Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 3 gets new trailer, now available for preorder, releasing on May 19th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Brian Fargo; inXile Entertainment; Wasteland 3

Microsoft's much-hyped X019 event in London today ended up giving us little more than a seemingly endless stream of trailers for cartoony multiplayer games. That includes Obsidian's new game, which we're just going to pretend doesn't exist, thank you very much. Yet at the very end it was somewhat redeemed when Brian Fargo was finally allowed on stage, ushered in by Phil Spencer himself to close the show and unveil a new Wasteland 3 trailer. It's a gritty lament for the lost world of 1987, which you can tell because it's got a giant robo-Reagan.

Even before the trailer went out, Wasteland 3's Steam page was updated to indicate that the game is coming out on May 19th. It's on GOG now too, and on both stores the game is now available for preorder for a steep $60. There are some preorder-exclusive items which I expect will also be given to Fig backers. The only thing left to find out now is when backers are getting their hands on Wasteland 3's Early Access beta. Brian Fargo and Jeremy Kopman will be talking more about the game at X019 tomorrow, so maybe it'll be announced then.

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well... as he started talking he started with the things that matter, and the game is 55 Gb.

So far those are the positives.

Not holding my breath though.

EDIT: Also, visually, I like the missle throne.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
The backer alpha played well. Not heavy on the RPG mechanics but it was an action-oriented demo so I wasn't expecting much. Verdict is still out on my end but the combat was really fun.

slowtard

Educated
Slowtard propose Microsoft should buy Asylum Films and Juul vaping company, and force merger between them and inXile.

Then they have this demographic locked down *tight*

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks ok, but there are very few games I would consider being worth full $60, and Wasteland 3 is not one of them. Maybe this is supposed to push even more people towards the Game Pass service.

EDIT: Not sure what to think about it being treated as the highest-profile (presented last) game of this conference. EIther Microsoft really has nothing better (in the marketing sense) to show, or they are hoping that tactical post-apocalyptic turn-based RPGs will suddenly start selling millions of copies (?).

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So they went from cringe humor to cringe epicness in their trailers trying to sell this pile of shit. Still looks shit, will be shit.

tindrli

Arcane
well if that's right im not impressed at all. still i hope that the game will be better than new trailer

Diggfinger

Arcane
Hope it sells well!
Personally not that interested (since they dumb'd down RPG-elements, right?) but interesting that Fargo took the co-op thing to heart. I remember him saying that was one of D:OS' keys to success, when he was still mad WL2 didnt sell too well.

See how it goes!
More exciting about the (Unannounced) Jason Anderson/Chad Moore project....

Atchodas

Augur
Sad part is that this game is the only CRPG im looking forward to and I kinda know its gonna be average at best

:negative:

:decline:

looks better than.....what else is even coming out? Looks fine.

Did you mean COLONY fucking ship? Cyberpunk 2077 ring any bells? Bloodlines 2? Encased? Beautiful desolation?
oh yeah, colony ship and encased I am truly looking forward to much more than this game, but I don't think they will be out by May. Also your post reminded me about Stellar Tactics, which I am also looking forward to...thanks!

Atchodas

Augur
Colony Ship is like couple of years away isnt it ?
Then maybe BG3 and WL3 next year but other than that there is nothing to look forward to, oh the decline !

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom