Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Merc (the game)

Haris

Novice
Its a post apoc turn based rpg in the making. Its being made in Ogre engine.

Remember before judging the screenshots that its programmer art. Meaning tons of things are placeholders and tons of things like details (bushes, rocks and stuff) are not implemented yet.

screenshot1ir4.png

screenshot2bk0.png

screenshot3av6.png

Fez

Erudite
It looks shitty.

If they are place holders then maybe you'd be better showing us something that shows more of the game play or some other elements that can be shown.

Haris

Novice
If you have played Wasteland merc fallout 2 mods than you know the basic elements of it. This is just freeware version of it in ogre engine instead of fallout 2 engine.

OsirisGod

Liturgist
No offense but it took me 2 days or less to get something better looking than that in irrlicht with just basic C++ knowledge.
The ideea intrigues me , but the project seems to be in "drawing board " state atm so we cannot do much but hope for a future update at best.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I don't see what the point of your post was. Was it to demonstrate your knowledge of placeholders or what? I mean, you have nothing to show.

Haris

Novice
The game is being made as an final exam work of two computer science students. The point of my post was to show that "Wasteland merc fallout 2 mod" is being made as standalone freeware game now instead of another sequal to the mod series.

Amasius

Augur
I've played Wasteland Merc 2 a year ago for a while. Well... initially it was somewhat interesting but the concept of the mod didn't make much sense: MMORPG gameplay in a soloplayer game - WTF? Not exactly my idea of fun, sorry.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I don't understand why this wouldn't be a good site to post this game on for 2 reasons: We are supposed to like fallout. We aren't supposed to be graphic whores. It seems reasonable and the perrfect place to post the game in practice if it weren't a bunch of filthy lies. Most of the people that post here like FPS's and were in 1st grade when FO came out, said they hated Oblivion from the innitial announcement, and pre-ordered it and shit their pants with joy when they saw the install screen. Or pirated it and shit their pants with joy when they saw the install screen.

I guess we just need Beth's FO3 so at least we can't complain about the graphics.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Oh, so an indie game can have shit graphics as long as their art is top notch? Get the fuck out of town. It equals the same fucking thing, and if the game play is good and the mechanics are good, it doesn't fucking matter. Games are ment for playing. ALl discussion of a game should be based soley on gameplay to differentiate the whores from the normals. Keep sucking the art/graphics dick you bitches. I fucking loath you all, superficial retards.

Haris

Novice
The game is made by programers only, first released playable version is going to look quite similar to what screenshots look like except it will have more details like furniture, garbage piles, rocks and bushes on the ground and stuff like that. We dont have a graphic artist nor do we intend to look for one before entire game is finished. Later if game shows to be fun and some artist offers him self to improve the art and graphics we are going to let him.

Cause this is a university project development is going pretty fast forward cause they have a deadline to make it. As soon as i have more improved screenshots to show with completed gui and stuff like that i will post them in this thread.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Roqua said:
Oh, so an indie game can have shit graphics as long as their art is top notch? Get the fuck out of town. It equals the same fucking thing, and if the game play is good and the mechanics are good, it doesn't fucking matter. Games are ment for playing. ALl discussion of a game should be based soley on gameplay to differentiate the whores from the normals. Keep sucking the art/graphics dick you bitches. I fucking loath you all, superficial retards.

No.
You dumbass.
You don't even know who those "retards" are.
Artwork makes a game better, that's all, you angry cunt. You try to lump people who -appreciate- good artwork into the same category as Oblivio-tards. Tell you what, you stupid bitch: I love my old, ugly, shitty-looking games much better than any recent game. I replay my Wizardry 4, my Might & Magic 1, etc. However, you fail to see that nice artwork -does- make a good game better. Avernum 4 would be so much better if it wouldn't look like something my nephew drew. Well, Avernum's gameplay sucks anyway. Geneforge is another matter, I like it, thought there's way too much combat. My favourite genre are text-adventures, asshole.

A game is a melange of art, sound and gameplay. To rate and discuss games on gameplay alone is absolutely retarded - artwork, presentation, interface all enter the equation too. If you don't realize that you might as well play P&P.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Haris said:
The game is being made as an final exam work of two computer science students. The point of my post was to show that "Wasteland merc fallout 2 mod" is being made as standalone freeware game now instead of another sequal to the mod series.

Fallout 2 looks a lot better. And the combat is great. So why make a new system when the old one was great anyways? If it was an indie game which is sold I would understand it, but why switch from modding a good game with a solid fanbase to making a whole new freeware game? Where's the sense?

obediah

Erudite
Jasede said:
Roqua said:

No.
You dumbass.
Artwork makes a game better, that's all, you angry cunt. You try to lump people who -appreciate- good artwork into the same category as Oblivio-tards.

Shut up and go back to furry fag reading school. This thread is criticizing bad artwork rather than appreciating good artwork. Nice artwork in the Disciples game makes it fun to look at and make forum avatars out of, but it would be the same damn mediocre game if you replaced the troop icons with character codes. Warhammer is the same damn mediocre game if you're used goldenturd painted miniatures or king comrade's jizz-soaked sock full of pennies and paper cutouts. Now modding your mini's for WYSIWYG is a functional improvement to artwork, it looks cool and improves gameplay.

Eye candy is eye candy, regardless of whether you get it out of a Quad SLI GF99943UBERXLGX XXTRA XTREME, or a korean art sweatshop.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I was just responding to Roqua. Should have sent a PM instead, sorry for derailment. Point taken.

Amasius

Augur
Jasede said:
I was just responding to Roqua. Should have sent a PM instead, sorry for derailment. Point taken.
You want to deprive us of the hopefully arising drama? Roquas rants are always fun to read and thread derailment is a well-established tradition of the Codex, so no excuse necessary. :P

OsirisGod

Liturgist
Roqua said:

As for myself what i was trying to point out is that the SS could represent the "Getting Started" tutorial from Ogre , imho the SS have no place , the introduction and text is ok but the SS show absolutelly nothing ,its not a SS of a game its a SS of a couple of textured models in a 3d engine , there is 1 year between the 2 usually , i could explain more but i dont wanna get in to a war , anyway i look forward to the progress.

Jim Kata

Arbiter
How has roqua avoided a dumbfuck tag so long?

Not just on the board, but in real life. A giant dunce hat is called for, my friends.

Haris

Novice
JarlFrank said:
Fallout 2 looks a lot better. And the combat is great. So why make a new system when the old one was great anyways? If it was an indie game which is sold I would understand it, but why switch from modding a good game with a solid fanbase to making a whole new freeware game? Where's the sense?

Moding Fallout 2 engine is 10 times harder than making an entire new game in ogre, mostly cause fallout 2 engine is hardcoded and was never ment to be moded. And we cant use nothing from fallout i.e. art, skillsystem and combat in a new game cause that would be illegal.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Jasede said:
Roqua said:

No.
You dumbass.
Artwork makes a game better, that's all, you angry cunt. You try to lump people who -appreciate- good artwork into the same category as Oblivio-tards. Tell you what, you stupid bitch: I love my old, ugly, shitty-looking games much better than any recent game. I replay my Wizardry 4, my Might & Magic 1, etc. However, you fail to see that nice artwork -does- make a good game better. Avernum 4 would be so much better if it wouldn't look like something my nephew drew. Well, Avernum's gameplay sucks anyway. Geneforge is another matter, I like it, thought there's way too much combat. My favourite genre are text-adventures, asshole.

A game is a melange of art, sound and gameplay. To rate and discuss games on gameplay alone is absolutely retarded - artwork, presentation, interface all enter the equation too. If you don't realize that you might as well play P&P.

Okay you ball sucking, cum guzzling, retard. If artwork makes games better why do you play text adventures? Any type of art would make them better right? Oh, yeah. You’re a fucking retard. And if we break if we say “art” would this game fly above even Oblivion, as Van Gough’s childish paintings are world famous “art.” How can you call you “favorite” games old and ugly when you said good art makes them better? What keeps you coming back is the game.

I have the consistent stand which is graphics due not matter and are trumped by gameplay. You stance is “art” is fucking super important but every game I love has none. That makes perfect sense. Know what also makes sense? I’m naked under all my clothes. Boobs make an attractive girl really hot, but Fabio is my favorite. Penis takes like grapes and I love toast!!!!

You make as much sense and are as consistent as a fucking three year old on acid. I think the watercolor paintings in darkland’s were stupid, but I love the game. If a game is good to begin with, fancy art might make playing it a little superficially pleasing, but if it sucks no amount of graphic awesomeness is going to make it a better game. Key word=game. You look at art, you play a game.

I could draw better art by pissing in the snow than what wiz 1 has to offer.

The bottom line is that you are a graphics whore. You demand that modern games have good “art” yet you say your favorite games that have poor to no art somehow outshine Avernum 4, which has graphics that do everything the game needs them to do, and somehow this makes the gameplay bad. You are far too dumb and inconsistent to make a valid point. And way to far gone in graphic whore lying land. Have fun playing FallOut 3, bitch. At least Oblivion fans have the balls to tell the truth, you’re just a fucking poser, sucking up bandwidth here when you could be fondling the balls of all your graphic whore buddies on the Bethesda forums. You bought Oblivion, you played Oblivion, you giggled like a naughty oriental when you saw how radical and tubular the graphics where. And now you want to infuse your graphic whoreness into any game announced that isn’t Oblivion, while blaming everything, including “art” (i.e. graphics), but the graphics on how the game, that you never gave a chance to or played, sucked.

Just shut the fuck you slimy bitch.

How has roqua avoided a dumbfuck tag so long?

Not just on the board, but in real life. A giant dunce hat is called for, my friends.

Dumbfuck tag? Nevermind that, how the fuck have you managed to avoid death this long you fucking invalid? Invalid doesn’t even seem you up. You are like an old, unemployed, lying spambot. Why don’t you just fucking end your misery and ours you old, stupid, lying piece of shit poser while someone might actually go to your funeral. Your only contribution to the earth has been insuring the person at SSA has a job printing your checks and a bank teller has a job cashing it. You are a fucking useless drain on society and our resources. Every breath you take reduces the quality of the air for our youth that can actually form coherent thought. Suicide isn’t the right thing for you to do, it’s the only moral and ethical end to your wasted, lying life as a professional invalid.

ANd I pray I get a dumbfuck tab. I'd wear it like a badge of honor, you graphic whore bitches.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom