Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Thread - Director's Cut

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by DosBuster, Sep 19, 2014.

1. imweasel Guest

imweasel
    You can get an infinite amount of these...
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    ... by typing in "61290" when in dialog with Cpl. Solveig Sefors, if you have the kickstarter version of the game.
    :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Gord Arcane

Gord
    Seems to me they have improved the looks a bit over the beta, though.
    Pure graphic fidelity for me isn't the issue though, rather I think the art direction is hit or miss. Esp. the concept art is pretty cool and the environments aren't so bad either most of the time. And yet it misses some certain charm. Maybe that has to do with using stock Unity assets or with some lacking, well, direction.

Well, I will anyway wait for some Codex reviews before deciding if to buy or to pass for now.

^ Top  
  3. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer Sad Loser

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Doc, Muscle, Bunny and Jester just started their duty on the Wasteland. The atmosphere is top notch, I can tell you that from the beginning. The graphics is OK, the style is just what I wanted, UI is fine, the only problem is some mouse lag in the inventory. I already love this game.

^ Top  
  4. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    How does it hold up to Fallout 1 and Dead State? Comparable? Or more herp derp mad max nonsense?

^ Top  
  5. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    Brother None
    sea

BUG RAPPORTS:
    Show Spoiler

returning to highpool after wiping out wrecking crew if you've released the indian. can't report on the wrecking crew, all Sean Bergin says is something like "breaking out a criminal? that's low, even for rangers"

it has nothing on fallout.
    it's much better than dead state.

the most comparable game would be shadowrun returns. the combat is essentially the same. it is obviously much more fleshed out in terms of interactivity and RPG systems (inventories, attributes/skills, etc).

^ Top  
  6. Astral Rag Arcane

Astral Rag
    Game is awesome and runs buttery smooth but it does heat up my GPU (560 ti twin frozr) something fierce. I've turned down some settings for the time being but this is definitely not normal especially because frame rate is capped at 60FPS. ("frame rate target" actually works, I checked with FRAPS)

I can run demanding games like modded STALKER and GTA 4 without this problem...

^ Top  
  7. DosBuster Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

DosBuster
    Codex USB, 2014
    Blame the unity engine hehe.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Shadowrun Returns?

:what:

Thanks but no thanks then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. sea inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    Cool, email us at support@inxile.net and please include a save file demonstrating it. :)

^ Top  
  10. Blaine Cis-Het Oppressor Patron

Blaine
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    That's an unusual way to phrase an apology for being too stupid to distinguish low-tech graphics from poorly- or awkwardly-implemented graphics.

I can't seem to delete custom snapshots, by the way. The game constantly re-deposits them in C:/Users/xxx/My Documents/My Games/Wasteland 2/Custom Portraits even after I've deleted them, both at startup and at intervals during character creation. Guess I need to find out what's doing that or where they're really stored and put a stop to it.

Also, the portraits are buggy. Sometimes males show up in the female section and vice versa, but not always. Then again, :codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    failed your sarcasm check there

^ Top  
  12. sea inXile Entertainment Developer

sea
    Quick note guys:

We are already working on a patch (actually as of several days go) which will contain fixes that for one reason or another did not make it into the release build. A lot of this is last minute stuff we couldn't change like localization bugs requiring new code, quest bugs or "unexpected" stuff, anything that needed new text strings added after string lock, etc.

We will of course be checking for bugs and issues on our forums and at our support inbox but the turn-around for those, unless we find really critical issues appearing that need fixing ASAP, will be a bit longer.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. kain30 Arbiter

kain30
    started the game, i´m on the radio tower right now... and i fell in love with this game. combat in the third difficult is cool. a booby trap exploded on my engineer face almost killing it. I made the first choice with yet unknown consequence
    Show Spoiler
    i told the raiders on the radio tower that they can join the rangers for a small fee. lets see what will happend later

in short: liking it a lot so far

^ Top  
  14. Coriolanus Learned

Coriolanus
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Now I just need to think of a name...

:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

^ Top  
  15. Oesophagus Arcane

Oesophagus
    Looks scottish. Just sayin'

^ Top  
  16. Surf Solar cannot into womynz

Surf Solar

Tried to make some of my own portraits in the W2 style - with limited success :<

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  17. DosBuster Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

DosBuster
    Codex USB, 2014
    sea, will we be able to use our current save files for that patch?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Gord Arcane

Gord
    True scots don't wear tangas under their kilt. Even when they don't wear their kilt.

^ Top  
  19. Kaldurenik Arcane Patron

Kaldurenik
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Found a very strange bug. Some times while in combat the game world will "freeze" everything continues on like normal except the only things you can move around with the camera is the shadows. In other words camera is locked in place while the shadows are the things that move like when you move the camera around.

^ Top  
  20. holla_cabezas_de_mierda Arcane

holla_cabezas_de_mierda
    I don't know shit about how steam actually works, maybe somebody can answer this question. I bought Divinity OS and am done playing it, is there anyway to trade it now, or is it only able to be transferred before the key is used? Because if I could trade some of my old games with somebody who has an extra wasteland 2 key I might try to do that, but I am not sure it is possible. I am guessing it is not possible..but don't really know.

^ Top  
  21. Zeronet Learned

Zeronet
    So, with the higher tier armors, can you make your rangers look like they're wearing heavy armor and/or power armor?

^ Top  
  22. Zed Codex Staff Patron

Zed
    Codex USB, 2014
    how the fuck do you interact with the wagon in the prison FFS

^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Haha nah, that's not how digital distribution works. It's yours and only yours, forever.

Or at least until some EU policy forces the ability to resell games on Valve.

^ Top  
  24. Diablo169 Arcane

Diablo169
    TotalBiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 4m
    CONTEST: First person to kill my NPC in Wasteland 2 and present proof gets a PC game of their choice. GO!

Get to murdering Codexers.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  25. StaticSpine Arcane Patron

StaticSpine
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Wow, the game becomes intense pretty fast!

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.