Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 Fig Update #38: Delayed to August 28th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; inXile Entertainment; Wasteland 3

Brian Fargo announced today that the already late Wasteland 3 has been delayed further to August 28th due to the coronavirus epidemic.

Greetings all,

As with most companies, we moved to a work-from-home environment some weeks ago, and that’s of course introduced new challenges that many of us throughout the world have been learning to manage. We’ve been excited to see the Wasteland 3 Beta so well received, but the reality is that with these new logistical challenges our release was going to be impacted.

We’re in a great position with both Microsoft and Deep Silver supporting our desire to ensure the game launches in the best possible circumstances, and to add a few extra months to ensure this is a stellar product on day one. With that, Wasteland 3’s new release date is August 28, 2020.

That’s time we’re putting into acting on Beta feedback and suggestions, optimization, polishing and refinements, and making sure we have an awesome co-op experience. We’re pouring our hearts into this game, and the last thing we want is to have anything but an amazing launch for a product we truly believe in.

We appreciate everyone’s excitement and continued support as we put a few more months into ensuring that on launch day Wasteland 3 is the experience you’ve been waiting for.

Thank you and stay safe,

Brian Fargo
Studio Head, inXile entertainment​

What a shame. I do wonder if this was going to happen anyway. The backer beta coming out two months before release was kind of weird.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Big oh-no sign for me.

If they have trouble 2 months before release with the corona stuff, then it means the game was far from finished anyway.

So I guess the corona actually saved them in sorts.

Disappointing.

4too

Arcane
Death Watch

How many might not be breathing with or with out mechanical / medical assistance August 28, 2020?

1% of the demographic?

Do cancer, cardiac, and car crashes have to make room in the line up for a new contender?

No asthma here, but work in a dusty environment in a large metropolitan biosphere. Pertinaciously essential. ;)
Craft is under “attrition” so no vacancies being filled, so insane levels of OT lurk in future. Long days in the haze ahead … Strike One.

Bought Wasteland 1 at a mall chain computer store, RETAIL, played WL 1 on a C 64. OK BOOMER! Strike Two.

Liked the beta / demo very much. Looking forward to Wasteland 3. Ironic fate die roll … the drama of dharma!

Does this orchestrated dynamic tension sweeten or sour our Wasteland 3 anticipation.

Me?

Reporting in Codex, I’M NOT DEAD YET! Watch On The Rhyme! 4 WL 3! :salute:

4too

4too

Arcane
Pardon My Memes

Hi SenisterDenister :salute:

While in a dark place, had driven by DAC, and my last posting was an inarticulate (meme on) Old-Man-Shouting-At-Clouds (meme off).

Few years back, made a series of conscious and unconscious (assumed) ‘adult’ life style decisions and went (meme On) Down-A-Rabbit-Hole (meme off).

After traveling old and new dysfunctional by ways, survived a series of personal epiphanies, Appear to wake up in time for (yet another cliche, aka breakfast ?),

no, “Wasteland Remastered”, and “Wasteland 3”.

Math calculating extended time until final release, may be simple arithmetic, two months of world wide disruption plus a more expected one extra month to digest the feed back of the Beta / Demo.

The new variable of a pandemic and its impact beyond the economy, on where we live, might mutate the math into arcane ‘chinese algebra’ .

Time when …. Time might not mean f-ck all in 3 months. The rhetoric, the drum beat, in the medias (the prophets of profit) spouts, taps, a dire amount of ‘crowd control’.

3 months …(Looking Glass half full.) We could have THAT mythic sports car, a pet toupee’, and a REAL red headed girl friend (carpet matches drapes) !!!1! :hahano:

Actually.

Interesting to see if the presumed resources of Micro Soft will help or hinder the over arching quality of the August release.

The sum of the parts … less with more?

Time and money for ’too many cooks’. ;)

4too

Ocelot570

Educated
Brian Fargo and his gang of faggot misfits have never put out a game of theirs when they said they would. How are they ever trusted? They have really gone to the bottom of the barrel.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Too bad for Fargo. If he had been able to release during this pandemic he would have had half the world's population exactly where he wanted them; stuck at home with nothing better to do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom