Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Was Fallout 76 a small slip or it will impact future of Bethesda?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
IMO it was only a small slip, they wanted to get out a multiplayer Fallout based on Fallout 4 and this is what has happened.
Starfield might be also an experiment in a little kind of a different game, but they should be back right on the track with Elder Scrolls VI.

Molina

Savant
IMO it was only a small slip, they wanted to get out a multiplayer Fallout based on Fallout 4 and this is what has happened.
Starfield might be also an experiment in a little kind of a different game, but they should be back right on the track with Elder Scrolls VI.
Of course it'll be much better. In 2050 Todd will be retired.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I think it's opened the door for more mainstream criticism as the audience have started growing up, which will not be immediately devastating for Bethesda, but will affect them long-term as the popularity of their games suffer.

Sacibengala

Prophet
They lost their monopoly of open world games. That was their advantage for still using outdated engine in new games. Now that they need to spend resources to create new tecnologies, they are struggling. They don't even wants to spend money in marketing their new games, like rage 2 and the new chicks wolfenstein, even when their only cutting edge tecnology is in the hands of Id software.

thesecret1

Arcane
Sadly, there are enough Bethesdrones that it'll take a few more flops for Bethesda to finally become Bioware 2.0 and die. Still, F76 was a promising start, let's hope they keep it up and deliver even worse garbage for TESVI.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
It’s going to have an impact. A lot of my friends who loved Bethesda games before were soured by Fallout 4 but gave 76 a chance. And of them, most hated it and now are saying they won’t buy the next Bethesda game unless someone they know has similar taste to them says it’s better.

Dodo1610

Arcane
It tarnished their reputation a lot. Fallout 4 was a huge hit but it was no longer seen as a perfect game by the mainstream like their previous titles. Fallout 76 was a huge commercial and critical flop, it sold less than Skyrim at launch. Yes, I know it still sold a few million copies but Beth must have expected a number that was a lot higher than they got. I have no doubt that with F76 huge marketing budget Beth has lost a lot of money on F76. Which makes it harder for them to innovate in areas where they are already lacking behind like graphics and QA.

The best thing about F76 is that it proved that brands no longer matter as much as they used to. A few years ago Fallout 76 would have still been a commercial success but in the age of Twitch, it has become much harder to sell a turd like Fallout 76.

PsychoFox

Educated
Sorry to break it to you my dude but i'm willing to bet good money on there never being a good Fallout game every again (and by that i mean a fallout game that keeps the fallout tradition). BS Games doesn't care about Fallout per se. They just want to monetize the iconography as much as possible.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sorry to break it to you my dude but i'm willing to bet good money on there never being a good Fallout game every again (and by that i mean a fallout game that keeps the fallout tradition). BS Games doesn't care about Fallout per se. They just want to monetize the iconography as much as possible.

I disagree. We regularly get good Fallout games.

Just not from the owners of the franchise.

Fallout: Ressurection
Fallout of Nevada

Soon: Fallout: Sonora

There are still things to look forward too. And Bethesda? Screw them.

kain30

Cipher
I wish i see the day when shitthesda close. Announcing it in a video with Todd Howard in tears.. that will fill me up with such delight...

FeelTheRads

Arcane
8jiieVWO_o.png

Deal with it nerds.

Generic-Giant-Spider

You guys must really be crying yourselves to sleep at night knowing Bethesda is still on top of the gaming industry. Starfield will be a hit and the next TES game will break records. Deal with it nerds.

Is... is this a heel turn?!

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I was actually surprised that Fallout: 76 was received so badly. Amazed me because Bethesda fans are so damn loyal. Anyways, I hope it wasn't an indicator of the Bethesda series. I don't mind their TES games because of how well it's modded up. I didn't even both with Fallout: 4 because of the talking NPC.

Dodo1610

Arcane
You guys must really be crying yourselves to sleep at night knowing Bethesda is still on top of the gaming industry. Starfield will be a hit and the next TES game will break records. Deal with it nerds.

They said the same thing about Bioware and yet Andromeda and Anthem were not successful.

Last edited:

Falksi

Arcane
Both with Biowank & Bethestard, they're ticking over nicely coz the copy-paste mong buck is keeping them treading water. But it's true to say that even the mongtards are catching on to their mongyness now.

I think both companies will continue to tread water, until a shift in trends & another CDPR or similar arises to sink them.

The audience is still spending it's cash, but only because few genuinely good, well-known alternatives exit. As TW3 showed, it doesn't take much for folk to jump ship.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom