Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
I'm mildly hyped as I enjoyed Wasteland 2 well enough.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder why they're looking for a senior writer for this game at this point?: https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/senior-writer-wl3

Senior Writer - Wasteland 3

The Wasteland 3 team is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Writer to join our team. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience using branching dialog tools, a deep understanding of what makes non-linear experiences tick, and a quirky and darkly humorous style of writing that matches Wasteland 3. You will be working with the narrative stakeholders and level design team as we iterate on and expand existing content.

Qualifications:
  • 5+ years as a Writer in a professional capacity.
  • Shipped at least one title with non-linear, branching dialog.
  • Extensive experience with branching dialog tools (e.g. in-house tools, or Twine, Chat Mapper, articy:draft).
  • Ability to adapt to feedback and style requirements of our project.
Responsibilities:
  • Write and revise dialogs in our branching dialog tool, including creating new dialogs from scratch.
  • Testing dialogs for functionality and flow in Unity.
  • Assuring stylistic consistency across our dialogs.
  • Collaborate with narrative stakeholders and level designers to iterate on content.
Pluses:
  • Experience making RPGs, or a deep knowledge and love of RPGs.
  • Experience with Unity.
  • Familiarity with the Wasteland universe.
  • Comfortable with technical tools and fastidious in your workflow.
  • Able to provide writing samples, preferably in branching dialogs (links to YouTube videos of your work acceptable).

m_s0

Arcane
They thought to celebrate crayon day some more by having the writers write something in crayon and post it all over social media to increase engagement and all that.

Turned out they don't have any writers left.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I suspected that after the Microsoft buyout Wasteland 3 would be expanded in a major way to become a viable D:OS 2 competitor. Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything from it for so long - the game is being completely overhauled.

Last edited:

Squid

Arbiter
I suspected after Microsoft buyout that Wasteland 3 would be expanded in a major way to become a viable D:OS 2 competitor. Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything from it for so long - the game is being completely overhauled.
That would definitely be interesting. Let's hope that it's more compelling than D:OS 2. I don't doubt that it's a great game but when I played it co-op I couldn't give a shit about what was going on and the randomized loot a la looter games was annoying. I wasn't expecting to have to keep checking loot and look at rarities and nonsense. I guess that's a big pull for some people. Gotta get that shiny purple named sword that does Random Effect 43 and has Static Bonus 7!!!!

passerby

Arcane
You guys are too optimistic, but Microsoft can indeed throw some money at W3 to polish it a bit, so the quality of the game won't affect their brand negatively. Releasing something as amateurish, as usual inXile fare shouldn't be acceptable for them.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Lost Colin, lost Gavin, lost Cassandra, stuck begging for a new writer allegedly months away from release. :M

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
2E0D4E4B00000578-3300614-image-a-70_1446556474186.jpg

^this is a revamped Wasteland 3 after Microsoft's money were put to good use.

EDIT: Infinitron, get the fuck out of here
your breath smells of Fargo's cock cheese

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder why they're looking for a senior writer for this game at this point?: https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/senior-writer-wl3

Looks like they've got one?

Also another freelance writer who once worked on WL3, lead writer of Banner Saga 2: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drewmcgee/

InXile Entertainment: Wasteland 3 (2017)
- Creating Area Design Brief for a major zone in an established IP
- Designing major and minor quests and multiple NPCs to encourage exploration of the zone

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom