Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #39: Beta Coming Next Week

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

For real this time? The latest Wasteland 2 Kickstarter update reports:

Hello Rangers,

We’ve been hard at work on the backer beta, working through some last niggling blocker bugs to get it ready for you, and kept you updated on @wasteland2beta and the Wasteland 2 tumblr. To catch you up: it’s almost ready: We’re fully on track to put it in your hands next week!

As we’ve said before, the initial beta rollout is the first four major areas, the associated COPS maps (smaller maps), the world map and its random encounters, and character creation. As the beta progresses, we’ll roll out more areas, though we do plan to hold LA back for spoiler reasons. We’ll have more details on the beta such as remaining known issues next week, when we launch it.

We did want to let you all know that when the beta launches we will be pulling the add-on options from the Wasteland 2 store. If you want to add any of those to your existing pledge – or if you want to be able to jump in on the beta at its launch – this week will be your last chance to do so!

With all late backer donations, we manually import pledge data roughly every 2-3 weeks, but we will ensure the database is up to date when the beta launches. The digital-only pre-order options will remain available though we may pull them too in the not too distant future, somewhere in time and space. Existing backers will still be able to upgrade, so as a backer you’ll still be able to move into a higher tier and get access to the beta later, it just won’t be available as an add-on.

We’re also progressing in other procedural matters as we get closer to beta. We’ve been testing both Steam distribution and the use of our CenterCode bug reporting site with a limited group of external testers, and both are looking good. CenterCode in particular will be instrumental to a successful backer beta run, it allows for bug reports to go directly into our system, so we can quickly and efficiently handle duplicates and assign bugs to the responsible developer. For our backers, it offers an easy-to-use, simple website that gives you direct access to providing us with not just bug reports, but also general feedback and suggestions. Depending on how things go we may launch the CenterCode site before the beta is out, to give you time to register, provide your PC info and get familiar with the site.

Keep an eye on our twitter or tumblr for more news, and expect more updates soon.
Oh, and besides that, there's also this portrait of an "old friend" from the original Wasteland:

Yipe.

hexer

So it's either the Night Terror or the Spineless Ghoul from Darwin. The portrait looks so cool. Who knows if they did one for the Radiation Angel?

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I can't wait!!... I can't wait!!!... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!... I CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Brian, please don't crush my cRPG Renaissance dreams.

I'm OK now, really :oops:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
This is just fucking great. I'm on evening shift next week.

Has that portrait become an avatar yet?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I have ten consecutive days off for Xmas and this timing is so oh so oh so ohhhhhh, I'm really excite.

norolim

Arcane
Oh, next week is going to be so exciting...
...to sit and watch the gargantuan butthurt unfold here on the Codex :)

Goegoff

Educated

We did want to let you all know that when the beta launches we will be pulling the add-on options from the Wasteland 2 store. If you want to add any of those to your existing pledge – or if you want to be able to jump in on the beta at its launch – this week will be your last chance to do so!

I don't get this. Do they have too much money?
A person goes on twitch, a person sees Wasteland 2 streamed, a person wants to play it too, but that person can't buy it. Why?
Just to illustrate: Planetary Annihilation's kickstarter ended with ~8k alpha accesses sold. Since it's alpha launch in July (and beta a couple of days ago) I've seen it streamed regularly. It now has ~14k beta players.
I'm not saying that there's a direct correlation there, but why chance it out?

if you want to be able to jump in on the beta at its launch
Or is this the relevant bit, and I'm completely hyperbolic?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I don't get this. Do they have too much money?
A person goes on twitch, a person sees Wasteland 2 streamed, a person wants to play it too, but that person can't buy it. Why?
Just to illustrate: Planetary Annihilation's kickstarter ended with ~8k alpha accesses sold. Since it's alpha launch in July (and beta a couple of days ago) I've seen it streamed regularly. It now has ~14k beta players.
I'm not saying that there's a direct correlation there, but why chance it out?

if you want to be able to jump in on the beta at its launch
Or is this the relevant bit, and I'm completely hyperbolic?

They're talking about removing the beta add-on for Kickstarter backers, not the option to buy the game itself with beta access.

The game will eventually be on Steam Early Access anyway, so...

hexer

Why? Avellone tweeted that the game feels like playing Fallout 1 and 2.

Bethesda's Fallout fans might get a butthurt though. Hehe

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

Why? Avellone tweeted that the game feels like playing Fallout 1 and 2.
But did he say how it compared to Fallout in terms of quality? Because "feels like playing Fallout 1 and 2" means you run around in a top-down view doing quests and fighting turn-based battles which doesn't really tell anything we didn't know already.

hexer

But did he say how it compared to Fallout in terms of quality? Because "feels like playing Fallout 1 and 2" means you run around in a top-down view doing quests and fighting turn-based battles which doesn't really tell anything we didn't know already.

These were his exact words.

The RPG God said:
Spent #BlackFriday playing Wasteland 2 Beta. Blood Sausage'd in 5 min b/c I thought I was a Hard Ass. I wasn't. Loving it.

The RPG God said:
Wasteland 2 Beta feels like I'm playing the old Fallout 1 and 2 games again, but w/ more char customization options. Love the skills, too.

The RPG God said:
Man, Wasteland 2 doesn't ignore Wasteland 1. Nostalgia fest in the 1st hour of the beta, seeing many familiar names. Nice nod to history.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

These were his exact words.

The RPG God said:
Spent #BlackFriday playing Wasteland 2 Beta. Blood Sausage'd in 5 min b/c I thought I was a Hard Ass. I wasn't. Loving it.

The RPG God said:
Wasteland 2 Beta feels like I'm playing the old Fallout 1 and 2 games again, but w/ more char customization options. Love the skills, too.

The RPG God said:
Man, Wasteland 2 doesn't ignore Wasteland 1. Nostalgia fest in the 1st hour of the beta, seeing many familiar names. Nice nod to history.
I thought you were Crispy the entire time. Whoa.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom