Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warriors

Busses

Novice
Is there a way to get your own warriors, without giving your slaves armour and weapons?
Thanks for any help.

Wolf Mittag

Wolf Mittag Software Development
Developer
Hello Busses,
well, you could give a valuable present (e.g. a new sword) to a free man, in a bid for his friendship. If later on you got into a fight with somebody else, and he'd witness that, he would then join that fight on your side (provided it's not against his own people). What's even better, if he has any slaves, these would join your side as well.

But of course that wouldn't make him your henchman. Right now, the only way of acquiring henchmen would indeed be to set your slaves free and arm them. (I ought to implement something like, when you've reached a certain level of fame, people would offer to become your henchmen.)

Busses

Novice
Thanks ill give that a go, and the fame idea sounds great it would be cool if they followed you when you travelled so you had extra strength against robbers. Still great game :D

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Yes, but they won't fight with weapons. Considering that women have on average 15 to 20% less physical strength than men do, they'd get killed right away if they tried to fight a male warrior on your behalf.

Instead they'll do a more sensible thing: They'll bless you, and curse your opponents. (And since success in physical combat strongly depends on courage and confidence, this is pretty effective.)

Tude

Novice
Wolf Mittag said:
Considering that women...

HOW EXCITING!
I do not know, perhaps it might be good to make a "Demo-Section", so the full-Version-Players do not get disturbed?
Talking about the Demo:
While being bored and not knowing what to to, I gave my Slave the Freedom (and a Dress, even Gold-jewelry, just to have Fun, probably did not make much sense in the Demo) - Anyway Well - I LOVE coming home, she is SO GRATEFUL everytime, after having some Rounds I was so concerned that I even considered treating my Husband nicer nowadays !
:P :P :P
(of course just joking!!! But still this is a thing, where I say, those developers thought OF SO NICE THINGS!!! And now to find out it even might help in future!!!??? Oh GREAT!)

There are still a lot more nice, perhaps stupid things to do whithin the Demo, where I wonder, if... But as I said, we should make a Difference between the Demo- and Full- or heartfully-enjoyingshly(did I make this word up???)- or straight-hardcore-Players?

Tude

Wolf Mittag

Developer
Hello Tude, it's true that this forum is no very orderly place, with postings about my latest fantasy rpg "DARGHUL" splattered everywhere in between, postings about Teutonic history, general RPG considerations, specific Teudogar gaming features, some about the Demo and some about the Full Version, and so on: In a way, I like this disorder, since it encourages everyone to post their thoughts, suggestions and opionions, even people who haven't played Teudogar at all yet: I think this contributes to making this forum more lively, varied and fun - so I fear splitting this up or imposing stricter topic discipline might reduce that.

As to these smaller, often hidden gaming features, I'm happy to see you enjoy these! (Though there's usually a limit to how deep they go.) The problem is that the amount of programming work rises exponentially with every additional layer of detail one adds. What I find really helpful about this forum is when people tell me what particular aspects of the game they enjoy most (or care about least), and what features they'd most urgently want to see deepend/extended: I'll then do some additional work on these things (and will spend less time on other aspects that people seem to appreciate less). Thanks for your posting!

Anonymous

Wolf Mittag I completely gotta agree with you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom