Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Watch Dogs: Legion - wacky adventures in dystopian London

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Never waste effort putting more thought into a review than the author of the reviewed subject put into the subject itself.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Okay, so I posted some glowing impressions earlier in the thread. Don't really want to pour fuel into the fire, but honestly after finishing the game in 25 hours mark, it ended up being... disappointing :(
Why did you expect Ubisoft to deliver anything more than Minimum Viable Product?

ultimanecat

Arcane
Some design director at Ubisoft could come up with the most interesting gameplay gimmick in the world, and 99% of the content would still be created by the game design equivalent of a FoxConn plant at Ubisoft Shanghai. I’m shocked that anybody could have played an Ubi game in the past 10 years and still be curious about how this one might be the one that isn’t tedious and repetitive.

Codex Year of the Donut
ughh it's a single 558GiB 7z file, it must have all the game's assets with it.
Why are crackers, leakers, etc., always so retarded? Do they not understand the purpose of torrents where you can individually select the files you want?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Apparently some ransomware group today leaked the entire source code of the game :lol:
I'm genuinely curious how it happened. I guess somebody at the core team of Ubisoft (or whomever made WD3) leaked it, otherwise I don't think it would be possible, especially so fast.

Why are crackers, leakers, etc., always so retarded? Do they not understand the purpose of torrents where you can individually select the files you want?
it's not a matter of theft, it's a matter of feat, something you p2p lamers can't understand.

Codex Year of the Donut
it's not a matter of theft, it's a matter of feat, something you p2p lamers can't understand.
literally nobody cares about their oversized egos besides their mom when she brings them hotpockets in the basement

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently some ransomware group today leaked the entire source code of the game :lol:
I'm genuinely curious how it happened. I guess somebody at the core team of Ubisoft (or whomever made WD3) leaked it, otherwise I don't think it would be possible, especially so fast.

It would depends on how things are setup, but it can also be someone in IT (who usually have access to everything), contractors, people from other teams if the access controls aren't secure. Or an unsecure backup (like unprotected aws bucket) that can be accessed by anyone.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, so I posted some glowing impressions earlier in the thread. Don't really want to pour fuel into the fire, but honestly after finishing the game in 25 hours mark, it ended up being... disappointing :(
Why did you expect Ubisoft to deliver anything more than Minimum Viable Product?
It's mostly because 1. I really love WD2 so I expected they know where to go with the next installment, 2. it's lead by Clint Hocking and 3. there's no way it can be more shallow than AC Odyssey. Turn out I was dead wrong.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Did people manage to find attractive female NPCs yet?
Nigga, it's fucking modern AAA gaem. And it's FUCKING LONDON!

So more of a documentary and going for high levels of realism, innit? Britpigs are slags and hambeasts who are #2 in line behind their Amerimutt landwhale counterparts. Worst timeline ever... need my DeLorean to go back to 1984, clown world sucks.

Ebonsword

Arcane
I picked this up over the weekend since it's already 50% off. For that price, it seems worth it (so far).

Yes, the missions are incredibly easy and the AI is braindead (I literally had a guard spot me from 10 feet away, go on alert, and then call off the alert when I walked around a pillar--even though I was still 10 feet away from them). But I love London, so it's very fun for me just to roam around seeing the sights, looking for people with interesting abilities to recruit, and beating up random fascist guards.

Did people manage to find attractive female NPCs yet?

I admit, that is kind of annoying. I've been to London, and there were hot women everywhere I went. And I don't think they were *all* Swedish tourists.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
In the first minute of this video, the narrator says London is a twelve-thousand-years-old city. That is twelve thousand. Not hundred.

Londinium is way older than that.

That English oddity of "twelve hundred" rather than "one thousand two hundred" makes my brain hurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom