Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Way of the Samurai or Saints Row 2?

I've discontinued my Nehrim LP, and someone else is going to do an IW playthrough, so I'm thinking about a new game to focus on.

Way of the Samurai, and then its sequel (the original is pretty short, even with the multiple paths), or Saints Row 2? Which would you rather see?

Warning: Even with me only having two LPs, I'm not going to be able to update every other day or something. There's going to be awhile between them.

Edit: Or I could do that idea about playing through the quest-lines of various Morrowind mods.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Way of the Samurai. The game is very good for the Codex "the power is yours" LP democratic choice.

Way of the Samurai. Multiple paths, not too long, good gameplay.

While SR2 is alright to screw around with for a little bit, it's not a very good LP game.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
Way of the Samurai, just recently played it myself. More C&C than all Bioware games combined.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know about WotS, but SR2 doesn't seem a good choice for a screenshot-based LP. Unless You plan on doing it SR2 youtube-y, I say WotS.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Sword of the Samurai instead. Lead your clan to the 300 year shogunate!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Another vote for WotS. Saint's Row 2 is fucking great, but as others have set it's too expansive and samey for an LP.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
yespls.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I like Saints Row 2 well enough, it wasn't great but pretty good, but I don't see how it makes for LP material. So Way of the Samurai.

JrK

Prophet
So how did people get SR2 running properly anyway? I have a good pc but i can't go above the lowest detail setting and then I still get lousy fps. And driving makes the camera jump all over the place.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
JrK said:
So how did people get SR2 running properly anyway? I have a good pc but i can't go above the lowest detail setting and then I still get lousy fps. And driving makes the camera jump all over the place.

No tweaking needed on my side, it ran on maximum settings just fine. But it is a console port.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom