Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Crooked Bee, Mar 13, 2012.

1. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    that wasn't posted when I typed my post, plus:
    There is no such feature on the account upgrade form.

^ Top  
  2. Syril Liturgist Queued

Syril
    Not saying it would be bad, just those who expect another Fallout would be dissapointed.

^ Top  
  3. toro Arcane

toro
    Yep. You are correct about this.

^ Top  
  4. Ausir Arcane

Ausir
    RPG Codex should be a bunch of crazies with Rocket Propelled Grenades.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. toro Arcane

toro
    I know now :)

^ Top  
  6. FaChoi Educated

FaChoi
    Nearly $300k 1/3rd of the way!

Codex might get some statue dolla if the jewgold meter is reinstated

^ Top  
  7. TalesfromtheCrypt Arcane

TalesfromtheCrypt
    300k gentlemen :salute:

^ Top  
  8. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Can we get a running tally of the Codex pledged amount in the first post? If it's close to getting the statue-level then I'll chip in -- otherwise I'll just go solo for my own loots!

^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    The only thing the "haters" said was that it wasn't going to get more donations than Schafer's adventure game.

^ Top  
  10. Shannow Waster of Time

Shannow
    300000$ :salute:
    I expect at least 450k$ when I wake up tomorrow morning.

Also: Suggestion for a Codex location:
    Basement of an amusement park at the edge of the Great Fault (broken codex troll would be at the entrance). It's filled with degenerate muties that consider themselves the original Vault Dwellers. Other NPCs refer to them as basement dwellers.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. HanoverF Arcane Patron

HanoverF
    MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Didn't Fargo originally want 2 mil? I don't think it'll have trouble hitting 900,000, but it's not gonna have the meteoric rise Double Fine got. Fargo and InXile just don't have the same cachet as Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine.

Anyone know how the Wasteland 2 pitch ranks in terms of amount of $'s requested?

^ Top  
  12. hoverdog dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive Developer

hoverdog
    Project: Eternity
    Updated my Knotalt.txt

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. shihonage Subscribe to my OnlyFans Patron

shihonage
    Bubbles In Memoria
    Message to the reader of this thread in year 2022:

First of all, congratulations on being privileged enough to gain access to remnants of ArpaNET.

Isn't it funny how the Codex has shifted from being a site about games, a luxury barely remembered, to more of a Craigslist for potato giveaways in low-rad areas?

Doesn't it all seem so rose-tinted and careless now, the giddy excitement for a game that was meant to portray what is now a cruel reality?

You must go now, stranger. The ArpaNET archive is a fascinating place, a faint reminder of what used to be - but nothing new ever happens here. Save the electricity. No power - no air filtering - no vault.

Shut it off now and get some sleep. Sink into the dreams of a better world you just saw. Rest. You must be alert when the rats come.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  14. MMXI Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

MMXI
    Indeed. This is what I said. I'm definitely not a "hater" and I still believe this will fall short of Double Fine's $3,000,000. Having said that, I don't see this as a problem as it's budgeted at $1,000,000, which I think it'll achieve.

^ Top  
  15. hiver Guest

hiver
    34% funded at 306,000 and change.
    10 hours in.

- Syril is talking out of his ass, as usual.

^ Top  
  16. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    Chipped in for the statue :salute:

^ Top  
  17. toro Arcane

toro
    They should have started it after DoubleFine pledge was over, cause it seems that they got +200.000$ in the last hours. And at least a part of that money could have gone to Fargo.
    But this also means that there will probably be a donation rush before the end of this pledge. If it happened for DoubleFine, it will probably happen for Wasteland too.

Also there still are 9 positions open for pledges over 5000$.

^ Top  
  18. Abraxas Scholar Patron

Abraxas
    Codex 2012 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
    Just donated $20 for that statue or whatever it is in the end, I want a bit of the Codex in the game.

^ Top  
  19. Johannes Arcane

Johannes
    :hearnoevil:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    On the contrary, it's a good idea to have many eyes looking at Kickstarter at the moment you start your own project. When somebody arrives to donate or upgrade their pledge to DF at the last minute, they'll notice Wasteland 2.

^ Top  
  21. Azalin Arcane Patron

Azalin
    Someone should send this image to Fargo

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 11
    ^ Top  
  22. MaskedMan very cool Patron

MaskedMan
    Pledged 115$ to kickstarter and 10$ to the statue. Had to cancell my dumbass impulse buy 5itman and Max BRBR 3 preorders to afford it so it's fucking win win. :thumbsup: Say no to popamoles!

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  23. CSM Cipher Patron

CSM
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    As if people who enjoy Fallout 1 & 2 care primarily about power-armors, the specific role-playing engine or shooting body parts.

If it has an immersive world, good writing, some choice & consequence and fun, tactical combat, people will be perfectly happy.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. Denim Demon Educated

Denim Demon
    Project: Eternity
    Just spend some of my superior euro-dollars for that statue thingie. Codex doing its own mini-crowd-funding to support some old-school RPG gaming is pretty cool.

^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Endorsed by CliffyB. Wasteland 2 has much love from Epic.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.