Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Gameplay Footage at Gamescom 2015, plus more Divinity

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brother None; Divinity: Original Sin; InXile Entertainment; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke; Wasteland 2

I was beginning to think that Gamescom would be over and done with without us having gotten any glimpse of the Wasteland 2 Director's Cut on video, but today, a Belgian site by the name of PlayStation Clan uploaded a recording of their session with the game. Narrated by Thomas "Brother None" Beekers, the demonstration is the longest and most detailed footage of the Director's Cut that we've gotten yet. Despite its focus on explaining the game's console-specific features, it also manages to showcase some of the improvements made to encounter, loot and also area design.

As an added bonus, here's another 25 minutes of Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, this time on IGN, narrated once again by Swen Vincke.

That Eurogamer "exclusive" wasn't exclusive for very long.

lurker3000

Arcane
xEjKH7x.gif

The camera still sucks. You could implement much better angles and zoom points with that engine. Just letting the player to zoom and pan as she wishes would do the trick for most part. And automatically moving around the camera when everyone is placed next to each other is simply stupid. The camera should move automatically only when the movement is not otherwise visible.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
BN should practise giving speeches more, the 'eh' every 2 seconds was very annoying to listen to - almost like listening to an interview of a football player:p

Ramireza

Savant
Sorry, but the new running animations of W2:EE looking terrble. WTH?

Self-Ejected

vivec

Self-Ejected
The only enhanced edition I want to see for D:OS is where the writing is less idiotic and AI is severely better. It is already a good GAME as it is. Seriously, though, as this is Not about to happen anytime soon, I am not excited about this.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
If someone is interested, I've stopped the video for a while and wrote down what different traits do:

animal husbandry: 2x bonus from whispered followers, ???? flaws (it's written that way in the game)

ascetic: 5 skill points and 1 attribute point bonus at the start, can't equip trinkets.

brittle bones: +2 action points, -?? combat speed.

delayed gratification: +1 skill point each level up after level 10, -1 skill point each level up before level 11.

disparnumerophobia: +2 to all atributes on even numbered character levels, -2 to all attributes on odd-numbered character levels.

fainting goat: whenever an enemy scores a critical hit upon you, there's a 35% chance that you will faint, causing that hit to miss. while fainting, you get to the bottom of the combat order (not sure about this one being 100% precise).

heavy handed: +15% to all blunt, bladed and brawling attacks, -?? to the critical chance.

manic depressive: attributes change +1/-1 randomly each 10-15 minutes.

opportunist: +25% damage against any target that has less than 50% CON, -25% damage against any target that has more than 50% con.

Last edited:

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer

Oh, crap, before level 11. So 2-10 is 1, but afterwards it's 3.

ed: oh, wait, somehow I've misremembered that it's 2 skillpoints per level - mixed it with D:OS, ofc. Anyhow, it gives you +10 skillpoints over 30 levels.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The only enhanced edition I want to see for D:OS is where the writing is less idiotic and AI is severely better.

They're literally doing this.

If your expectation is that they significantly change the plot or remove humor, yeah, that's never happening.

Drowed

Arcane
/\ Yeah, this. And to be honest, I like Larian "humor style". But I can see that it's not for everyone.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Of course they don't, most people didn't even want to play it on the pc.

That's why I was asking. I can't really understand why they would undertake the development of a supposedly "Enhanced Edition" with console limitations/interface design in mind.

It seems to become a trend amongst 'oldschool indie rpg devs', but at least Divinity looks like decent fun, and not absolute shit.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
That's why I was asking. I can't really understand why they would undertake the development of a supposedly "Enhanced Edition" with console limitations/interface design in mind.

It seems to become a trend amongst 'oldschool indie rpg devs', but at least Divinity looks like decent fun, and not absolute shit.
Fargo will try to chase them dollars wherever they might be, also you get to keep sea and bn doing something useful instead of trying to get autographs from the torment development team.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The key to understanding Kem0sabe is to realize what's constantly going through his mind - "I'm a super-cool dude who lives in paradise with his cute wife, and all you Kickstarter RPG devs are TOTAL LOSERS!"

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected

Console gamers just part easily with their money. A game like WL2 might not sell loads but will sell anyway just because of PA theme and low cost

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The key to understanding Kem0sabe is to realize what's constantly going through his mind - "I'm a super-cool dude who lives in paradise with his cute wife, and all you Kickstarter RPG devs are TOTAL LOSERS!"
It amuses me when people still take very seriously what I say about wasteland 2 and inxile in general, I thought that by this point most codexers would realize I'm just acting like a dick... But not always, I still think wasteland 2 is a rather banal boring rpg.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom