Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Storm Ground - turn-based tactics with cards

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://www.focus-home.com/en-us/games/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-storm-ground

ss_fcade633688a006b9401b2023c6f178462ea6393.1920x1080.jpg

Focus Home's another try at turn-based Warhammer game. Developed by Gasket Games, new studio founded by ex-Relic devs.

Conquer the Mortal Realms!

Become the commander of one of the extraordinary factions of Warhammer Age of Sigmar - a dark-fantasy universe where immortal knights ride heavenly stardrakes to eradicate Death across a multitude of realms. This is Storm Ground, a world of legends, heroes, hellish creatures and fearsome battles.

Lead your highly-customisable force in this dynamic and spectacular skirmish turn-based strategy game packed with fast-paced warfare. Victories allow you to collect and upgrade new types of units, powerful equipment, and unlock devastating skills.

Explore all the routes in Storm Ground’s non-linear campaign. During each new playthrough, overcome new odds to find unique units and gears. Build your legendary army and defy other players in epic online duels.

• The first strategy videogame adaptation of Games Workshop’s epic Age of Sigmar
  • Spectacular and fast-paced tactical battles
  • Unlock, collect and upgrade dozens of units, equipment and skills
  • Play solo or online in epic 1vs1 battles

Last edited by a moderator:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah not a fan of the AoS lore. Countless videos later and I still don't understand what it's all about. The only good thing about AoS is that it gave us Warcry and Warhammer Underworlds.

Bara

Arcane
I'd have more interest in this if they had the guts to have the campaign being about mortals from the old world tring to survive in the wreckage of the realms instead if the sigies.

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah, I'm confused.

Why the fuck anyone would make a game in this gay ass AOS setting, when old world is still very much alive and popular among gamers - vide Warhammer Total War and Vermintide titles.

LizardWizard

Cipher
Yeah, I'm confused.

Why the fuck anyone would make a game in this gay ass AOS setting, when old world is still very much alive and popular among gamers - vide Warhammer Total War and Vermintide titles.

Games Workshop already revived Warhammer Fantasy after the success WH2. They even hinted at Kislev content

Ebonsword

Arcane
If only it was set in the old world.
AoS is such a pos, the game does not excite me at all.

I'm not a fan of the new Age of Sigmar stuff either. But, come on, it's a skirmish-level, turn-based Warhammer fantasy strategy game. I'm at least willing to give it a shot.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron

I'm not a fan of the new Age of Sigmar stuff either. But, come on, it's a skirmish-level, turn-based Warhammer fantasy Age of Sigmar strategy game. I'm at least willing to give it a shot.

Warhammer fantasy=/=Age of sigmar. This isn't even me being annoyingly pedantic, it's how games workshop themselves have marketed it from the start.

Anyways we will see, the promise of a decent skirmish level wargame is why I'm still vaguely interested. But having it be nothing but sigmarines in the promotional material (save for some poor ghosties about to be roflstomped in the pic) isn't exactly a great first impression.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
gw gonna gw.
they hate profit, good videogames and common sense.

They absolutely LOVE profit, so much that their latest published financial results are like, the best ever. But they sure take some stupid decision sometimes.

And I'm not really surprised they decided to go with a setting they are currently supporting

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The current CEO is much more efficient in making money. The old one antagonized the customer base while he's successfully pretending to be their friend.

Beowulf

Arcane
To be honest games like Warcry and Warhammer Underworlds look decent and interesting and might be fun for people with different degrees of interest into dice chucking combat. It's just that their new designs are not that appealing to me and whenever I see or read about Sigmarines, I lose interest.

It might be just pure nostalgia factor, I really miss the Old World atmosphere and lore.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah not a fan of the AoS lore. Countless videos later and I still don't understand what it's all about.

It's about trademarks and IP.

I know about that, but it's the lore that still eludes me. It feels like someone had a brain fart while piss drunk, then everyone decided that was a grand idea and just ran with it, adding details along the way while high on more than just booze.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I'm not a fan of the new Age of Sigmar stuff either. But, come on, it's a skirmish-level, turn-based Warhammer fantasy strategy game. I'm at least willing to give it a shot.

That's how they get you.

Next thing you know, you'll be buying one of those:
AOStest1.png

I swear, there was a meeting at GW where somebody pitched this and was met with looks of disgust, only to say a single, redeeming phrase that not only got Warhammer Adventures greenlit, but also a promotion and a hefty raise.

"We'll roll this into a (actually successful) mobile game."

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I know about that, but it's the lore that still eludes me. It feels like someone had a brain fart while piss drunk, then everyone decided that was a grand idea and just ran with it, adding details along the way while high on more than just booze.
Agreed. The map also looks like one of those "gamey" maps where all places of interest where located right next to each other with no filler.

lightbane

Arcane
I wonder if it will keep some of the inane rules of AoS.

Ie:
Ancient Dignity: Dragons are ancient and prideful creatures, and the Elves that
ride them are no less haughty, but from such nobility and dignity stems an inner
strength. If, during your entire hero phase, you can maintain a dignified (even
arrogant) composure and not smile, smirk or laugh regardless of your opponent's
antics, you may re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for models in a Dragon Host until
your next hero phase.

orcinator

Liturgist
The only saving grace of AoS is that the MUHREEN faction doesn't actually take center stage like it does in 40k, but I guess the guys behind this video game don't get it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom