Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime we need a "modder" tag

agris

Arcane
Patron
this prestigious magazine needs a modder tag. we have some actual modders around here, and we have people with an affinity for drama as if they were modders.

i don't know how to make this happen, but the need is real.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I used to be a modder once, but then I took a patch to the game. Was no good for modding, so I decided to settle down here instead.

Xelocix

Learned

Imagine using a forum for almost 2 entire decades.

REIsNJx.jpg

agris

Arcane
Patron
Anyway, outside of this little poster expressing his nascent online persona, maybe “typical modder” makes more sense as a tag. With the malkavian font from vtmb.

This is to distinguish the likes of people actually pushing boulders up a hill like Wesp5 and maybe Ash (although he displays typical modder behavior as well), from the certifiable like Celerity. It should be a badge of public shame, not a slander to people doing good work (like Wesp).

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought there already was one? Think I remember seeing it on one of those dudes who used to have every tag.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Roguey your notes.txt is about as comprehensive as can be; does this already exist? Am I projecting a memory of a tag into a request for one?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
agris the modder definition is too vague right now. I used to make mods (one entire retexture) and campaigns (two, one is perished, another one could be downloaded) for ArmA 2. Am I modder now?

This wasn't a rhetorical question, the answer is no. So, modder is the person whose body of work is well known by the players, and the author itself as well. But here's the question - do these people need tags? They're already well known by the people in right circles

agris

Arcane
Patron
agris the modder definition is too vague right now. I used to make mods (one entire retexture) and campaigns (two, one is perished, another one could be downloaded) for ArmA 2. Am I modder now?

This wasn't a rhetorical question, the answer is no. So, modder is the person whose body of work is well known by the players, and the author itself as well. But here's the question - do these people need tags? They're already well known by the people in right circles

I have left the implicit unsaid, and it is causing confusion. This tag is for the very special type of modder that is emotionally unstable, usually when criticism and critiques of their work are involved. Their flair for the (melo)dramatic was, I thought, self evident. For example, the rando IE modder who created alts to spam beamdog forums promoting her mods, or compiled other people's mods and edited them to reference hers (Roxanne?).

As long as I've been involved in PC gaming ('96ish), there has been a special class of modders who are fragile, unstable individuals. This tag is meant for them. Not for you with your texture swaps, nor I with my text file edits.

Perhaps this type of person doesn't resonant widely enough with these forums, but I think it should.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom