Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 1 released to Wasteland 2 backers, available on Steam and GOG

TripJack

Hedonist
DarkUnderlord when are you going to send me and the other fags that helped fund your dong statue our steem keys?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
All I have at the Ranger Center is a button that lets me claim one key.

There's also nothing in the KickStarter offer that said everyone who donated via the Codex would get an original Wasteland key.

TripJack

Hedonist

There's also nothing in the KickStarter offer that said everyone who donated via the Codex would get an original Wasteland key.
this is an outrage :cry:

Dermi

Novice
Brother None

Some guy over at Something Awful asked this:

Apologies if this has been asked I haven't been keeping up: if you gave your life savings to Obsidian and got Wasteland 2 with your tier do you get the Wasteland 1 rerelease?

torment portal>account>donations>Buttons to redeem gog or steam key

What does Torment portal has to do with Project Eternity backers?
if you got the 45$ TToN+WL2 tier during torment ks

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Obviously it means you should redeem the GOG DRM-free version and distribute it between codexers on your own, through TPB. ;-)

Dermi

Novice
What does Torment portal has to do with Project Eternity backers?
if you got the 45$ TToN+WL2 tier during torment ks

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wasteland 2 was also an option during Project Eternity Kickstarter campaign and the guy quoted by Sensuki asks specifically for this. Apparently he backed PE during OEI Kickstarter and not necessarily any inXile kickstarters, so any options related to redeeming code through Ranger Center or Torment portal do not apply to him.
Personally I don't care that much since I've backed all three and already redeemed W1 on GOG, but telling Project Eternity backer to log in to Torment portal seems... weird.

Infinitron: Like I said, I don't care about solely PE backers getting W1 copy, was just pointing out some inconsistencies in Chaotic_Heretic's reply.

Dexter

Arcane
I tried it, played it a bit till I ended up in some sort of farming village offering me colored bottles as a reward for saving them and got to the end of a corridor with tomatoes being thrown at me where there was loot. Then suddenly the game hung up and I had to Alt+F4 out of it.
I think this might be a little bit too "retro/dated" for my tastes though.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Ooh, just turned it on and there's Morgan music! Very cool. But... hey, Brother None is this music lifted from WL2 or was it created specifically for this reboot of WL1? Because if it's from WL2 I don't want to get sick of it before actually playing WL2. Also, is there any way to customize sounds? I couldn't find a menu and I'd really like to turn the beeping off.

Zetor

Arcane
Yep. I have the original PC version, and this one is pretty much identical (except for the 'enhancements'). I assume the PC-exclusive 'Combat Shooting' skill is still useless, too!

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Hey Bros, just logged in into my Ranger Center to grab the game ... and my reward tier says i am going to get 2 digital copies of Wasteland 2 (along with boxed copy). I am on 50 tier. Was there any wierd upgrade? Inxile is showering me with rewards.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey Bros, just logged in into my Ranger Center to grab the game ... and my reward tier says i am going to get 2 digital copies of Wasteland 2 (along with boxed copy). I am on 50 tier. Was there any wierd upgrade? Inxile is showering me with rewards.

Yes, 30$ tier and above gets two digital copies of Wasteland 2. inXile may have been a bit too generous back then.

The Gift thread is going to go crazy when this game is released.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012

Yes, 30$ tier and above gets two digital copies of Wasteland 2. inXile may have been a bit too generous back then.

The Gift thread is going to go crazy when this game is released.
Your're right, 30$ says "extra copy". While 50$ says "One digital copy and one full LARGE BOXED COPY". I would let them go with that, but daaaam - one moar sweet copy.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why 2 instead of one in addition to a boxed copy??? That's pretty weird.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, honestly I tried it out with the new settings but the lack of animations was a deal-breaker for me. How the fuck is THAT a trade off? Seriously?! Hey we got rid of the really amazing and interesting animations for this ridiculous smoothed-out-pretendin' like our roots ain't showin' bullshit.

Also: Some of those "textbook fixes" are not fixed. :mad:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom