Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy 1E Fan Supplements

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Way back in 2008 Dark Heresy 1E came out. I was hanging out at DarkReign40k at the time. While there I decided to tackle putting in the Horus Heresy Sisters of Silence as a career path. I had a small team that helped me format the book to look similar to what Black Library used in the original core rulebook. All in all the entire book comes in at 13 pages.

The career path goes from rank 1 up to rank 8. Upon reaching rank 5 people could choose to become a Vigilator, Oblivion Knight, or a Raptor. Part of the rules was the creation of the Untouchable trait. I decided to model it off of the way Black Library did the Psyker trait. The untouchable trait had 6 ranks where as the Sister leveled her null ability became more powerful. I find it to be a better solution to what came in The Radicals Handbook where it was a single level trait that had blanket effects.

Sisters of Silence PDF Download

The next fan supplement I did was Adeptus Astartes. This time I had a full team that helped me with the rules. The book is 82 pages long and covers the following:

• Character Creation
  • Career Advances
  • Chapter Rules
  • Sills and Talents
  • Game Rules
  • Equipment
  • Vehicles
  • Psychology and Tips
  • Notable NPCs
The way we approached space marines was to look at the fluff and decide how we can use it in Dark Heresy. The hardest choice was to decide if and how we would implement their implants. Most marines have all of the implants, so we built them into the career advance system. We also created rules for how to express that implant. Some of them would increase the size of the character while Betcher's Glands would allow the marine to spit acid that did minor damage.

The career path started with the character being a neophyte that had been freshly chosen to become a space marine. They would go into the Scouts then earn the rank of Brother Scout. From there their path branched out into Marines, Chaplain-Novice, Librarium-Sanctionite, and Apprentum. Marines would then become Brother Marines then select their speciality. Their choices were Assault, Tactical, Devastator, and Medicae with each having 3 ranks total. The end of the path would make the marine a sergeant. The other paths had 5 ranks where they ended up as veterans of their speciality.

We modeled every chapter and kept to the fluff on the differences. Like Space Wolves don't have Betcher's Glands and the Sus-an Membrane, but do get the Canis Helix mutation. We also gave certain chapters their unique career paths as they deviate from the Codex Astartes.

The skills and talents section is just an addition of new skills and talents that are tailored specifically to Space Marines.

Under the Game Rules chapter we added special rules for corruption, insanity, and critical damage complete with tables.

The equipment chapter allowed us to expand upon the DH armory quite a bit. A lot of the work we did ended up in the Death Watch RPG. We put in the armor for terminators and standard marines. We added their version of the bolter etc... If it was an iconic Warhammer 40k 4E piece of gear we modeled it.

The vehicles chapter covers the Rhino, Predator base and variants, Razorbacks, Whirlwinds, Vindicator, Land Raiders, and Bikes. Basically it was every ground vehicle that the Space Marines had access to that we put into DH 1E. I believe these stats ended up in the official books. It's nice being the first to do something and having the official stuff use your work.

Psychology and Tips was a chapter dedicated to helping people play as a space marine. We covered the chapters and how they impact a marine's psychology.

The notable NPCs were just random characters that people created using the rules we wrote. A lot of them have great back stories to them.

The last 3 pages of the book is a custom blank character sheet for Space Marine characters. It has everything you would need to play the Space Marine with very little referencing of the core rulebook.

Adeptus Astartes PDF Download

Adeptus Astartes Form Fillable Character Sheet PDF Download

I hope you all enjoy the work that I and my team did in 2008.

Happy New Year

:positive:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom