Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Did they do anything about it being too easy to create a party that has every skill covered?
This option is toggleable when starting a new game on the Select Difficulty Window, within the Customize Difficulty sub-menu. When turned on, this will increase all skill checks in the game by +2, up to a maximum of 10.

• World interactions (Ex: locked doors)

• Conversation interactions (Ex: kiss-ass checks in conversations)

• Hacking and Taming checks on animals and robots

• Item skill requirements on gear (ex: weapons have skill requirements)

• Attribute requirements on gear (ex: heavy armor requires strength)

Codex Year of the Donut
option is toggleable
disgust.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
That... does not contradict taking death wish in any way. If we're talking DW vs sado again however then I'd add that flat damage bonus is weak anyway since it all comes to crit damage eventually. And speadking of "draw" - thanks for the little reminder why WL3's build system is pants on head retarded.

Sadomaso does get multiplied by crits AFAIK.
Also, lets not forget ChemTek Armor, which allows unlimited Adrenaline uses - also out of combat. That is kinda worth 2 AP alone - and you get bonus accuracy too. You could use the drug separately, but I tend to hoard consumables instead. Here it's convenient and free. Needs 6 Weird Science AFAIR, but that'd go well with MegaScope, Neutron Projector and Ray Tracer. I also tend to use a freeze mod on the Eliminator for organics.

Although the adrenaline accuracy boost could be more useful on a character who needs the extra accuracy more - like a Risky Shot weapon user - Explosive Assaualt Rifle Lancer, perhaps? Nice on an SMG or even HMG too (particularly something like Minigun with Shortened Barrel), I guess.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I actually did get my hands on the latest patch, and believe it or not, it actually managed to break the game more, in new and spectacular ways! :lol:

As of the latest patch (which has not been hotfixed despite released a week ago), all abilities can proc weapon effects. So if you're using a flamethrower for example, using Rally with your leader will set everyone in your team on fire.

Progress!
:happytrollboy:

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This game has surprisingly good voice acting so far. For instance, Lucia really captures the balance between stuck-up/assertive bitch but also naive/innocent young woman.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This game has surprisingly good voice acting so far. For instance, Lucia really captures the balance between stuck-up/assertive bitch but also naive/innocent.
A perk of having a sudden injection of Microsoft Money: the new-found capability of being able to afford better voice talent. Some of the Wasteland 2 VA were retained (but notably, not their terrible Director's Cut Angela Deth :P)

DeepOcean

Arcane
From the way they seem to be doing the DLC, focusing alot on gimmicks that are only useful on an area, I dont expect the next one to really improve tha game much, it is a pity, if the game had a few more perks it could improve alot.However, I dunno, still think waiting for a sale on the Director's Cut is the best choice. Even if the DLC itself didnt added much, they added a few new stuff by patches, there could be more of those on the future.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Don't usually complain about bugs, but this game seems pretty unstable. I've crashed 3 or 4 times now and I often get memory leaks that force me to exit and re-enter the game.

That's in addition to a TON of audio issues - music cutting out, tapes getting muffled etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

From last week: https://magazine.artstation.com/2021/07/inxile-wasteland-3-the-battle-of-steeltown-art-blast/

inXile Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown Art Blast

dlc1flatlogo1920.jpg
After the release of Wasteland 3 our team shifted focus to our expansions. The first of which—The Battle of Steeltown—just released for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. If you don’t know Wasteland, it’s the grandfather of post-apocalyptic RPGs going back to 1988 and helped to define the genre. It’s a series with a long history, but we’re continually forging our own path and creating a unique take on the post-apocalyptic genre, while staying true to our deep roots.

What you’re going to see here are concepts and visuals for Steeltown, a massive factory in southern Colorado responsible for developing and manufacturing new machines and technology. Which means our post-apocalyptic world is starting to creep out of the radioactive ash, and rediscover or even invent new technologies. Synths and robots have always been a key part of the Wasteland franchise, and that sophisticated technology is being rediscovered and shaped for new purposes.

Steeltown, like most expansions, also benefits from all the experience that went into the base game, and we were able to push our environments, models, and animations further than ever before. That’s true for our second and final expansion as well, which is due out this summer.

We hope you enjoy this look at the art for The Battle of Steeltown.

inXile Entertainment
Concept Artists
Dan Glasl – Senior Concept Artist

Dan Glasl – Senior Concept Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Dan Glasl – Senior Concept Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

TJ Frame – Senior Concept Artist

TJ Frame – Senior Concept Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

TJ Frame – Senior Concept Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Character Artists
Gintomesh Studio – Character Artist

Gintomesh Studio – Character Artists – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Rico Cilliers – Character Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Gintomesh Studio – Weapons Artists – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Environment Artists
Paul Fish – Lead Environment Artist

Paul Fish – Lead Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Paul Fish – Lead Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

David Brossoie – Senior Environment Artist

David Brossoie – Senior Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

David Brossoie – Senior Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Thang Tang – Senior Environment Artist

Thang Tang – Senior Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Thang Tang – Senior Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Calvin Trinhity – Environment Artist

Calvin Trinhity – Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Calvin Trinhity – Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Weapon/Vehicle Artists
Erik Duncan – Environment Artist

Erik Duncan – Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Erik Duncan – Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Garrett Bryant Jr. – Environment Artist

Garrett Bryant Jr. – Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Garrett Bryant Jr. – Environment Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Rico Cilliers – Character Artist

Rico Cilliers – Character Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

UI Artists
Christina Entwisle Jr. – 2D Artist

Christina Entwisle Jr. – 2D Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Megan Hourcade – 2D Artist

Megan Hourcade – 2D Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Lia Booysen – UI Artist

Lia Booysen – UI Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Lia Booysen – UI Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Animators
Josh Jertberg – Lead Animator

Josh Jertberg – Lead Animator – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown
VFX Artists
Quang Tran – Senior VFX Artist, John Winocur – VFX Tech Artist, Mike Oakley – VFX Artist

Quang Tran – Senior VFX Artist, John Winocur – VFX Tech Artist, Mike Oakley – VFX Artist – inXile Entertainment – Wasteland 3: The Battle of Steeltown

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Wait, i want to give it a try for real but i have question to the owners of the game.
Do loading times between locations are still long as hell and often like before the dlc?
Had this game when released on gamepass but i was pushed back by those loading times, even on ssd.
Now im interested in Steam version as good crpgs are very hard to get this year.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wait, i want to give it a try for real but i have question to the owners of the game.
Do loading times between locations are still long as hell and often like before the dlc?
Had this game when released on gamepass but i was pushed back by those loading times, even on ssd.
Now im interested in Steam version as good crpgs are very hard to get this year.

My loading times are lightning fast. I'm on an SSD (and a monster PC in general), but they're fast enough that I found myself actively taking notice of how fast they were, when I played yesterday.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

My loading times are lightning fast. I'm on an SSD (and a monster PC in general), but they're fast enough that I found myself actively taking notice of how fast they were, when I played yesterday.

For me they are pretty fast (except the first load) but not nothing. I'm playing on a SATA SSD, 2014 vintage machine except for 2018 midrange GPU.

GloomFrost

Arcane
LOL If you want a good cRPG then ignore it completely. Wait till Encased or Trudograd or new Pathfinder.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Nice - the railgun seems to be bugged. It deals all of 50 damage :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom