Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

warriors of legend

octavius

Arcane
Patron
It's actually one of the next games on my chronological tentative play list once I'm finished with my current party in FRUA.
Not sure if I'm really going to play it though, since "minimal stats and simplistic combat. The huge number of NPCs, [...] adventure-style side quests" is not excactly my cup of tea.
But I'll definitely "research" it a bit and probably at least give it a try.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Combat sucks - it's realtime party based with terrible movement.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It's not even at the level of Legend - Crystals of Trazere, which at least had it's virtues in a appealing chaotic combat and auto attack.
There is no AI. Each combatant moves needs player input.

Sucks

Saxon1974

Prophet
Hmm, doesn't sound too promising then, will most likely ignore it. I found the add for it in my old "Spirit of Excalibur" box, I wonder if its built with the same engine.

I can sometimes handle crap combat if the world is interesting so lots of NPCs and adventure style quests might be fun for me.

Gotta play Spirit of Excalibur first though, had the box forever but never did play it.

mondblut

Arcane
Spirit and Vengeance of Excalibur use the same engine as the late Mike Singleton's War in Middle Earth. Same hybrid of sidescrolling point and click adventure with very light RPG elements and lite wargame. Can't say Warriors of Legend struck me as anything similar. If anything, it felt to me not dissimilar to that old Conan (semi)RPG.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Spirit of Excalibur has a sequel - Vengeance of Excalibur, if you're into that. What i saw of that game (never bothered to learn to play it properly alas), was that it has the 'illusion' of strategy on the early levels. The 'illusion' because it has a time limit, much like Star Control 2, aggravated by the fact that the rampaging hordes are really out to kill you, and you don't have a army (at least in the early stages) - so you need to solve the puzzles to armies and alies ASAP.

I really want to play it again though. And it looks like they should be very cool games for a LP, with the right Codexer of course.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Agassi, aka Black Cat would you consider LP'ing these games? There are sorceress and demons there. It has Nineve (Nimue) and Morgan L'Fay (granted, you're supposed to perforate her).

Cool name

Arcane
@ SCO: I did always want to play those two games to the end. I do love how they look. They are beautiful. Yet I never did. Presently I do have my hands full with Reunion and Hardnova. I will install the first one to see how much do I remember and how much work would a Let's Play mean. If I do try to make a Let's Play I will do it once I do finish with Hardnova.

I am as honored by the trust shown as I am grateful for the suggestion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom