Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 Fig Update #7: Colorado Lore, New Stretch Goal

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brother None; InXile Entertainment; Wasteland 3

The Wasteland 3 Fig campaign inched past $3M of funding yesterday, unlocking the Morningstar car companion stretch goal. With two weeks still left to go, today's update announces a new stretch goal at $3.25M - the "Bizarre", a high-end post-apocalyptic black market. It's also got an introduction to the Colorado setting and its ruler, a fearsome but aging quasi-feudal clan leader known as the Patriarch. I quote:

The Colorado Territories

To celebrate the $3M milestone, the narrative team has written an introduction to the Colorado Territories that you’ll be exploring in Wasteland 3.

When the bombs fell, the hardy and patriotic survivalists of Colorado Springs were ready. We burrowed deep and rode out the nuclear rage and the burning dark in our bunkers. We were the last bastion of Old America and the seeds of the new, waiting to bloom when the sun returned.

It never quite did, though. The cold never left Colorado, and the storied Hundred Families that survived Armageddon found that their former land of plenty had become an icy, bandit-haunted wasteland. We fought battles over every bite of food. Sickness came then. Starvation. Cannibalism and atrocities uncounted.

No one knows when the Patriarch was born. We only know the stories of his family’s rise to power. We know he killed his twin with his own hands, and hung his mother for stealing from him. We know that the Dorsey clan crossed him, and what happened to them after, down to the smallest child. We know he hacked and hammered his nation into place until every family and faction answered to him. Even the savages roaming the frozen plains fear the Patriarch.

No one knows when he was born, but he won’t live forever neither. His sons and daughters are fighting, breaking his nation into scheming factions. The warlords and the refugees from the dying east are already clawing at his borders.

At best, a war is coming. At worst?

Annihilation.
Next Stretch Goal!

Our next stretch goal at $3.1M is the Customizable Ranger Squad Insignia, a fun gameplay element where your custom insignia which will appear around your Ranger Base and elsewhere in the world.

But what comes after? At $3.25M, we’ll be adding the Bizarre!

The Bizarre is a marketplace of the expensive, the dangerous, and the weird. It was built into a half-buried ancient mall, difficult to reach even if you know where it is, and acts as a safe haven for the kind of deals that are best kept from any scrutiny. Once you have access to this place, you’ll be able to browse the high-end stock, purchasing your pick of the Bizarre’s valuable and dangerous items, or perhaps you’ll have more nefarious plans for the place...
Also included in the update is an obligatory winter-themed version of the famous Wasteland cover art, courtesy of Andree Wallin. Naturally, this one has a car.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
The stretch goals are just retarded.

Asking for 100, 200K just to change an insignia, or customize a logo.

Seriously? GTFO, add some valuable things to the game, don't tell the backers that you need 200K to add 3 logos to the game that can be made in 20 seconds on photoshop.

This kind of stretch goals at least to me they mean something like: We have already closed the main features of the game, we are not going to add anything relevant even if you hit 10.000.000, so just get this retarded things that are going to be in the game anyway just to keep the "interest" and get new posts on gaming sites about this retarded updates of the stretch goals that we are unveiling one by one every 5 days to get those juicy clicks and remind people that we are on a fig campaign.

It's just fucking clickbaits and grind my gears.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
on the bright side: they're not needlessly adding shit that may not be essential to the plot/core experience

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Since they're getting most of their money from investors, shouldn't they be targeting the very same investors with those stretch goals?
- Retweet 100k times and unlock investment coaching videos with tim schafer
- Reach 3.5M and we'll afford RPShit and Koktaku 10/10 reviews for maximum profit. Etc..

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
on the bright side: they're not needlessly adding shit that may not be essential to the plot/core experience
Exactly. Anyone complaining about meaningless stretchgoals should remember to PoE's streatchgoals which made the game bloated. These ones don't hurt anyone, don't hurt the game. They are bringing in some extra money from those who get excited about these features.

D!!

Educated
Cover art is insanely cool.

- Reach 3.5M and we'll afford RPShit and Koktaku 10/10 reviews for maximum profit. Etc..

Why not? Better this, than another mediocre popamole shit like Fallout 4.
Seems like all really important features were already on their list, except for Knight Rider. And only because they were 100% sure that this goal will be funded.

The stretch goals are just retarded.

Asking for 100, 200K just to change an insignia, or customize a logo.

Seriously? GTFO, add some valuable things to the game, don't tell the backers that you need 200K to add 3 logos to the game that can be made in 20 seconds on photoshop.

This kind of stretch goals at least to me they mean something like: We have already closed the main features of the game, we are not going to add anything relevant even if you hit 10.000.000, so just get this retarded things that are going to be in the game anyway just to keep the "interest" and get new posts on gaming sites about this retarded updates of the stretch goals that we are unveiling one by one every 5 days to get those juicy clicks and remind people that we are on a fig campaign.

It's just fucking clickbaits and grind my gears.

Kind of hard to market: 'first stretch goal, we polish existing areas slightly, and spend a few weeks balancing weapon classes', '2nd stretch goal, we approach Spiderweb Software levels of polish and make some effort at weapon balance', '3rd stretch goal, we can afford a team that's dedicated full-time to late-development polishing, and can add 6 salary-months (i.e. 3 guys working for 2 months) to balance everything properly'.

When I've got trust beyond the 'it's a scam, no not figuratively or as a criticism but literal take money and go into hiding scam' point, I actually like seeing stretch goals that cost a negiglible fraction of the money demanded. It means the funds are going into shit that they actually ought to be working on.

Atchodas

Augur
Makes one wonder if reaching every stretchgoal is really frontpage news worthy , burns my eyes everytime .

DeepOcean

Arcane
The patriarch seems like a cool guy to fight with and the situation of a fragmented faction fightng for power is more interesting than robots wanting to take over the world. The ranger base seems like a big opportunity if they execute it right. One of my complaints for Wasteland 2 was that everything that was hapenning barely affected the rangers so you couldn't see the stakes of what was happening and the conflicts on the Wasteland felt weak, underdeveloped and without consequence for me to care, involving the rangers and enemies actually comming for you to fight and your decisions affecting the situation of the rangers on the HQ would be nice, I just think they shouldn't make ranger HQ just another quest hub, that would be a waste.

I would be cool if you came with a small group and offered protection from harm to weaker groups of people and villages, having them join the rangers until you reached a certain influence to attract the attention of the big guys that aren't happy with this newcomer and you had to be really careful with your alliances and not being the weakest guy in the bunch and end crushed. Wasteland 3 would be really cool if they focused more on the political situation, a dynamic campaign with missions that changed based on your decisions at HQ would be pretty cool, they should drop any pretence of having a linear plot, you aren't the Lone Wanderer but the guy that will bring the rangers to Colorado, they should stop making Wasteland a party based Fallout and just make something cool.

It would be pretty good to have you liberating cities from raider gangs, JA 2 style, having a rooster of rangers with different skills and even trainning a militia to help you. I dunno, as they have vehicles now, they could have a hidden victory condition of you discovering the location of an old US military base with still some old american tanks functional... they could go crazy.

I dunno, they could gone crazy on Wasteland 2 too and they didn't so I don't expect much this time, it is a pity. So far, they didn't say anything that impress me, this seems like Wasteland 2 with better graphix and multiplayer. After 4 years of crowd funding, developers are still selling games to consumers without explaining anything about the gameplay of the game, it is unbelievable.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
." So far, they didn't say anything that impress me, this seems like Wasteland 2"

THE FUKKING HORROR.

A sequel that is like what it is a sequel to.

WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
At this point they might as well have stretch goals for cleavages and boob physics, that would at least be interesting.

Fucking ranger logos lol, they are hilariously pathetic.

acer palmatum

Scholar
At this point they might as well have stretch goals for cleavages and boob physics, that would at least be interesting.

Well at least I don't wanna see tits and butts with that graphic engine. As far as I am involved they can give us the high-tech version of burkas - hope they have visible power-armor this time.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Guys guys, relax. You haven't thought this through. InXIle is adding tits and butts and dicks and weed with the stretch goals. Just got to customize your ranger logo to look it. How awesome is that?

Hell I'm pretty sure you can make yourself a waifu with that logo. Bam! Romances included. Roleplaying man, heard of it?

Turok

Erudite
They really dont want more money, is because of this:

2vhveck.jpg

There is not much contribution from backers. almost all money come from invest...

ArchAngel

Arcane

Cost of Artists making logos: 10 000$
Cost of prostitutes showing tits and butts to Fargo: 90 000$

Severian Silk

What I want to know is, what is the Codex's custom insignia going to look like?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom