstyle introducing, amongst others, the foldable Munitorum Mk III Sapper Shovel and the Agripinaa Mk XIV Quickdraw Stub Revolver with its fanning technique
  • New Mission - Warren 6-19: explore The Carnival’s back alleys and destroy the Moebian production facilities
  • Time-Limited Combat Encounter: The Karnak Twins have been sighted ambushing strike teams across Tertium
  • Quality of Life: Among several tweaks and fixes brought to the game, we have adjusted the Veteran talent tree based on player feedback to make the keystones quicker to reach
  • Ne - - - REDACTED: Expl - - - ola - - - disp - - - at - - - orr - - -

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom