Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch Dogs: Legion - wacky adventures in dystopian London

https://watchdogs.ubisoft.com

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/watch-dogs-legion/home

Kotaku said:
Watch Dogs Legion Leaks, Will Let You Play As Any NPC

It wouldn’t be E3 without every Ubisoft game leaking, wouldn’t it? Following Roller Champions last month, the third Watch Dogs has now leaked out thanks to Amazon UK, and it’s called Watch Dogs Legion. Kotaku can confirm that this one’s real, as we’ve heard the name from several sources plugged into the company.

Watch Dogs Legion is set in London, as we confirmed a while ago, and here’s the really interesting gimmick: You can play as any NPC you recruit in the game. From the product description:

Play as anyone, Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated & guided by gameplay systems

I’ve heard the same, and also that you’ll see different things at different points in the game depending which NPC you’re playing as. In fact, from what I’ve heard, this system is so ambitious that it’s been causing the developers a lot of headaches (and may have led to at least one delay). More next week at E3.

https://kotaku.com/watch-dogs-legion-leaks-will-let-you-play-as-any-npc-1835218378

PC Gamer said:
Watch Dogs Legion will be set in a 'post-Brexit' London, according to Amazon listing

The description suggests you can play as any NPC you encounter in the open world.

The next installment of Watch Dogs will be called Watch Dogs Legion, if a new listing on Amazon is accurate. Captured by Twitter user Wario64, the listing actually contains some revealing details: it'll be set in a "post-Brexit" dystopian London, and not only that, all NPCs will be playable.

"Watch_Dogs Legion is set in a near-future, dystopian version of London," the description reads. "It's a post-Brexit world in which society, politics and technology have changed and altered London's fortunes. London is one of the most iconic cities in the world and has had a massive influence on all of Western Culture for centuries... London makes total sense for WD, as the city has one of the highest surveillce (sic) levels in the world making this the perfect playground."

Elsewhere, the listing informs that you can "play as anyone".

"Every individual you meet in the open world, has a full set of animations, voice over, character traits and visuals that are generated and guided by gameplay systems."

It's par for the course for any Ubisoft game to be leaked ahead of its official release, but there have been clues that the next Watch Dogs would take place in London for some time. Tyler speculated last week that Watch Dogs 3 will have "a more serious tone" and a "greater focus on creepy future tech a la Black Mirror", and the signs are in his favour, so far.

https://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dogs-...st-brexit-london-according-to-amazon-listing/

Last edited by a moderator:

ADL

Prophet
Watch Dogs 3 will have "a more serious tone" and a "greater focus on creepy future tech a la Black Mirror"
Thank god. The tone the only thing I hated about Watch Dogs 2 and loved about the first.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Why doesn't Codex have a smilie that signifies extreme boredom and indifference? Because that's what most people probably feel about a new Watchdawgs or Ass Creed :shitposting:

EDIT: Forgot about meh
meh.png
meh.png
meh.png

Last edited:

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Didn't they say not long ago they weren't doing overtly political games? Now they're doing "post-brexit apocalypse" game???
They didn't, they just make their games look like they're tackling recent happenings in order to profit from outrage marketing for looking like SJW, even though on the inside the games don't say anything at all really. Even journalists are giving them shit for always toying with their expectations.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If they are PCs why are they called NPCs?

Also who is God?
NPC means Non-Player Character, so basically you as the player plays as non-player cha...
wait, that means the non-player characters are now player characters
so the NPCs are now player themselves
so the tagline is wrong, it should be "God Saves the Player"
i'm confused
what can change the nature of an NPC?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Hey Ubisoft games have cardboard characters with no personality/annoying douches anyway, controlling NPCs won't make much of a difference.

Hellion

Arcane
It looks interesting, tbh. I hope the novelty won't wear off after 30 mins of playing.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

Heh, this is directed by Clint Hocking, the director of SC: Chaos Theory.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom