Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch Dogs: Legion - wacky adventures in dystopian London

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist

I dig the gameplay. I hyped for this one now. The concept is cool, i just hope characters can't do everything after upgrading them or some shit.

It's clearly that every character gonna be into a archtype (Brawler , Drone , Hitman , etc). Also only 3 month until release.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
You'd think with all the future tech, they'd finally have fucking ID guns or some shit so you'd have to unlock guns much later in the game, pushing the non-lethal style that made 2 fun to play. But nahhh, we need muh John Wick playstyle where you press a button and get an elongated animation of your character doing something cool that could be done faster with shooting someone in the head... wait, where have I heard this before?

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
You'd think with all the future tech, they'd finally have fucking ID guns or some shit so you'd have to unlock guns much later in the game, pushing the non-lethal style that made 2 fun to play. But nahhh, we need muh John Wick playstyle where you press a button and get an elongated animation of your character doing something cool that could be done faster with shooting someone in the head... wait, where have I heard this before?

Did they confirmed to have no lethal option?

CyberModuled

Arbiter

Did they confirmed to have no lethal option?
The option itself is still there (first gameplay demo last year had the granny using a taser as well as the spider bot's takedown being a electric shock) but I just wish they'd actually prioritize it more since using non-lethal playstyle in 2 was just more challenging and fun overall imo. Mind you, I understand why they don't since at the end of the day it's a lot easier to advertise over the top explosions and gunkata to an audience.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
The evolution of the series from serious Gen X protag to hipstery Milllenials to crazy Zoomers is pure decline.

The series consists of garbage single player game campaigns paired with interesting multiplayer game modes where the matchmaking experience is generations ahead of the likes of rockstar, fromsoft & co and their disgusting waste of the player's time.

You virtually never deal with multiplayer loading screens nor do you have to wait around before you get matched and start interacting with other players. Select a multiplayer game mode and less than 5 seconds later there's another player in your gameworld, on your screen, for you to harass, spy or coop with.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Watch Dogs 2 was alright but it seemed like they didn't go far enough with the drones and things. I think this game is going to to fix that.

ADL

Prophet
This looks amazing. Half-Life Alyx is already locked in as my favorite game of the year but this looks like it could be a contender for #2 or #3

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This looks amazing. Half-Life Alyx is already locked in as my favorite game of the year but this looks like it could be a contender for #2 or #3

Wut? Do you mean it 'looks amazing' as in the graphics? Because surely you don't mean the gameplay which looks exactly the same as the other two games, except with the added retardation of enemies staying in melee if you don't draw your gun in order to enable you to beat them up one by one. Nice of them, to not draw a gun even when they've just seen their colleague smashed into a scarlet stain by a mask wearing intruder.

ADL

Prophet
It's closer in tone to the first game and the gameplay of the second with the procedural characters thing. Stealth, non-lethal gameplay looks way more viable than it was in the second game too. Pretty much perfect.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I was expecting more tbh. Graphics are a nice improvement, recruitment looks good. I hate side quests but 'helping someone out' with something so they join you seems ok and it seems like each mission is pretty unique. The permadeath thing sounds great, I think it will make missions more intense because you can't just fuck around shooting everything and if you die you reload. Permadeath means you go carefully and use the character properly or you lose that character and have to get another one. Also I love it being in London, so much better. And it looks great.

My issue is that the gameplay really is mostly the same as the previous games. "You can complete a mission any way" is just straight up bullshit. You can complete a mission any way as long as it's either: a) Stealth + take downs, b) guns blazing or c) using gadgets/abilities. I guess some punch ups could maybe be considered a d) but imagine how fucking boring that is after 20 times. Also the bees guy, you press LMB to squirt bees and RMB to electrify the swarm? I think I lost IQ just typing that shit. Did they see all the complaints about Skyrim's shitty combat and think, "I hope some day we can make combat that shitty!"

:abyssgazer:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's closer in tone to the first game and the gameplay of the second with the procedural characters thing. Stealth, non-lethal gameplay looks way more viable than it was in the second game too. Pretty much perfect.

You're supposed to pretend you hate all modern games on the Codex.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
CEO: It needs to be easy enough that anyone can play it.
Lead Designer: Hey I could do what Dragon Age did, I could make it so that when you press a button, something awesome happens!
CEO: No, people will say we are dumbing down.
Lead Designer: Two buttons?
CEO: Get it done.

Silva

Arcane
I am dying to play this game. WD2 was really underrated. Fun game with far more mechanics and ideas than shitty GTA5. Some of the missions where you have to infiltrate a big office building were really good, I also loved the one at a big mansion that you raid at night. A grittier version of that with some tweaked gameplay would be amazing. I also love the idea of permadeath, it is one thing that really bugs me in games like this, the fact that nothing that you do matters. You can just run around shooting cops and whatever because you just drive away and lose them, and if worst comes to worst, you reload. WD2 had better cops that chase you further and have better AI so you could die trying to escape. Combine that with no reloads and it could be really exciting.

Shame it got delayed.
I agree. Found WD2 pretty decent, and I actually liked the story and the cast of characters. Really charismatic, at least in the Brazilian dub.

If this new concept of a stable of agents to use and manage actually works, it'll be an amazing game.

Watchdogs 3 is now my main expectation for the year, even above CP2077.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
First game was boring with some gameplay gimmicks and somewhat servicable story (which was reminded me of 90s action movie plots)
Second game was boring as hell on all fronts and I have no doubts this one will be even more boring.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
NPCs with random stats. Kinda like Shadow of Mordor\Shadow of War. Or MGSVTPP. Scanning and getting the ones that have the best stats or in the case of WD3, the right gear or clearance to various places.

Origin

Augur
Game looks stupid as shit.

Agreed. I don't see what would motivate me to keep playing.

If only could someone make reimagining or sequel of Messiah (2000) on this engine. There is no semi-cyberpunk game with the soul one the market.

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
NPCs with random stats. Kinda like Shadow of Mordor\Shadow of War. Or MGSVTPP. Scanning and getting the ones that have the best stats or in the case of WD3, the right gear or clearance to various places.
Best stats too. Each person has a background with related Traits, from Pyrotechnics (bonus to explosives range and damage), Medicine (bonus life to the entire roster), Martial arts (can do specific maneuvers like disarm enemies), etc. Besides that, you can train each in 3 "roles": Enforcer, Infiltrator or Tech expert (or somthng) each conceding perks and bonuses. And each (apparently) have personality and relationships, so you must take care to not hurt their friends in the city or send them on missions they don't like, otherwise they could leave the team and do you harm or something.

66211_77_watch-dogs-legion-depth-rpg-elements_full.png

It's a pretty neat concept. On paper.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom