Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Project Update: Vision Document

Duckard

Augur
It sounds amazing, but I want to know more. A lot of this was just a more structured explanation of what we already know.Looking through it, I hope they don't sacrifice too much depth for breadth. All this talk of riding hovertanks and customizable weapons is making me fear that.

We want to use it to provide a deep narrative experience, and we’ll have a strong conversation system to support it – you can type in keywords as part of your arsenal to unlock secrets and text fragments… paying attention to the world and key words can often create new paths in a conversation or give you new clues, hints, and even passwords to unlock new areas for you to explore.

Am I dreaming? If they're not using dialogue choice conversation system, the butthurt will be hilarious.

Stinger

Arcane
I guess I'd have liked more examples in game (and maybe screenshots? or is that too early) but the new Wallpaper is fucking sweet and the vision document says everything I'd want to hear.

Lots of fapping

:love:
FSAF2.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It sounds amazing, but I want to know more. A lot of this was just a more structured explanation of what we already know.Looking through it, I hope they don't sacrifice too much depth for breadth. All this talk of riding hovertanks and customizable weapons is making me fear that.

We want to use it to provide a deep narrative experience, and we’ll have a strong conversation system to support it – you can type in keywords as part of your arsenal to unlock secrets and text fragments… paying attention to the world and key words can often create new paths in a conversation or give you new clues, hints, and even passwords to unlock new areas for you to explore.

Am I dreaming? If they're not using dialogue choice conversation system, the butthurt will be hilarious.

They said "can" type in keywords, not "must" type in keywords. See: Fallout

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some part of me keeps waiting for the hammer blow that makes this into a giant trainwreck somehow but it seems at least they are genuinely working in the right direction.

Possible hammer blows:

1) Bugs (no money for QA)
2) Smaller/shorter game than people will expect (no money to make it bigger)

hiver

only bugs...

even if they make a shorter lasting game - which wouldnt be a completely bad idea - there are mod tools and there is expansions.

Stinger

Arcane
I'm expecting it to be as long as Fallout 1, if it ends up being longer then that's just gravy.

And of course mod tools and expansions would be awesome too.

hiver

a mysterious broadcast whispering in Russian, a rapidfire Morse code signal, or the staccato of insane cult-speak hammered out on the radio…

luuuuve this soooo much.... ay! ayyyaayayaayyy!

nihil

Augur
Project: Eternity
All of it sounds fantastic. This is my most anticipated game in a long time.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Some part of me keeps waiting for the hammer blow that makes this into a giant trainwreck somehow but it seems at least they are genuinely working in the right direction.

Possible hammer blows:

1) Bugs (no money for QA)
2) Smaller/shorter game than people will expect (no money to make it bigger)
3) Awful balance

Yeah, or lack of polish in general (no money for playtesting)

Although the public beta (for Kickstarter pledgers anyway) will help mitigate that

1. Bugs, well hopefully it won't have much, but even if it does, there are patches, and frankly I'd rather it has bugs and is overall a good game that I've been waiting for years, than a polished boring turd (read Diablo 3).
2. I don't think the game will be small, because in the vision document he mentions hundreds of NPCs with which you can interact, and I don't think he's lying. Even if it is shorter than expected there are expansion packs etc.
3. See 1. + What Infinitron said

:bounce:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
a mysterious broadcast whispering in Russian, a rapidfire Morse code signal, or the staccato of insane cult-speak hammered out on the radio…

luuuuve this soooo much.... ay! ayyyaayayaayyy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UVB-76

[edit]

Pity hiver will never see this. I scored a critical hurt on his butt yet, having been told off by BC, his white knight syndrome prohibits him from retorting with anything but his ignore list.

Having reached his ignore list before being photoshopped into his human centipede, I hereby declare myself winner of our blood vendetta.
troll-slayer.jpg

VICTORY IS MINE!

FUDU

Arcane
They say on the commercials, that if you still have a boner after 4 hours, you should go to the hospital.

I need to go to the hospital.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
3) Awful balance

this will be rectified on the gunz front and regarding mobs via modding quite readily I'd expect

as for skills, if there isn't a thread about that I will probably insist on comparable levels between all skill checks with a strongly worded post and that should make take care of problems no need to thank me

likaq

Arcane
Some butthurt from escapist forum:

After watching Spoony gush over Ultima IV, and then seeing that it was free on GoG, I grabbed it up, installed it, opened it...and as hard as I tried, couldn't stay with it. I tried, honestly I did, but it is hard to focus on just text when the Skyrims and Mass Effects and Dragon Ages have spoiled us with Oscar-winning voice-acting performances.

The same thing happened with the beloved Baldur's Gate as well. As hard as I tried, the sheer complexity of it all, along with some serious confusion about where to go and what to do, made it hard to immerse myself in the adventure.

Hopefully this project can combine the complexity of a big world and engaging characters with an easy GUI and controls scheme. That's my hope.

Doesn't matter to to if you're afraid of text, what DOES matter is if you're afraid these artwork "constraints" and voice-over expenses. You know what makes a believable NPC? Decent animation and voice acting. It would be a shame if Fargo ended-up overlooking some of the real technical advances in RPGs in favor of giving us a relatively the bare-bones presentation of the nineties.

Just when you thought escapist user's couldn't be any more retarded - they always delivers.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Bands of wasteland killer clowns are apparently funny to him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom