Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #39: Beta Coming Next Week

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Infinitron, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 2

For real this time? The latest Wasteland 2 Kickstarter update reports:

Hello Rangers,

We’ve been hard at work on the backer beta, working through some last niggling blocker bugs to get it ready for you, and kept you updated on @wasteland2beta and the Wasteland 2 tumblr. To catch you up: it’s almost ready: We’re fully on track to put it in your hands next week!

As we’ve said before, the initial beta rollout is the first four major areas, the associated COPS maps (smaller maps), the world map and its random encounters, and character creation. As the beta progresses, we’ll roll out more areas, though we do plan to hold LA back for spoiler reasons. We’ll have more details on the beta such as remaining known issues next week, when we launch it.

We did want to let you all know that when the beta launches we will be pulling the add-on options from the Wasteland 2 store. If you want to add any of those to your existing pledge – or if you want to be able to jump in on the beta at its launch – this week will be your last chance to do so!

With all late backer donations, we manually import pledge data roughly every 2-3 weeks, but we will ensure the database is up to date when the beta launches. The digital-only pre-order options will remain available though we may pull them too in the not too distant future, somewhere in time and space. Existing backers will still be able to upgrade, so as a backer you’ll still be able to move into a higher tier and get access to the beta later, it just won’t be available as an add-on.

We’re also progressing in other procedural matters as we get closer to beta. We’ve been testing both Steam distribution and the use of our CenterCode bug reporting site with a limited group of external testers, and both are looking good. CenterCode in particular will be instrumental to a successful backer beta run, it allows for bug reports to go directly into our system, so we can quickly and efficiently handle duplicates and assign bugs to the responsible developer. For our backers, it offers an easy-to-use, simple website that gives you direct access to providing us with not just bug reports, but also general feedback and suggestions. Depending on how things go we may launch the CenterCode site before the beta is out, to give you time to register, provide your PC info and get familiar with the site.

Keep an eye on our twitter or tumblr for more news, and expect more updates soon.
    Oh, and besides that, there's also this portrait of an "old friend" from the original Wasteland:

[​IMG]

Yipe.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    nevar forget!

^ Top  
  3. hexer Guest

hexer
    So it's either the Night Terror or the Spineless Ghoul from Darwin. The portrait looks so cool. Who knows if they did one for the Radiation Angel?

^ Top  
  4. MicoSelva Prestigious Gentleman The House Always Wins Patron

MicoSelva
    Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    So that's what a grown up E.T. looks like. Good thing he phoned home and left.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. SophosTheWise Arbiter

SophosTheWise
    Just donated. Welp, I hope my donation is being processed fast. Don't want to miss out.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I can't wait!!... I can't wait!!!... I CAN'T WAIT!!!!... I CAN'T WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Show Spoiler

Brian, please don't crush my cRPG Renaissance dreams.

I'm OK now, really :oops:

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    ^ Top  
  7. MapMan Arcane

MapMan
    Shit graphix.

^ Top  
  8. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    ... because that so important... :roll:

^ Top  
  9. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    You're too easy to bait, mindx2 ;)

^ Top  
  10. SuicideBunny (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

SuicideBunny
    Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
    quick, somebody tell rps! they absolutely need to report about this!

^ Top  
  11. undecaf Arcane Patron

undecaf
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This is just fucking great. I'm on evening shift next week.

Has that portrait become an avatar yet?

^ Top  
  12. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    :oops:

I certainly use this emote a lot around here, don't I?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. TwinkieGorilla does a good job. Patron

TwinkieGorilla
    Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I have ten consecutive days off for Xmas and this timing is so oh so oh so ohhhhhh, I'm really excite.

^ Top  
  14. norolim Cipher

norolim
    Oh, next week is going to be so exciting...
    ...to sit and watch the gargantuan butthurt unfold here on the Codex :)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Goegoff Educated

Goegoff
    I don't get this. Do they have too much money?
    A person goes on twitch, a person sees Wasteland 2 streamed, a person wants to play it too, but that person can't buy it. Why?
    Just to illustrate: Planetary Annihilation's kickstarter ended with ~8k alpha accesses sold. Since it's alpha launch in July (and beta a couple of days ago) I've seen it streamed regularly. It now has ~14k beta players.
    I'm not saying that there's a direct correlation there, but why chance it out?

Show Spoiler
    Or is this the relevant bit, and I'm completely hyperbolic?

^ Top  
  16. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    They're talking about removing the beta add-on for Kickstarter backers, not the option to buy the game itself with beta access.

The game will eventually be on Steam Early Access anyway, so...

^ Top  
  17. hexer Guest

hexer
    Why? Avellone tweeted that the game feels like playing Fallout 1 and 2.

Bethesda's Fallout fans might get a butthurt though. Hehe

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    This is the Codex. There will always be butthurt.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  19. FeelTheRads Arcane Patron

FeelTheRads
    This. I can only hope my butthurt is of the pleasurable kind. :codexisfor:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  20. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    But did he say how it compared to Fallout in terms of quality? Because "feels like playing Fallout 1 and 2" means you run around in a top-down view doing quests and fighting turn-based battles which doesn't really tell anything we didn't know already.

^ Top  
  21. norolim Cipher

norolim
    Because the Codex.

^ Top  
  22. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Maybe some people remember that gameplay demo that was meant to showcase their absolute best design.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. hexer Guest

hexer
    These were his exact words.

^ Top  
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  25. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    I thought you were Crispy the entire time. Whoa.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.