Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch Dogs: Legion - wacky adventures in dystopian London

orcinator

Liturgist
NPCs with random stats. Kinda like Shadow of Mordor\Shadow of War. Or MGSVTPP. Scanning and getting the ones that have the best stats or in the case of WD3, the right gear or clearance to various places.
Best stats too. Each person has a background with related Traits, from Pyrotechnics (bonus to explosives range and damage), Medicine (bonus life to the entire roster), Martial arts (can do specific maneuvers like disarm enemies), etc. Besides that, you can train each in 3 "roles": Enforcer, Infiltrator or Tech expert (or somthng) each conceding perks and bonuses. And each (apparently) have personality and relationships, so you must take care to not hurt their friends in the city or send them on missions they don't like, otherwise they could leave the team and do you harm or something.

66211_77_watch-dogs-legion-depth-rpg-elements_full.png

It's a pretty neat concept. On paper.
Damn, a 10% bonus to THIS as well as a 10% bonus to THAT? Now that's what I call stats that matter. This TPS open world game with gimmicks is truly breaking the mold.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
NPCs with random stats. Kinda like Shadow of Mordor\Shadow of War. Or MGSVTPP. Scanning and getting the ones that have the best stats or in the case of WD3, the right gear or clearance to various places.
Best stats too. Each person has a background with related Traits, from Pyrotechnics (bonus to explosives range and damage), Medicine (bonus life to the entire roster), Martial arts (can do specific maneuvers like disarm enemies), etc. Besides that, you can train each in 3 "roles": Enforcer, Infiltrator or Tech expert (or somthng) each conceding perks and bonuses. And each (apparently) have personality and relationships, so you must take care to not hurt their friends in the city or send them on missions they don't like, otherwise they could leave the team and do you harm or something.

Damn, a 10% bonus to THIS as well as a 10% bonus to THAT? Now that's what I call stats that matter. This TPS open world game with gimmicks is truly breaking the mold.

>Protested for refugee rights

Silva

Arcane
Does someone know if there is a main protagonist here?

I'm worried for the lack of one. For all the over seriousness and hipsterism of Aiden and Marcus on WD1 and 2 respectively, I actually liked their personalities, dialogues and backstories. Those personal drives kept me motivated in playing the game.

ADL

Prophet
Does someone know if there is a main protagonist here?

I'm worried for the lack of one. For all the over seriousness and hipsterism of Aiden and Marcus on WD1 and 2 respectively, I actually liked their personalities, dialogues and backstories. Those personal drives kept me motivated in playing the game.
There isn't, it's entirely procedural.

ADL

Prophet
For how supposedly "unlikable" Aiden Pearce is as a protagonist, he sure has a lot of fans. More than that cringe, quippy bullshit one the second game had from what I've seen and heard.

deuxhero

Arcane

Like I said, it needs some kind of background tasks for you to assign your gang to instead of just have them rot on a roster.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If you really enjoy one gameplay style... stealth pistol assassin in my case, for example... what's to stop you from just using the same character for 90% of the game?

deuxhero

Arcane
If you really enjoy one gameplay style... stealth pistol assassin in my case, for example... what's to stop you from just using the same character for 90% of the game?

In a good game this would be accomplished by things like
  • Fatigue/injuries requiring a character be inactive to recover from
  • Wanted Meter Decay being faster/only existant for in-active character
  • Missions that require multiple people in one mission (do one half, then you're shown the other half of what the other character was doing).
  • Missions that require a character with a specialty (like only a character with bomb skills can defuse/plant bombs the mission requires)
  • Alternate routes depending on skills or other characteristics (young female might be able to go undercover ect.)
  • Character skills aren't all differing ways to kill people faster so you might, for example, have a character who is better at driving that you'd naturally use for driving heavy missions.
  • Behind the scenes stuff that automaticlly progresses (Like MGS: PW's outer ops system) as you play the game has characters be more useful if they've gotten field experience

But since this is an Ubisoft game, I have no doubt they'd screw it up.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
^ those sound great but I'm afraid most archetypes will still have crisp and polished control/shooting mechanic because casuals don't like it when things feel clunky. For example in the construction worker gameplay, dude still moves, take cover and shoot nailgun smoothly like a real 3rd person shooter protagonist which really disappointed me, but I still have hope that the game will surprise me.

Silva

Arcane
The fact he has spileptic seizures? Or is always drunk and has a timer before passing out through the mission? Or have back problems and can't climb shit? There are different conditions on each agent.

It could also be a case of what other agents bring to the mission. E.g.: there is a runaway driver in the latest vid that comes with a faster sports car and transit hacks from the get-go. So for these missions you will probably want to pick him, specially if those "skills" are locked out of other types of agents (I hope so).

Also, a professional fighter has more melee techniques than a normal dude (I saw a sweep and a kill-grab in the vid), so a professional hitman will probably have better shooting skills too. If this is implemented as faster crosshairs or mark-and-execute trick or some other shit I don't know.

Oh and the game has permadeath, where agents can be arrested when shot. So if you lose your stealth pistoleer it seems you wont be able to simply reload, you'll have to take him out of jail first (however that works).

Last edited:

Silva

Arcane
Like I said, it needs some kind of background tasks for you to assign your gang to instead of just have them rot on a roster.
That and assigning support on the backgrund for the current mission. Say, you'll be entering a company building to steal some files. A secretary agent on support could distract people inside, an IT expert agent could give free access through some doors, and a political activist agent could start a protest outside to attract security guards.

typical user

Arbiter
So basically protagonist from the first game will appear in the newest and in his reveal they also announced that if you want more of him you have to buy separate DLC / spend more money on season pass?

:keepmymoney:

User was nabbed fit

This game looks like it couldn't be more woke if it tried. I almost regret getting it for free with my RTX purchase.

ADL

Prophet

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom