Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'inXile Entertainment' started by Zorba the Hutt, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Assisted Living Godzilla Cipher

Assisted Living Godzilla
    That was quite the twist at the end.

• Funny Funny x 9
    ^ Top  
  2. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think you misunderstood the survey. It's asking what people actually did in the game when they played, not what they want it to support.

^ Top  
  3. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    Bit of a relief but the question still remains: Why do so many people prefer pre-made characters?

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Well in this case the dual premade characters concept is kind of unique so I could see more people trying it out compared to other RPGs.

^ Top  
  5. Zombra An iron rock in the river of blood and evil Patron

Zombra
    Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
    Did they do the same butthole move they did in BT4? Where they force you to use a premade character for 6 hours then let you make your own instead if you really want to? Because I can see getting attached to a premade if you're forced to use it for a while.

• FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. eric__s ass hater Developer

eric__s
    At least in the beta, you can make your first two characters at the very beginning, and then once you make it to the Colorado base you can make as many additional rangers as you want.

• incline incline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    Default difficulty is the way to play for me unless there are compelling transparent reasons to go higher.

• Disgusting! x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

Faran Brygo lives!

• Funny Funny x 10
    • incline incline x 1
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    They must have hired asscreed unity's gfx programmer :P

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    [​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• decline x 3
    • Disgusting! x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    For some reason Microsoft posted about this last week: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-...es-a-post-apocalyptic-beast-with-wasteland-3/

• Shit Shit x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Is the "my squad turn - enemy squad turn - my squad turn" system really more appealing for normies than "ping-ponging with the AI", i.e. an individualized initiative-based system? I honestly can't see why would normies consider the latter less fun or less engaging.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. orcinator Liturgist

orcinator
    I mean in this game's case, maybe because WL2's character creation was shit and filled with trap options.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. xuerebx Augur

xuerebx
    Generally I only like to focus on developing my own character, which is why I prefer single player (no squad) games rather than squad-based games. I usually prefer if the game automatically levels up the other characters, given the option. If I have to choose where to spend skill/stat points on the other characters it's not really a problem either way.

^ Top  
  17. Saduj Arcane

Saduj
    I prefer individual turn based but I thought giving high initiative characters extra turns in Wasteland 2 was overpowered.

Edit: Not sure if they fixed that in Director's Cut, I finished the game before it came out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron

• nice nice x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Agame Arcane Patron

Agame
    Insert Title Here
    We need a stronger Coof, to rid the world of stupidity, can someone tell the guys in the labs to mix up a new one?

• coof coof x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. kalganoat Learned

kalganoat
    Just finished Wasteland 2 today after abandoning it shortly after initial release. Great game. Can't wait what the team can do with a bigger budget.

• Brofist x 7
    • Friendly x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Background Character Arbiter

Background Character
    My choice is to punch Fargo in the face

• Edgy Edgy x 3
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
  24. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Nice look at some of the game's new combat mechanics here.

I believe this video answers your question.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Gazing at his slowly refilling game shelves ;-)
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    That little snippet at the end... I hope it's true that you can screw yourself over by your choices (and character builds) making the game harder (or more interesting). The illusion of choice is no choice at all.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2020
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.