Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Wasteland 3 Co-op Trailer and Reviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: inXile Entertainment; Wasteland 3

The time is fast approaching. Depending on where you live, Wasteland 3 will be out either tomorrow evening or early in the morning on Friday. In a sign of their confidence in the game's quality, inXile allowed reviews to be published today ahead of its release. But before I post them, for the sake of completeness, here's a trailer released last week that introduces the game's co-op features:

And now for the reviews. The game has indeed done well, with scores ranging from high to very high. The most common criticism seems to be that it's not particularly innovative. By all appearances, inXile have successfully achieved their goal of creating a slightly streamlined but otherwise improved version of Wasteland 2.

Wasteland 3's Fig backers received their game keys over the past few days. We'll soon know whether these scores are legit or whether they merely reflect the clout of inXile's new owner. But so far, so good.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Call me jaded but when a game gets high scores across the board first thing I think is it appeals to far too many casuals. Still, I'm interested. Not a day 1 purchase, but I'm interested to see what the grognards say about it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't get the co-op in games like Wasteland 3 or Divinity Original Sin. These are 100+ hours RPGs, I can't imagine having a co-op partner who is there to play with you for 100 hours. And if he just drops in for a few hours, then what's the point?

Dr Schultz

Augur
I don't get the co-op in games like Wasteland 3 or Divinity Original Sin. These are 100+ hours RPGs, I can't imagine having a co-op partner who is there to play with you for 100 hours. And if he just drops in for a few hours, then what's the point?

Finished both D:OS games in co-op, which made the experience way more enjoyable, I suspect.

If you have a pen and paper background and you are still in contact with your old pals, it's relatively easy to arrange a coop playthtough. After all, it's not that different than arranging a tabletop campaign. Easier I'd say

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Looks like co-op will be another coffin nail for the genre. "

Dude. Co-op been around for decades. the genre still here.

That aid, to me, I'm not gonna use co-op. I don't want some yahoo interviong in my choices while playing. Fuck that shit.

Mantiis

Cipher
Can one of you fuckwits that got an early copy just tell us if it is worth it already?

Freakydemon

Educated
Good friends or a spouse you can easily co-op long games with, I'll be playing this with a friend who also loves RPGs. Random drop-in & out is a bit of a mystery to me as well but hey whatever floats your boat. At least you can convert your co-op save to a singleplayer one if your partner drops out.

Will probably wait a year until the enhanced edition or some major patches come out, big complex games like RPGs have a nasty tendency of having major bugs or missing features patched in later this last decade or so.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Finished both D:OS games in co-op, which made the experience way more enjoyable, I suspect.

If you have a pen and paper background and you are still in contact with your old pals, it's relatively easy to arrange a coop playthtough. After all, it's not that different than arranging a tabletop campaign. Easier I'd say
I see. Then it is problem just to me it seems, since I was not in the pen and paper scene and don't have friends who are into role playing.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Sales. I know several people that don't really play RPG, but picked up D:OS2 "to play with friends", none of them ever finished the game. Still, it's two copies sold to new customers.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
"Looks like co-op will be another coffin nail for the genre. "

Dude. Co-op been around for decades. the genre still here.

That aid, to me, I'm not gonna use co-op. I don't want some yahoo interviong in my choices while playing. Fuck that shit.
Uh? What the hell is this action looking wasteland? FALLOUT 3 overhead perspective? With co-op videogame partner buddies?
I rather though wasteland was a turn-based party apoc type game. While this looks entertaining in its own genre type (reminding me a bit of marvel ps2-3 games since i havent seen actual combat yet) it just is NOT looking like wasteland.

Maybe i missed the combat footage somewhere. Yeah, hope to see some down and dirty soon.

hpstg

Savant
What if...

The partner is a she, and she has also agreed to stay in the same house as you, and even let you touch her sometimes?

Can one of you fuckwits that got an early copy just tell us if it is worth it already?
Get GamePass for PC with $1 for the first three months and finish it.

sser

Arcane
Developer
What if...

The partner is a she, and she has also agreed to stay in the same house as you, and even let you touch her sometimes?

The most expensive DLC.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What if...

The most expensive DLC.

I'm looking forward to the future where we can download prostitutes.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
What if...

Doesn't exist.

jackofshadows

Magister
What if...

Doesn't exist.
Not a problem, man. Although, if you want the real deal, call a hooker I guess, market should be created from something, right?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
I bet there's some asshole out there who is "chilling" or playing video with his girlfriend or god forbid wife (fucking hell), deeply thinking in a kind of hazy trance that this is it, this is the most mankind can ever accomplish, just sitting in front of a screen with the woman, but then as he grabs the unique rare item like some avid fuck he subconsciously knows he's not "getting sex" tonight, and so anxiety starts setting in, he can't help but picking the violent dialog option, kills the small dog, refuses to help the rape victim, the woman is then horrified, she realizes that he "never was who he said he was", everything just goes wrong, how can it be

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom