Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

wat is dis (Drakensang mod)

Goblino

Savant
It's a drakensang mod with a questline and two new character archetypes to be added on to the main game? What are you asking exactly?

Goblino

Savant
Probably just for the benefit of the 2 that actually liked Drakensang.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am sure all three English-speaking people, who played Drakensang will appreciate it.

Oi! Drakensang's a cute little (well, actually, not-so-little) with a few flaws and many merits. It's definitively better than some of the "big" titles some people on these boards fuss so much about.

The mod seems fairly "serious" stuff:

"Features:
- ca. 20 – 30 Stunden Spielzeit
- Schnellreisepunkte
- 272 neue Questen
- 250 neue, vertonte Dialoge
- nachwachsende Pflanzen
- Kekse"

- 20-30 hours of gameplay (not bad for an uber-obscure mod for a similarly-obscure game)
- Fast travel (Kinda :decline:, but the original game suffered from some backtrackitis, so it's actually kinda ok)
- 272 new quests (out of which 250 are probably "kill-10-rats")
- 250 new conversations (voiced, apparently)
- re-growing plants? This is where my German fails me...
- cookies!

Damn, I'm such a pessimist.

Actually, trying out this mod might just be the chance I needed to re-play Drakensang....

Last edited:

Goblino

Savant
I'm just talking shit. I'm currently playing around with a handful of DSA games to see which ones I like. I figured I'd start with drakensang 2 instead of 1. Every one of these games has so much numbers going on that I don't know if I find it alienating or sexy.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Drakensang wasn't so bad actually. I have a feeling that it would be much more popular if they put more effort into explained the system to people not familiar with it, DSA is quite different from D&D, not nearly as intuitive as SPECIAL and looks p. overwhelming at first glance.

No need, they're probably busy playing PoE and the effects will be the same.
Just tell us already where PoE touched you. Maybe it'll help you get over that degrading and horrifying experience and become a productive member of the society once again.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
TDE fans are really dedicated, considering that there are no real modding tools and molding means tinkering in the games SQLite database.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Drakensang wasn't so bad actually. I have a feeling that it would be much more popular if they put more effort into explained the system to people not familiar with it, DSA is quite different from D&D, not nearly as intuitive as SPECIAL and looks p. overwhelming at first glance.

No need, they're probably busy playing PoE and the effects will be the same.
Just tell us already where PoE touched you. Maybe it'll help you get over that degrading and horrifying experience and become a productive member of the society once again.

Swat+wat+is+the+swat+doing+in+my+twat_e90e4a_4839458.jpg

Goblino

Savant
I'd like to play the pnp game, but I don't have any friends where I am and I fucking hate nerds, I'd rather take their lunch money than watch them show shameless disregard for hygiene and how to behave in public. Does anybody know of a brief guide I can read so I know what's going on under the hood? I notice that everyone whiffs like crazy in star trail, and I would be less annoyed if I understood the number voodoo.

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Ha-ha.

Seriously though, PoE bashing is getting old. I guess by now everyone realizes that it wasn't exactly the second coming of IE they expected. It's still a good game though, especially by today's standards, and there's no reason to hate it unless you're Sensuki or just plain hate everything RTwP in which case why even buy the fucking game at all?

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
I'd like to play the pnp game, but I don't have any friends where I am and I fucking hate nerds, I'd rather take their lunch money than watch them show shameless disregard for hygiene and how to behave in public. Does anybody know of a brief guide I can read so I know what's going on under the hood? I notice that everyone whiffs like crazy in star trail, and I would be less annoyed if I understood the number voodoo.

No idea. What little I know, I learnt from trial and error playing the videogame and reading the tooltips.

There are some really lightweight info on the game's mechanics in the Codex' prestigious review of the game, too (I'm shameless, IKR).

vonAchdorf

Arcane

If you have Drakensang, there's the whole 200 pages basic ruleset in PDF format in the installation folder. Drakensang uses the version 4(.1) of the ruleset, the old RoA games use v3, which is quite different to version 4. V3 char gen is mainly dice rolls and luck based, v4 is point buy.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
And this?

173458-baldurian-s-bibliothek-windows-front-cover.jpg

Apparently, an unffocial XP for BG. "Explore the secrets of the Baldurian Library. New characters and (a lot of?) mysteries await you!"

Description
Baldurian's Bibliothek is an unofficial Add-On for Baldur's Gate.
This expansion adds new secret artifacts and new characters with individual combat strategies. The included character editor allows players to change several attributes of characters and allow you to equip the character with things you want (for example: rings, shoes, armor, spells, rare artifacts, weapons, drinks or belts of your choice).

Source: mobygames

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom